• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

Well, that makes an actual console extremely unlikely imo. It's pretty much certain to be a Tegra-based (K1 or X1) handheld/hybrid, likely without any customization to the chip since Nvidia doesn't have any semi-custom design wins lined up. In other words, calling it close to Xbone would be "a stretch."

I'm guessing that you wouldn't be able to ask about Pascal.

"Semi-custom" is a term used exclusive to AMD's business model. NVidia license their graphics IP, and I imagine that will continue to be the case here.

Well, that makes an actual console extremely unlikely imo. It's pretty much certain to be a Tegra-based (K1 or X1) handheld/hybrid, likely without any customization to the chip since Nvidia doesn't have any semi-custom design wins lined up. In other words, calling it close to Xbone would be "a stretch."

I'm guessing that you wouldn't be able to ask about Pascal.
You can't spell Malo without lmao

MuchoMalo

Banned
I see you're still using your jump-to-conclusions mat.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

If Nintendo wants to keep size down they'd want one single chip. To match Xbone, they'd need a custom chip. If Nvidia were developing a semi-custom chip we'd know by now. Even if there are two form-factors, it's cheaper to make one chip that works in both. That limits the possible size of the chip. Charlie also mentioned only hearing about a handheld. I think if there is a console, it'll be in the same vein as PSTV; a micro-console sold extremely cheaply It makes sense, especially if we assume that it's significantly weaker than Xbone, as several sources have indicated at this point. It's what's most likely by far unless Nvidia is hiding the existence of a design win. Since NX should enter production this year, that's not likely. There's a chance that they might go with the Tegra "Parker", but that would only be around 40% faster than the X1 at best if they don't increase the size of the chip and thus still well behind Xbone.

If it's anyone other than Nvidia, it's even worse.

"Semi-custom" is a term used exclusive to AMD's business model. NVidia license their graphics IP, and I imagine that will continue to be the case here.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't true, but even if it is true Nvidia doesn't have any unrevealed design wins.

You can't spell Malo without lmao

I like this one.

MuchoMalo doesn't just jump to conclusions.

1393370765648670.png

I like this one even more.

PtM

Banned
Transcript: 6:36-9:39
Left: And NX?

Right: Together with Zelda. Did you see it? NX?

Left: NX? You can see it here?

Right: Yes. Did you see- no, you didn't.

Left: Ugh, you're talking out of your ass. There's no NX here.

Right: They've actually said, together with Zelda, launch title, in March.

Left: But you don't hear or see anything about it.

Right: The console releases in March.

Left: What do you think, what is it?

<silence>

Left: What?

Right: Which of you was at Nintendo's?

Left: Me. At Ingo.

Right: Obviously it wasn't you, since you can't tell me anything about NX.

Left: Stop yapping, there wasn't any NX there. [to camera] Do not believe his lies, he's fucking with you.

Right: Oh well.

Left: What do you know about NX?

Right: It's going to be fantastic. As a dev, you have access to hardware, and everybody's excited. You do know things, after all.

Left: Are you lying right now? I can't tell at times if you're telling the truth or not.

Right: No, no, no. It's been the same with the Wii prototypes, then Revolution. In Japan, everybody at Sega was pumped, the Europeans were not so fast, "ugh, that's basically a Gamecube". But what you're hearing about NX, that's quite positive.

Left: But hardware-wise it's again going to be worse than the new Xbox.

Right: Yes, and then there's also going to be Xbox Scorpio or whatever. But I believe that won't ever be the focus again. Because, can it be better than the new Xbox? Realistically, can Nintendo build a console that's more powerful than an Xbox, to a regular price, do they have the production resources? … And what good is it? Who's going to develop the games for it?

Left: But didn't it work back in the day with the SNES?

Right: That had 3.58 MHz and a 320×240 resolution.

Left: The support by developers.

Right: It was easier. And you made profits. Just go and ask developers how much money they've made off their third-party games on WiiU.

Left: It's a vicious circle.

Right: Yes, sure, the Sega circle. Let's wait how the hardware sells before we make some games. Oh, the hardware doesn't sell, there's no games. Let's wait some more.

Left: That's the Vita fate.

Right: Was Dreamcast's fate as well. All those third parties went "ooh, Saturn, MegaCD, 32X, we've burnt our fingers good", in part with those expensive cartridges that you have to buy and then sit on, that's extra bitter.

Left: I had a 32X.

Right: For real? Wealthy parents, huh? Oh yeah, we had that one recently… Well, and then they said with the DC, as sweet as it is, let's wait and see if enough consoles get sold for it to be worth it. And the consumers waited for the games. Then you wait and wait and wait… dead. Anyway, I'm excited for NX.

Left: What is it going to be? A handheld or…

Right: It's going to be spectacular.

Left: Ugh, you don't know anything.

Right: Come on. I'm not going to repeat the mistake of leaking a console.

And for this shit you've wasted 18 pages and the Ninternet set itself on fire.

MuchoMalo

Banned
I'll admit that I left out 1 possibility: That it works like the PX2 and the console simply has a dedicated GPU in addition to the SoC. However, I doubt it and even if it's true it wouldn't help much sine Parker only has 6 cores, which means that ports would be difficult.

Transcript: 6:36-9:39

And for this shit you've wasted 18 pages and the Ninternet set itself on fire.

top lel

Mithos

Right: It was easier. And you made profits. Just go and ask developers how much money they've made of their third-party games on WiiU.

Can't make money on something that do not exist, oh and to anyone saying "they (third parties) tried" no they didn't.

Peterc

is this have been already posted?
Rumour: Nintendo NX As Powerful As PS4 Neo And Announcement Due September

Another day and another Nintendo NX rumour! However this time around the rumour comes from French publication Gameblog.fr who are apparently one of the biggest French gaming sites out there. The publication reports that the upcoming Nintendo NX platform will be on par with the PlayStation NEO with regards to specifications and will be unveiled to the general public in September, around the time of the Tokyo Game Show. The site also reports that there will be several remasters such as Skyward Sword, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. There’s also reportedly some third-party titles in the works by Square Enix and Capcom. It is interesting that the publication says that it will be on par with the PlayStation NEO when Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime recently said that the NX isn’t about specs but is instead about content, suggesting it won’t be a powerhouse.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/...ul-as-ps4-neo-and-announcement-due-september/

Hilarion

There's no way this thing is even sniffing the Neo or Scorpio, seriously. Nintendo isn't going to make a $4-500 console.

I'd believe anything from PS4 tier (~1.5-2 teraflops) to barely over Wii U tier (0.5-1 teraflops), the two indicating vastly different strategies, but Neo? No way.

If Nintendo wants to keep size down they'd want one single chip. To match Xbone, they'd need a custom chip. If Nvidia were developing a semi-custom chip we'd know by now. Even if there are two form-factors, it's cheaper to make one chip that works in both. That limits the possible size of the chip. Charlie also mentioned only hearing about a handheld. I think if there is a console, it'll be in the same vein as PSTV; a micro-console sold extremely cheaply It makes sense, especially if we assume that it's significantly weaker than Xbone, as several sources have indicated at this point. It's what's most likely by far unless Nvidia is hiding the existence of a design win. Since NX should enter production this year, that's not likely. There's a chance that they might go with the Tegra "Parker", but that would only be around 40% faster than the X1 at best if they don't increase the size of the chip and thus still well behind Xbone.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

This thread was a big mess.

I don't assume anyone's going to have anything substantial to say about NX until later in the year, if at all. Hopefully the reveal isn't too far away, so that we can all settle how "spectacular" it is for ourselves
with someone for sure saying it's awful

Banned
This thread was a big mess.

I don't assume anyone's going to have anything substantial to say about NX until later in the year, if at all. Hopefully the reveal isn't too far away, so that we can all settle how "spectacular" it is for ourselves
with someone for sure saying it's awful
I'm hoping for some news on June 29th at the annual shareholders meeting.

Aldric

Left: Ugh, you don't know shit.

Right: Come on. I'm not going to repeat the mistake of leaking a console.

How did this even become a thing? They flat out admit they're messing around.

On twitter he said they don't even have devkits haha.
But he never implied that they have devkits, even during the joke-interview ... iirc.

What kills me is that drink is way too small for that bag of popcorn. A drink should basically be big enough to sit in the seat next to him.
Thank you, feels good not being the only one that's bothered with this. Saw the GIF and first thought basically was "Dude needs a bigger drink ffs!".

What are some big Nintendo insiders I should know about, I don't have much knowledge with this leak stuff.

Also, where is the original post from Kawabata that Nintendo NX is getting a lot of third party support?

thefro

What are some big Nintendo insiders I should know about, I don't have much knowledge with this leak stuff.

Also, where is the original post from Kawabata that Nintendo NX is getting a lot of third party support?

they will show the many thid party support for nx. you will see soon

Poster has a good amount of accurate leaks if you check the post history:
- Neo codename for PS4 half a month before GiantBomb reported it. Also some stuff about the info all being on devnet originally that checked out.
- Xbox One S full picture
- Some NPD numbers

KingBroly

Banned
- Neo codename for PS4 half a month before GiantBomb reported it. Also some stuff about the info all being on devnet originally that checked out.
- Some NPD numbers

and suddenly this got a lot more interesting

Gutss

- Some NPD numbers

And the Silent of the doubters are so eariee......

FZZ

Banned
- Some NPD numbers

Support is all I want brehs

I want to believe

Top Bottom