• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Cuburt

Meh. Everytime, developers are saying they're excited for it but then it comes out and no one makes games for it but Nintendo.

Remember EA's "unprecedented relationship" or whatever?
But some DICE employees were much less kind about the consoles ability to run the Frostbite engine (even though they never had much time with the dev kits ,if I'm not mistaken). Publishers trying to do business may be more forgiving, especially when they themselves don't deal with that aspect.

I think this is a pretty damn good endorsement.

Edit: oh well. Back to the waiting game. :/

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So he was joking and probably doesn't know anything...

I wonder if there is any truth there though, in regards to certain people getting to see it behind closed doors at E3.

Antonz chimed in on the matter, so...it's possible, after all :p

Matbtz

"The hunger for NX is real."
Fabian : "I noticed. Well, at least people care."

I hope this don't mean developers don't...

oti

Banned

Nein. Just stop. This interview means nothing. It's fun and entertaining. Don't read too much into it.

Instro

Realistically it's fair to say that devs and pubs are probably not lining up considering Nintendo's irrelevance in the console market.

As I mentioned earlier though, best not to read into anything.

AzaK

Now that I'd believe more than CD Projekt thinking NX is fantastic. We all know from Reggie's comments and Nintendo history that the NX will not be particularly powerful compared to what someone like Sony or MS would do. Everyone needs to temper their expectations. It might be somewhere in the vicinity of XBO, it all depends on what price point they are going for (We all know it'll be $250-$299) and what extra things they have added to differentiate and the cost of those.

psychodino

Neo Member
It shows the CD Project Red is willing to give developing the NX a shot, or at the very least, avoid writing it off until the console comes out

I don't think that some people are really understanding why this matters.

Sure developers say positive things about hardware before they come out all of the time *insert joke about EA/Nintendo partnership for wii U here.* The Difference is that most of the time there is clearly some sort of goal they have for saying it, EA praised Wii U (until they backed out) because of the partnership they had at the time. Most companies say these kind of things because they generally have something to gain from it...

CD Project Red doesn't really have that, they aren't owned by some massive corporation and even if they were developing either of port of Witcher 3 or Gwent for it they still have no direct reason to say its good unless they actually know something that does indeed excite them, the comment alone is more along the lines of this kind of thing. They've herd things and they think it'll be great because of that.

Long story short, CD Project Red doesn't really have a stake in NX so its likely that if what they have herd is true then the NX really has something special and unlike EA or Activision they aren't saying something positive because they have a large stake in it being successful.

Heres hoping at least.

Blobbers

"CDPR isn't Ken Levine, it's a much better endorsement" even after multiple posts claiming that this guy is just a hype man and PR.

I think people just want to believe.

Matbtz

Nein. Just stop. This interview means nothing. It's fun and entertaining. Don't read too much into it.
This is a reply on twitter
Realistically it's fair to say that devs and pubs are probably not lining up considering Nintendo's irrelevance in the console market.

As I mentioned earlier though, best not to read into anything.

Yep the best is to wait for the reveal before getting any high hopes or the contrary...
I hope we will have the date for the NX reveal at the shareholders meeting

wYit1JS.gif

Oh man that tweet ... dude is PR at CDPR, right? He should've known what his interview would cause.

I would like to believe that the got a slap on the hand by Nintendo somehow making him tweet that sentence, but as of now, it's just back to a joke interview.

Bummer, Gwent could've been a nice addition to NX, it's such nifty little games that always add to a library.

Are people still trying to be optimistic about the NX's "power"? Do we need to be reminded of the fact that 3ds was Nintendo's attempt at making a high-priced portable
(tbf, it was before mobile boom chips and they did want to use Tegra)
, and that the WiiU was their attempt at some "middle-ground"? You'll get a sub/equal Xbox One machine, and you'll get some Japanese third parties, and you shouldn't expect anything more. I'm eager to see the "gimmick" either way, good or bad, at least it'll be an entertainingly bullish direction that makes Nintendo different

Plum

Some good, "it's not just another Wii U" news and it turns out to be a joke. I reiterate my point from a previous thread, this does not bode well.

Nintendo really needs to reveal this thing already, E3 probably gave it as big a PR blow as a slightly later relative release date could ever have.

But, lets wait and see.

From Twitter

It sounds like he knows more or less the same as we do.
"I have a good idea, i should totally joke about knowing good stuff about NX in the interview with my old friend who's known for leaking Nintendo stuff with a certain credibility. What could possibly go wrong, it's not that my PR knowledge of the PR do's and don'ts apply here!"

Betting he's and Trev are going to see some sort of backlash via Twitter. I'm always glad that i don't have to deal with this stuff, thanks to not being a leaker and not having a Twitter account. :]

Thank goodness it isn't going to be a juice monster with dated controller options. Also, way to cherry pick a statement and spin the context. I'm sure that wasn't the intent, but it goes to show why comment grabs from a full interview don't work lol

I may be the only one glad he was joking.

I don't believe Nintendo can enter a power race especially with something like the Scorpio on the way.

Plum

It doesn't bode anything at all.

It's implying that many smaller developers/publishers have no idea what the NX is. A PR guy, if his employer knew what the NX was, would give a generic statement, not joke around about it.

But, like I said, I'm still waiting for the announcement to make real judgements. Im just incredibly uneasy about the console right now.

v1oz

Was he being sarcastic in his response to the interviewer? I would be very surprised if they genuinely impressed with the hardware.

Schnozberry

Was he being sarcastic in his response to the interviewer? I would be very surprised if they genuinely impressed with the hardware.

Based on what he's been saying on Twitter since this thread came to attention, he says other developers are actually saying positive things about NX but this interview was blown out of proportion.

KrawlMan

I may be the only one glad he was joking.

I don't believe Nintendo can enter a power race especially with something like the Scorpio on the way.

Yep you're probably alone on that. Just because they can't compete with head to head with Scorpio in power doesn't mean that a better compromise can't be made than one full generation behind. The Wii U makes it feel like I've been playing PS3 era games for over a decade now.

Sadist

So, no CD Projekt Red? Shocking news.

Come on Nintendo. Do something on the PR front.
I think people who were taking this interview as proof that development was underway at CDPR for NX need to get some prescriptions renewed..
At this point in time everything third party related on Nintendo systems is a mystery :p

Classic Döhla

"I have a good idea, i should totally joke about knowing good stuff about NX in the interview with my old friend who's known for leaking Nintendo stuff with a certain credibility. What could possibly go wrong, it's not that my PR knowledge of the PR do's and don'ts apply here!"

Betting he's and Trev are going to see some sort of backlash via Twitter. I'm always glad that i don't have to deal with this stuff, thanks to not being a leaker and not having a Twitter account. :]

he's never going to live the Xbox thing down is he?

Chao

I shall declare the "kiss of death" season open.

They do this every time with the new Nintendo hardware, as as the release date approaches we will hear more of this "NX is the best thing ever" only to be abandoned from third party developers one month after launch

First I thought he's just joking but what was the reference to the last time he said too much. That sounded as he really knows something and is afraid to let it slip (again?)
He accidentally revealed the original xbox back then. He was invited to the TV show the other guy was involved at and they talked about the upcoming ms console. That time he worked at the newly started magazine for xbox. He showed a random page from the mag into the camera and it happened to be the xbox design lol (they had several mockups in there to talk about pre reveal)

It was a clusterfuck at that time cause ms was pissed! This was before the official reveal of the box!

He really is an awesome guy and really good friend to Simon (the guy on the left). They just shut talked there.

i bet he buy him self some new sneakers to celebrate his internet trolling :D
As said in the interview he is happy with the situation and his collection. Nothing he wants right now. (he took 12 pairs for 14 day trip) lol

I shall declare the "kiss of death" season open.

They do this every time with the new Nintendo hardware, as as the release date approaches we will hear more of this "NX is the best thing ever" only to be abandoned from third party developers one month after launch
Dunno, while him "joking" was shitty, how does this fit into that ominous "kiss of death" range?

Or did you just not read things correctly?

Top Bottom