• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

NateDrake

Shade is right, and to be fair to him his information was entirely second hand and not something he knew himself as actually true.

Also true. Sadly folks on Twitter are saying this new guy said "NX has tons of third party support" when he didn't actually say that.

Pray tell?
I'm not hinting at anything with that comment. Solely stating that this one individual doesn't outright dismiss any other claims made by folks on GAF.

Noi_

Banned
Poster has a good amount of accurate leaks if you check the post history:
- Neo codename for PS4 half a month before GiantBomb reported it. Also some stuff about the info all being on devnet originally that checked out.
- Xbox One S full picture
- Some NPD numbers

ohhh boy

thefro

Also true. Sadly folks on Twitter are saying this new guy said "NX has tons of third party support" when he didn't actually say that.

eYTjPv4.png

You're right that it's probably best to directly quote the OP, but I think reading "many" as "a lot" is fair.

Vena

Not really. lherre said people would be shocked in a bad way. He didn't say about what. Probably referring to the wishes of many expecting amazing specs.

He elaborated further in the thread, or so I read it. Also the original statement was totally meaningless, there is no "everyone is pleased" scenario.

NateDrake

Not really. lherre said people would be shocked in a bad way. He didn't say about what. Probably referring to the wishes of many expecting amazing specs.

Likely referring to this:
No specifics but diferent sources told me a different scenario about it (I mean over the things accepted here as possible).

I think the main concern about it or my impression is that "almost nobody" is working with it outside japan. I imagine there will be a good support there. Well, that's not shocking.

And I heard a lot of crazy rumors, you won't believe some of them.

But when asked if NX will have no western support, it was followed up with:
No, I didn't say that.

We will see.

All this time the lherre post was referring to western support? Lol the guys in the other topic made it seem like it had to do with specs.

diaspora

KawabataSan doesn't really contradict Iherre no? The latter says they don't know of any real 3rd party support while the former does. It's just a difference in who knows what?

This person may end up to the real thing. I didn't see that coming.

All this time the lherre post was referring to western support? Lol the guys in the other topic made it seem like it had to do with specs.

lherre did clarify what he meant later. He is getting different information from different sources, and he also said that "we will see," so he is not completely committed to say that is true.

KawabataSan doesn't really contradict Iherre no? The latter says they don't know of any real 3rd party support while the former does. It's just a difference in who knows what?

Maybe so.

Wait, what is happening in this thread? Correct me if I am wrong, there is an alleged insider who claimed NX will have many third party support, while another specifically said he/she didn't hear much about NX's western third party support. Is this correct?

Loris146

Of course we are going to see third party games on NX ( at least at D1 ). Ubisoft already confirmed Just Dance , WB will support NX maybe with Lego and Asylum / City remaster. Ea will port some sport games etc... TP will probably use results of these games on the market as a benchmark to see if NX will be a real option for them.

McHuj

I still can't really comprehend that E3 has come and gone, the year is almost half over, and not a real peep official or rumor wise about the NX.

It is funny how "sources" know the specs, but a damn one of them knows the controller or the innovation of the NX. You can't trust any one of them if all they know is specs specs specs. Then tell me the controller? Innovation?

I still can't really comprehend that E3 has come and gone, the year is almost half over, and not a real peep official or rumor wise about the NX.

They always said we will learn more about it at the end of the year. But what is indeed suprising is that we didn't hear any rumor from E3. Like they showed something behind closed doors or stuff like that.

Of course we are going to see third party games on NX ( at least at D1 ). Ubisoft already confirmed Just Dance , WB will support NX maybe with Lego and Asylum / City remaster. Ea will port some sport games etc... TP will probably use results of these games on the market as a benchmark to see if NX will be a real option for them.

I'm getting flashbacks to Reggie's "it's not the same game" with that Arkham mention.

bachikarn

It is funny how "sources" know the specs, but a damn one of them knows the controller or the innovation of the NX. You can't trust any one of them if all they know is specs specs specs. Then tell me the controller? Innovation?

Maybe the controller is a standard controller and the innovation is the shared library.

thefro

Remember, the system is scheduled to launch in March

Madden 17 comes out in August (seven months before NX launch)
Fifa 17 comes out in September (six months before NX launch)

There's no way you can expect those games to sell a bunch on NX in March for $60 when it'll be $15-30 on PS4/XB1 at that time. Madden 16 was already "Free" on EA Access by late February.

You either have to do "Buy Madden 17, get free download of Madden 18 when it comes out!" or you just announce well in advance that Madden/Fifa 18 are coming to NX.

Third parties need to commit to supporting NX for at least a year or two and not just bring over late ports for $60 that are frankly, doomed because of the retail price difference.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

To the credit of these "sources", I believe Nintendo has a history of shipping out devkits and/or providing spec guidelines to third-party developers without fully revealing what the actual gimmick of the console is.

KingBroly

Banned
To the credit of these "sources", I believe Nintendo has a history of shipping out devkits and/or providing spec guidelines to third-party developers without fully revealing what the actual gimmick of the console is.

I feel like we would've gotten something vague already at least like we have previously.

Loris146

Remember, the system is scheduled to launch in March

Madden 17 comes out in August (seven months before NX launch)
Fifa 17 comes out in September (six months before NX launch)

There's no way you can expect those games to sell a bunch on NX in March for $60 when it'll be $15-30 on PS4/XB1 at that time. Madden 16 was already "Free" on EA Access by late February.

You either have to do "Buy Madden 17, get free download of Madden 18 when it comes out!" or you just announce well in advance that Madden/Fifa 18 are coming to NX.

Third parties need to commit to supporting NX for at least a year or two and not just bring over late ports for $60 that are frankly, doomed because of the retail price difference.

You are acting like TP are "intelligent" (no offense to anyone of course). Do you remember Yakuza on WII U? Sega did a "collection" with Y1 and Y2. The game bombed and they said " fuck it " , Ubisoft ported AC III , AC IV and WD ( this one after months) + Zombi U . All of them bombed and Ubi said: " only family games sell on WII U". So yeah... Don't set your expectations too high with TP studios , this is my point of view of course. We'll see in a "few" months.

Yeah depending on what exactly their hook is they may not need to disclose that information to development partners until the console is revealed.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Not entirely. It brings some shade on previous reports, but doesn't outright conflict with it.

Except that he outright said that he believed that very few western third-parties even have the hardware.

I'm starting to wonder if devs that didn't get the NX like Iherre and Thomas Mahler are actually intentionally few misinformation about it being a hybrid or something. I guess we'll see soon enough. Nintendo hardware info has always been a bit iffy.

And yes, I know safe money is staying with you, Emily, Alberto and Iherre with it being sub-Xbone. I just find it odd if it's not a hybrid that none of you have heard about more than one device. It's entirely possible that Nintendo is giving some false info to people in order to flush out leaks.

Yeah depending on what exactly their hook is they may not need to disclose that information to development partners until the console is revealed.

The problem is that in the past the gimmick was revealed over a year before release. Unless the naysayers were right and November 2017 has been the actual plan since day 1, I don't think that's why the gimmick is being hidden so well.

How would Nintendo hide to developers that the games they make work on console and handheld?? That's something Nintendo would obviously tell them.If this were true it would leak if all these damn "sources" seem to know specs so much.

The problem is that in the past the gimmick was revealed over a year before release. Unless the naysayers were right and November 2017 has been the actual plan since day 1, I don't think that's why the gimmick is being hidden so well.

It might end up being something like that TV based hologram tech, which wouldn't really require developers to change their games that much, especially since it's somewhat similar to how head tracking in VR works.

Or it might just be a completely different type of controller, with all the standard inputs but maybe some extra functionality too. The point is we really don't know how heavily it will affect games, especially third party games.

Except that he outright said that he believed that very few western third-parties even have the hardware.

I'm starting to wonder if devs that didn't get the NX like Iherre and Thomas Mahler are actually intentionally few misinformation about it being a hybrid or something. I guess we'll see soon enough. Nintendo hardware info has always been a bit iffy.

And yes, I know safe money is staying with you, Emily, Alberto and Iherre with it being sub-Xbone. I just find it odd if it's not a hybrid that none of you have heard about more than one device. It's entirely possible that Nintendo is giving some false info to people in order to flush out leaks.

This was lherre's other quotes:

No specifics but diferent sources told me a different scenario about it (I mean over the things accepted here as possible).

I think the main concern about it or my impression is that "almost nobody" is working with it outside japan. I imagine there will be a good support there. Well, that's not shocking.

And I heard a lot of crazy rumors, you won't believe some of them.

I want to have more confirmations of course but it's strange that people gives the same or almost the same info in this kind of things when they aren't related at all.

But we will have to wait.

PS: PS4 Neo was available (the info and specs) on devnet before giantsbomb article if i'm not mistaken. This is why we have detailed info about it since is almost a copy/paste.

So, lherre is hearing a bunch of stuff, and he only has an impression that no one is working on it outside Japan. Whatever is going on, lherre seems to be out of the loop.

Also, lets clarify what the others said:

Emily w/NateDrake backing up her sources: Closer to XBO than PS4, but even that is a stretch. Nothing else to clarify what that means. Architecture is NOT AMD. Hints to be Nvidia.

NintendoWorldReport:: Close to XBO.

Alberto: Don't have any inside info about power AFAIK. It should be noted that his "sources" let him down big time recently with that fake controller.

Thomas/lherre: Appears to be out of the loop atm. Heard crazy stuff, but doesn't seem to be solid atm.

LCGeek: CPU: NX>>>> XBO >> PS4

OsirisBlack: Porting current gen games will not be a technical issue.

John Harker: (At least some) third party developers had dev kits for awhile now.

bachikarn

Who is NateDrake and why should we trust their sources?

I'm also not too confident in Emily's recent sources considering her Zelda info was basically bunk.

FZZ

Banned
This was lherre's other quotes:

So, lherre is hearing a bunch of stuff, and he only has an impression that no one is working on it outside Japan. Whatever is going on, lherre seems to be out of the loop.

Also, lets clarify what the others said:

Emily w/NateDrake backing up her sources: Closer to XBO than PS4, but even that is a stretch. Nothing else to clarify what that means. Architecture is NOT AMD. Hints to be Nvidia.

NintendoWorldReport:: Close to XBO.

Alberto: Don't have any inside info about power AFAIK. It should be noted that his "sources" let him down big time recently with that fake controller.

Thomas/lherre: Appears to be out of the loop atm. Heard crazy stuff, but doesn't seem to be solid atm.

The only logical conclusion is that the NX itself is leaking the info to all of these people

The first autonomous gaming console

Curious what prompted lherre to post in the Media Create thread. Several posts before that people had been discussing the concerning lack of an announced 3DS successor. Related?

Oregano

It's worth noting that John Barker said they've been discussing NX with third parties long before E3 last year.

I imagine it's just a case of what lherre said and what Nirolak speculated. It's much harder to get away with leaking stuff when there's only 10 people working in the company working on the system.

Top Bottom