• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Schnozberry

He's backtracking because he was likely pressured by Nintendo or CDPR to keep quiet and do damage control.

Nobody is supposed to be talking about the NX until Nintendo reveals it.

C'mon man. Nothing he said could be construed as releasing information. After the fact when he saw the hype bros in this thread he confirmed he was hearing people say positive things, but that some had reached ridiculous conclusions based on his innocuous comment. Truth be told, he's right. People were practically confirming Cyberpunk for NX based on nothing but "I'm hearing positive things..." which is preposterous.

He's backtracking because he was likely pressured by Nintendo or CDPR to keep quiet and do damage control.

Yeah that Ubisoft statement where they backtracked was eye opening.

Come on, man.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I already told that guy that he should be more carefull with his words as a professional if he doesn't want to loose credibility and I mean it. Specialy from a PR.
So next time he made a joke, he should clearly say it right after his joke and not wait to say it after his statement been made public.

But it WAS clear that it was a joke. Of course you won't be able to infer that from a translated transcript. But everyone who speaks German and watches the stream/video understands that he was not being serious.

Schattendorfer

Neo Member
Fabian Doehla wasn't joking in him referencing developers being very excited about the NX. He also leaked the original Xbox in 2000 by mistake.

Why don't one of you ask him directly about this? Read the context of the interview as well, that part wasn't a "joke" ;)

I asked him directly after the stream if he really didn´t lie about his dev-contacts are exited about the nx and he replied that devs are always exited about new hardware.

So i think he does know the nx and it seems the console is more respected by the devs than the wiiu before it´s release.

Fabian Doehla wasn't joking in him referencing developers being very excited about the NX. He also leaked the original Xbox in 2000 by mistake.

Why don't one of you ask him directly about this? Read the context of the interview as well, that part wasn't a "joke" ;)
Nice to see you again. Anyway, due to his position and the natural of the interview, it is easy to see why most will ignore or downplay what he says. Too bad he didn't say something more newsworthy while he was drunk, but I suppose he learned his lesson after that incident 15 or so years ago. :)

Edit: I also recall that you said the devs are generally more excited months ago. Due to all that happened, people may be more willing to trust you than this silly guy.

PtM

Banned
I asked him directly after the stream if he really didn´t lie about his dev-contacts are exited about the nx and he replied that devs are always exited about new hardware.

So i think he does know the nx and it seems the console is more respected by the devs than the wiiu before it´s release.
Your conclusion to his trivial answer is rose tinted.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Relax, it doesn't mean anything. He argued that Nintendo just weren't structurally able to build something that high-tech. He's talking out of his ass like any Gaffer.

That's a hopeful way of looking at it, but I don't see a reason to be that hopeful. Mahler said the same thing about it. That's two dev-related sources claiming that it's far behind Xbone, plus Emily saying that calling it close to Xbone is a stretch. Face it, this is Wii all over again confirmed, except that the hardware isn't ancient. I'm guessing a handheld using Tegra K1 or something.

PtM

Banned
That's a hopeful way of looking at it, but I don't see a reason to be that hopeful. Mahler said the same thing about it. That's two dev-related sources claiming that it's far behind Xbone, plus Emily saying that calling it close to Xbone is a stretch. Face it, this is Wii all over again confirmed, except that the hardware isn't ancient. I'm guessing a handheld using Tegra K1 or something.
Not Xbone, Xbone S.

Fandangox

ClFzO_7VEAAvh8X.jpg

This is some sad Affleck shit

Akki

Im sure he was talking about the Scorpio.

He said "new Xbox", no way he´s talking about the new Xbox One S.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Seriously if the NX is on par with PS 4 I am in already

Read back a bit. It's confirmed that it was the Xbox One S that he was referring to, so NX is completely outclassed by even Xbone. It's another Wii situation in terms of power jump.

Im sure he was talking about the Scorpio.

Read what I was replying to a few posts back. They started talking about it compared to Scorpio after that part of the interview. They were talking about XboneS. I don't see any room for debate here.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

While I cannot confirm the bolded, I have in certain communications experienced a sense of increased stability, security and well being and also peaceful development regarding third party relations. Perhaps not for a great amount of companies, but for key customers. No concrete information on this, just a sense.

Oregano

Read back a bit. It's confirmed that it was the Xbox One S that he was referring to, so NX is completely outclassed by even Xbone. It's another Wii situation in terms of power jump.

Or nothing is confirmed because the whole thing was a joke?

You can't take the positives as the joke and the negatives as the fact. You're desperately reaching for anything and everything that could be considered negative.

Schattendorfer

Neo Member
Your conclusion to his trivial answer is rose tinted.

Well if he doesn´t know anything he might have said "It was a joke interview, I only wanted to mock the host Etienne." And I literally grew up with Fabian and the Rocketbeans-Guys over the last 15 yeas so I know he has a lot of industry contacts and inside into the industry and it is fair to say that he knows at least something.

MuchoMalo

Banned
That is not set in stone yet. Ir could very well be true but so far it still pure speculation

I see no reason to doubt it or give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. He seems to know something about the console and doesn't seem to be speculating.

Update: Etienne wondered about the NX in comparison to the new Xbox and then Fabian said "and there's also the Scorpio" and went on to estimate the NX below the new Xbox, so they've got to mean the One S.

I don't see anything ambiguous here. There's only one way to read this. :/ I just hope Nintendo knows what they're doing and that they aren't putting out a modernized Wii U just to be different. I guess it's possible that he really doesn't know anything at all, but... Ugh. I'd love to be proven wrong though, trust me. I've done the math and I'm pretty confident that a $250 without a disc drive could beat PS4 without a loss, so not matching Xbone would be pure laziness outside of a micro-console or a hybrid.

Akki

Read what I was replying to a few posts back. They started talking about it compared to Scorpio after that part of the interview. They were talking about XboneS. I don't see any room for debate here.

It was the same sentence, he just made a mistake and corrected himself. No way its confirmed lol

Chaos17

But it WAS clear that it was a joke. Of course you won't be able to infer that from a translated transcript. But everyone who speaks German and watches the stream/video understands that he was not being serious.

CDR project is well loved and respected, that's why me and others didn't took it as a joke and didn't doubt that person.
You can clearly read/see it from the begining of that thread until the "troll" was revealed.

Edit: so all I did is gave him an advice for the futur.

PtM

Banned
I already told that guy that he should be more carefull with his words as a professional if he doesn't want to loose credibility and I mean it. Specialy from a PR.
So next time he made a joke, he should clearly say it right after his joke and not wait to say it after his statement been made public.
Or maybe people shouldn't jump the gun over foreign chatter?
Maybe shoot the messenger when he doesn't convey a message accurately?

Boke1879

Didn't Ubisoft comment on the NX as well?

I don't think anyone would tell CDPR to backtrack anything when they aren't even releasing info.

You are really letting this stuff go to your head huh

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
CDR project is well loved and respected, that's why me and others didn't took it as a joke and didn't doubt that person.
You can clearly read/see it from the begining of that thread until the "troll" was revealed.

Edit: so all I did is gave him an advice for the futur.
This guy does PR for CDPR in Germany and he does it pretty well. He's the only German video game PR person I know by name. He answered questions about The Witcher, Cyberpunk and Gwent completely professionally in the same interview.

People need to calm down a bit...

schlynch

lmao

I guess he had a good laugh.

Neoxon

Welcome back, Trev.

Doesn't he know that anything he says mentioning the word "NX" will be super analyzed and scrutinized here?

Also seeing as how a lot of this was a joke, I don't think we should take any of his comments comparing it to either Xbox as serious. He may have heard excitement from other devs but there is no way he actually knows the specs if he doesn't have a devkit.

I still think LCGeek's leaks are the most trustworthy, everything else is way too conflicting and speculative.

Haha, nice to see the whole english speaking part of the internet flippin' because they can't get behind German humor :D

German humor? Du weißt das wir keinen Humor besitzen. Wir sind seelenlose Steinvisagen, ohne jeglichen Anflug von Freude oder dergleichen. ;)

Need to watch the video to see if he uses sarcasm or not.

Edit: Lol, it's a Rocket Beans video!!! Of course they aren't very serious in it.

Top Bottom