• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Just a little while ago, Fabian is backing up the information somewhat:

Fabian in regards to the NX being fantastic
https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/744791513909993472

Fabian in regards to developers being excited about the NX:https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/744794280380665856

Hopefully the links work, if not check his Twitter. However, generally people in the industry don't put faith in Nintendo products before they are revealed to the public unless they know details to get them excited. It is usually "wait and see" Take Two's "Very interested in NX" is also very telling and not paid (allegedly) PR at an E3 conference like what Nintendo did at E3 for the Wii U dev hype videos. Also Take Two changed their tone on Wii U to "skeptical" months before release.

Good find, the links work for me.

It's really hard to figure out when people who joke a lot are... er... joking, but it seems like he's trying to reconfirm the things he said. I stand by my prediction that it will be a bit >PS4 in power, have a really nice hook/"gimmick" and will launch with a LOT of Nintendo games. Even after that Gameblog "leak."

Moonstone

Fabian in regards to developers being excited about the NX:https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/744794280380665856

Hopefully the links work, if not check his Twitter. However, generally people in the industry don't put faith in Nintendo products before they are revealed to the public unless they know details to get them excited. It is usually "wait and see" Take Two's "Very interested in NX" is also very telling and not paid (allegedly) PR at an E3 conference like what Nintendo did at E3 for the Wii U dev hype videos. Also Take Two changed their tone on Wii U to "skeptical" months before release.

That's a broad statement that doesn't mean anything. Of course he is excited - he is a big nintendo fan. He states that also in his twitter post.

As a kid he lso wrote a lot letters with question to the german nintendo club magazin - which they send him 20 years later when he was in working the industry.

Pinky

Banned
11.gif

You can tell devs are more on board and interested with the NX.

I wish people would remember the Wii U was piggybacking off of the Wii's success which should've garnered a lot of good will from third party, yet they didn't seem as excited once we got within 9 month period of the Wii U launch.

The NX is coming off of a failed console like the Wii did from the GameCube and you can feel there's a difference with third party attitudes this time compared to prior to the Wii U launch.

Yes, it will get ports, but I think the big difference between NX and Wii U will be Nintendo having much better first party support from the launch of NX. Also, Miyamoto stated earlier how "casuals were a waste of time and how they just leave", which tells me they're not going to focus on that crowd

Matbtz

"And I'm still convinced it will be. I'm a fan after all and looking forward to it a lot."
So he knows nothing but hope it will be fantastic because he is a fan as we are.

Fabian in regards to developers being excited about the NX:
I said 'Devs are excited' - still true but maybe blown a bit out our proportion here.
Yeah but if we look further :
"Don't blame the translator though. Devs are excited about new hardware. New hardware -> cool!"
So new hardware, as in general, is cool and exciting for developers and also for us.

It is usually "wait and see" Take Two's "Very interested in NX" is also very telling and not paid (allegedly) PR at an E3 conference like what Nintendo did at E3 for the Wii U dev hype videos. Also Take Two changed their tone on Wii U to "skeptical" months before release.

Take two's statement : It could be very exciting. You never want to count Nintendo out. They go quiet for a while and then they come to market and do something really exciting. We are very interested and watching closely the development of what Nintendo plans to do next.
I believe that's just all PR talks and nothing else, he only use subjunctive.

jmizzal

Yup Take two released like 1 game on WiiU, NBA 2K13 at launch, for them to say that must mean something

diffusionx

Gold Member
Yup Take two released like 1 game on WiiU, NBA 2K13 at launch, for them to say that must mean something

They released a system that made it difficult to port from Xbox 360 while every developer was preparing for One/PS4. Then it didn't sell. What can anyone reasonably expect from third parties given those facts?

If the NX makes it easy to put games there and it builds an audience then developers will put their stuff there. It's been a loooong time but a lot of third party games made their way to the Cube. The interesting thing here is that they don't even have to make it as powerful as Neo or anything to keep up because Sony is going to be enforcing compatibility with PS4.

Nikodemos

Since we're at "tales from my ass" hour now, lemme throw in my €0.02.

I predict the NX to be based on a hyper-custom SoC designed by PowerVR, running Vulkan through an Androidised Linux fork.

It has to be true, I'm a certified haruspex and read this in some cockroach guts this morning.

Servbot24

Banned
Good find, the links work for me.

It's really hard to figure out when people who joke a lot are... er... joking, but it seems like he's trying to reconfirm the things he said. I stand by my prediction that it will be a bit >PS4 in power, have a really nice hook/"gimmick" and will launch with a LOT of Nintendo games. Even after that Gameblog "leak."
What is a lot? More than 2 big games ain't gonna happen if that's what you're thinking.

AmFreak

This is a joke right?
Basically every Dev will say something like interesting, exciting, etc.. about a console they don't know about.
Hell even if said console is about to come out and they don't release anything for said console they will do this.
"We have currently no plans to release anything for consoleX, but we are very excited by the new possibilities it opens and look forward to ...."
It's called PR.
Why would they say anything else? - To earn a shitstorm from angry consoleX fans?

What is a lot? More than 2 big games ain't gonna happen if that's what you're thinking.

At the height of the Wii U/3DS gen Nintendo was putting out 20-25 games a year. Not necessarily big games, but that's quite a bit. Since then they've merged their handheld and console teams, worked on making the process of sharing assets much easier and developed their new console to use a common development environment. That means that they should be capable of a good deal more than 20-25 games now, maybe as high as 40.

Now, will all of them be shared across platforms? Will the NX have two platforms next year? I don't know any of that. But their output will be increasing after the NX is released, and you'll be seeing some of that at launch. Everything they've said so far has indicated this.

NateDrake

The person who leaked the entire 2016 yearly plans for Nintendo? That Trev?

Nobody ever should have stopped trusting him. As others have said, I think you're mistaking him for 10k.

Trev had his source who revealed budget info (which was dumb), and that person was likely fired as a result of releasing such sensitive information. Since then, Trev hasn't had any inside information to share and has only posted vague rumors and speculation on YT.

Folks still pushing the X86 and Polaris idea are wrong. Several of my sources have told me this.

Banned
Trev had his source who revealed budget info (which was dumb), and that person was likely fired as a result of releasing such sensitive information. Since then, Trev hasn't had any inside information to share and has only posted vague rumors and speculation on YT.

Folks still pushing the X86 and Polaris idea are wrong.
Fight me bro. :p

MuchoMalo

Banned

Folks still pushing the X86 and Polaris idea are wrong. Several of my sources have told me this.

Does "not Polaris" actually mean "not GCN4" and that it's still on 28nm? Or are you referring to it using Nvidia or something else besides AMD?

Hmm. I haven't been looking so much, that is the first time I heard about that.

Anyway, I don't think we really need to get Fabian's "statments" verified. There has to be other sources that are a bit more.. stable.

On a related note, did anyone noticed Rösti's post?

Rösti;207794222 said:
While I cannot confirm the bolded, I have in certain communications experienced a sense of increased stability, security and well being and also peaceful development regarding third party relations. Perhaps not for a great amount of companies, but for key customers. No concrete information on this, just a sense.

I think we know key companies for Nintendo are Japanese third developers for sure, but who are the western third party's? We know Ubisoft, Activision and Warner Brothers will be there. They need EA's sports games.

Well, then..

luffeN

Are there any German natives who watched the video? Fabian first smiled when he said NX is at E3 and it felt as if he was trying to prank Etienne. Some seconds later it seemed as if he was testing Etienne's knowledge about it. Etienne then said something like "he is pulling your legs guys, don't believe him" and still was not satisfied with it and asked about NX again. Then Fabian seemed to answer seriously, no grin on his face. Either ultimate troll or there was some truth behind it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Am I mistaken, or didn't he also release the game releases for the entire year (and even the codenames)?

NateDrake

Am I mistaken, or didn't he also release the game releases for the entire year (and even the codenames)?

Yes. The same person who gave the budget information shared the release lineup for 2016 with codenames and such. That contact was likely fired for releasing that type of information.

Does "not Polaris" actually mean "not GCN4" and that it's still on 28nm? Or are you referring to it using Nvidia or something else besides AMD?
None of my contacts have gotten too specific, but each have said no to AMD.

Didn't Randy Pitchfork say something similar about the Wii U and how powerfull it was and he was so excited for it and hyped it. We all know how the wii u ended.

There was no point in releasing budget info. Gamers aren't salivating for budget info news lol. Nor should you feel like telling everyone that helps vindicate your sources.

NateDrake

There was no point in releasing budget info. Gamers aren't salivating for budget info news lol. Nor should you feel like telling everyone that helps vindicate your sources.

And that was the problem. It seemed like a double-down to show the validity of the source. The source was irresponsible to provide such information, and to then approve the idea of sharing it.

Banned
It's annoying how people are only willing to say what NX isn't though, but then some people *coughemilycough* are quick to criticize people for not already knowing what it is.

It's really pointing heavily toward a Tegra-based hybrid though.
There may be a reason for that. Someone under Nda awhile ago told me a lot of the ones they signed would tell you you can't say what something is but you can say what it's not.

If that makes any sense lol.

This person wasn't under Nda for gaming though it was tech.

Saying devs are excited for new hardware is such an empty statement. Of course they are.

Also people forget what a Non Disclosure Agreement is. If they're talking about it, they're not under NDA, and thus likely don't know shit - chief because Nintendo have said nothing past confirming it exists.

Calm Mind

10k, Trev and Emily are all in the same boat until one of them presents anything concrete as far as I'm concerned. Also, their boat is full of holes.

Hermii

Didn't Randy Pitchfork say something similar about the Wii U and how powerfull it was and he was so excited for it and hyped it. We all know how the wii u ended.
Yea he was trying to hype the Wii U version of colonial marines as the definite version. Fuck Randy.

Oregano

The only people I trust to have concrete details on NX are Nintendo and even they would bullshit. Nothing should be taken as gospel, even from people who have been correct in the past.

MuchoMalo

Banned
None of my contacts have gotten too specific, but each have said no to AMD.

Well, that makes an actual console extremely unlikely imo. It's pretty much certain to be a Tegra-based (K1 or X1) handheld/hybrid, likely without any customization to the chip since Nvidia doesn't have any semi-custom design wins lined up. In other words, calling it close to Xbone would be "a stretch."

I'm guessing that you wouldn't be able to ask about Pascal.

Well, that makes an actual console extremely unlikely imo. It's pretty much certain to be a Tegra-based (K1 or X1) handheld/hybrid, likely without any customization to the chip since Nvidia doesn't have any semi-custom design wins lined up. In other words, calling it close to Xbone would be "a stretch."

I see you're still using your jump-to-conclusions mat.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Vena

???? That's not how this works.

Top Bottom