• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Speely

Banned
I'm still gonna run with "fantastic" just because that makes the world I live in just a little bit better. Screw everything else. La la la.

caligula13

Gold Member
i am sure he wasn't lying. but he was just speaking as a nintendo fan who will play and enjoy the console. they surely will not release any games on it.

sublimit

Banned
Talking shit about the product of a possible publishing partner isn't a very smart thing to do.

As much as i like CDPR i'm sure Nintendo will be fine without them.

So devs don't have any info on the NX yet? Feels like it's time for Nintendo to let them in on it...

Unless they've completely given up on third party support or something.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Talking shit about the product of a possible publishing partner isn't a very smart thing to do.

But it was just a joke interview, not "talking shit about a product". heck, the PR guy is a Nintendo fan!

super.modulaire

Neo Member
People trying to make sense of an interview between two old friends full of jokes, insiders, ironic/sarcastic comments - in a language they don't understand.

Yeah, that's not going to end well. And yes, Döhla likes Nintendo.

So devs don't have any info on the NX yet? Feels like it's time for Nintendo to let them in on it...

Unless they've completely given up on third party support or something.

Pretty easy to spot the people who have no idea about what he said.^^

He's a PR guy, he doesn't shit on anyone. Everything is exciting and great. That said the host is your typical Nintendo illiterate who doesn't really care or know about the company and their games and acts a bit condescending, just your typical gamer. Fabian starts of with correcting him on Nintendos success and financials. He also mentioned the original Wii and how western developers were slow to realize they had a gamechanger at hand contrary to the NX were everyone is excited already.

The developers also have dev kits.

caligula13

Gold Member
Pretty easy to spot the people who have no idea about what he said.^^

He's a PR guy, he doesn't shit on anyone. Everything is exciting and great. That said the host is your typical Nintendo illiterate who doesn't really care or know about the company and acts a bit condescending, just your typical gamer. Fabian starts of with correcting him on Nintendos success and financials. He also mentioned the original Wii and how western developers were slow to realize they had a gamechanger at hand contrary to the NX were everyone is excited already.

i do not think that he was joking about the Nintendo part. And maybe he even said the truth about NX. but he was speaking as a nintendo fan. not as a pr guy who will announce the support for nx

Clessidor

I don't understand the humor

Well he is German...

But jokes aside I'm kinda surprised how far that interview reached. It is more a casual talk between two friends. Döhler seems to be excited about NX on a more personal level.

Really people are thursty for NX news, now I wonder why the "It will be something, which will bring gamers something back, which we all have missed for years"-rumour from a German journalist of the same twitch channel didn't make the round here on GAF. That was more talkworthy than this.

MomoQca

That's okay, I wasn't planning on getting any of their games anyway. I wish I could like them, but they don't appeal to me. :/ That said, I hope this "interview" doesn't cause damage to their reputation though.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Dev: it will be fantastic!

Interviewer: are you joking?

Dev: no.

*time passes*

Dev: psyche I was joking.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That's okay, I wasn't planning on getting any of their games anyway. I wish I could like them, but they don't appeal to me. :/ That said, I hope this "interview" doesn't cause damage to their reputation though.

Considering the people who mostly care about CDPR games aren't Nintendo only fans, I think they'll be just fine with their PC/Xbox/Playstation base. Even if he was "mocking" the next Xbox or Playstation console, pretty sure nobody would care other than the easily outraged people.

oti

Banned
Dev: it will be fantastic!

Interviewer: are you joking?

Dev: no.

*time passes*

Dev: psyche I was joking.

He's not a dev. He does PR for CDPR and SEGA. Seriously OP, you should add this to the OT. If you don't know Döhla this must sound like a dev laughing off the NX. Which is not the case.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
And now Döhla is a Dev. It keeps getting better.
Am I misunderstanding the bit where he refers to himself as a dev?

I didn't mean it in the sense that he actually sits there and codes anyway, just in the sense that he is associated with developers

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In the comments he says he is still convinced it will be good and that devs are excited. Not seeing the problem here.

Oregano

Wait, why are people acting like he was mocking Nintendo or NX?

He even says that's it true Developers are excited about it, that it just got misconstrued and blown out of proportion.

He never even implied anything bad considering he's a Nintendo fan.

Phamit

Don't Post Interviews or News from languages you don't understand. There may be a reason GermanGaf didn't post this interview or quoted things from this

1. The Host and the PR Guy are friends
2. The Interview wasn't part of a promotion, it's a tradition for them to have some fun

bomblord1

Banned
He clarified again in another tweet that Dev's are still excited

capture60pu5.png

Top Bottom