• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Baalzebup

I think people who were taking this interview as proof that development was underway at CDPR for NX need to get some prescriptions renewed..

You know, Dawn of War has lines for both sides (just a random thought that occurred to me when reading this thread):
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt"
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

AgeEighty

It's implying that many smaller developers/publishers have no idea what the NX is. A PR guy, if his employer knew what the NX was, would give a generic statement, not joke around about it.

I don't think that logic really follows, but even if it's true that CDPR hasn't investigated NX development, I don't think that means much, either.

Zereta

wYit1JS.gif

What's the origin and context of this gif? It's too perfect here.

Plum

I don't think that logic really follows, but even if it's true that CDPR hasn't investigated NX development, I don't think that means much, either.

He's the PR guy, I don't expect him to know the ins and outs of such a secretive console, but you would expect him to know what not to say if CDPR were currently affiliated with it.

It does mean much because CDPR created the definitive "GOTY" last year and is releasing a new, albeit smaller game, as well. CDPR isn't a small-time indie dev, and support from them shows that Nintendo isn't just going after the token Ubisoft and EA games for the launch.

Oregano

So to sum up:

Developers have said good things, he doesn't personally have details but he's personally positive because he's a fan.

Edit: I may be mistaken but I believe people from Cdprojekt were present at 3DS stuff when that was releasing so it's not like Nintendo is ignorant to their existence.

Rncewind

It does mean much because CDPR created the definitive "GOTY" last year and is releasing a new, albeit smaller game, as well. CDPR isn't a small-time indie dev, and support from them shows that Nintendo isn't just going after the token Ubisoft and EA games for the launch.

Its funny how people are already dismissing big 3rd party in their minds. Preaparing for the only nintendo title console again i guess

klier

I'd be very happy if the NX was a 2 TF machine.

I can only imagine Breath of the Wild on a 2 TF machine....

AdanVC

I love how each and every single thread related to NX rumors has been debunked somehow since the start of 2016 and we always end up just like when we started: knowing shit about NX. siiiiiiiiiighhhhh.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Now that I'd believe more than CD Projekt thinking NX is fantastic. We all know from Reggie's comments and Nintendo history that the NX will not be particularly powerful compared to what someone like Sony or MS would do. Everyone needs to temper their expectations. It might be somewhere in the vicinity of XBO, it all depends on what price point they are going for (We all know it'll be $250-$299) and what extra things they have added to differentiate and the cost of those.

They would DESTROY the competition if they got it down to 199$.

Think of it, a 1tflop box that could play slightly stripped down versions of most third party titles and superior first party titles without breaking the bank?

It seems perfect to me on the face of it, but knowing Nintendo they would screw it up by not putting a traditional control scheme on the thing...

cyba89

Haha, saw this live and did not expect this to hit NeoGAF after all. ^^

Never trust Döhla
only if he leaks the new Xbox ;)

Übermatik;207777510 said:
Fucking perfect.

Seriously, what's this guy doing? Does he just give joke interviews or what? You'd have thought an industry professional would be more... Well, professional.
It's about context. The context to this is friends (joke)talk to each other in front of a camera.

He is serious when needed! It wasn't needed here.

Andyliini

This is a sad image of a typical western video game player/developer. The image always comes first, and you have to boost it by any means necessary. That is why we get so much crap from wester media. I don't remember anyone from Japan ever being this full of it.

Paganmoon

So just a suggestion, if there's an update (on any topic really), and the title is changed to reflect that, could we get the update in the OP? Mod edit or otherwise.

Oregano

This is a sad image of a typical western video game player/developer. The image always comes first, and you have to boost it by any means necessary. That is why we get so much crap from wester media. I don't remember anyone from Japan ever being this full of it.

Nah, From Soft publicly laughed at the idea of supporting Wii U.

It's also quite clear that this dude wasn't being malicious. He was just joking around with a friend, it wasn't meant to be any actual comment on NX.

Matbtz

They would DESTROY the competition if they got it down to 199$.

Think of it, a 1tflop box that could play slightly stripped down versions of most third party titles and superior first party titles without breaking the bank?

It seems perfect to me on the face of it, but knowing Nintendo they would screw it up by not putting a traditional control scheme on the thing...

The problem with that is the selling price of X1/PS4 have decreased a lot. You can have a PS4 for 230€ and now and then on some sales for 300€ with 4 games. (And I guess the price will decreased a little with Neo coming).

So what is the asset to have a weaker console for 30€ less without almost any games on it compared to X1/PS4 ?

For me I would prefer an NX better than the PS4 for 300€ (max max 350€) with a traditional controller or a true revolutionary concept. It would be better future proof IMO

Raytow

The problem with that is the selling price of X1/PS4 have decreased a lot. You can have a PS4 for 230€ and now and then on some sales for 300€ with 4 games. (And I guess the price will decreased a little with Neo coming).

So what is the asset to have a weaker console for 30€ less without almost any games on it compared to X1/PS4 ?

For me I would prefer an NX better than the PS4 for 300€ (max max 350€) with a traditional controller or a true revolutionary concept. It would be better future proof IMO

230 euros for a ps4? where?

cyba89

Or it's just a interview meant jokingly blown out of context and out of proportion.

I mean jokes are cool and all, but that was bit of a dickish move.

Still nothing new about the NX.........

It's better if we keep are expectations real low.

It's about context. The context to this is friends (joke)talk to each other in front of a camera.

He is serious when needed! It wasn't needed here.

Yeah I get that, but this doesn't really go down as a 'joke' as much...? I'm not angry or anything, just thought his comments here were really odd. It's like it wasn't one thing or another.

Anyway, this thread was fun nonetheless I suppose. All the more reason Nintendo need to break their silence.

This isn't a developer, but a PR person. He's also friends with the interviewer and the entire conversation is extremely ironic... oh, already covered? Okay.

Matbtz

230 euros for a ps4? where?

Oh my bad, I looked into google and saw several sites (Fnac, priceminister and all) but they linked to reconditioned consoles. But the sale for the PS4 at 299€ with 4 games (battlefront, assassin creeds, fallout 4, guitar hero live) is legit http://catalogue.auchan.fr/courses-et-soldes/flash/beevirtua.html?utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.auchan.fr%2Fmagasins%2Fissy-les-moulineaux%2Fsl-66#app=b8f5&e230-str=611758&3f79-str=54&adf3-lang=fr&2e0b-pageId=22&c19c-selectedIndex=0

Edit :
Well I'm excited for it no matter what anyone says,i mean Zelda is gonna be a launch title....ZELDA at Launch

Yep ! Waiting for the limited Zelda breath of the wild NX bundle !

Top Bottom