• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt Red - "NX Will Be Fantastic" [Up: Umm... err... well... haha?]

ozfunghi

So, lherre is hearing a bunch of stuff, and he only has an impression that no one is working on it outside Japan. Whatever is going on, lherre seems to be out of the loop.

Also, lets clarify what the others said:

Emily w/NateDrake backing up her sources: Closer to XBO than PS4, but even that is a stretch. Nothing else to clarify what that means. Architecture is NOT AMD. Hints to be Nvidia.

NintendoWorldReport:: Close to XBO.

Alberto: Don't have any inside info about power AFAIK. It should be noted that his "sources" let him down big time recently with that fake controller.

Thomas/lherre: Appears to be out of the loop atm. Heard crazy stuff, but doesn't seem to be solid atm.

Don't forget LCGeek's comment and OsirisBlack's comments. Also wondering about KawabataSan. Would be interesting to see if he gets verified, because his statements dont't match those of Lherre.

Also, Alberto has been too wrong too many times for me not to ignore.

Who is NateDrake and why should we trust their sources?

I'm also not too confident in Emily's recent sources considering her Zelda info was basically bunk.
Amy was 2 out of 3. The male/female Link thing wasn't true. The sources probably saw the hooded Link along with Link with the other costume, and assumed that their was a male/female difference.

Don't forget LCGeek's comment and OsirisBlack's comments. Also wondering about KawabataSan. Would be interesting to see if he gets verified, because his statements dont't match those of Lherre.

Good points. I will edit my eariler post.

maxcriden

Also, Alberto has been too wrong too many times for me not to ignore.

lherre says their impression is that western 3Ps aren't making NX games, but the thing they seemed to know more about was that what the NX itself is, is surprising? Maybe? It's hard to discern. So I'm not sure that's totally contradictory with KawabataSan's statements, at least in terms of what lherre is saying beyond (?) his impression. It's kinda hard for me to tell if lherre is saying 3P are making NX games are not. He says it's his impression they're not, but then says he's not saying NX will have no western support.

So the only more certain thing he's saying is that...the NX will surprise people, in a not good way, potentially unrelated to 3P (?) though that he thinks is the main issue people will have. I simply can't tell if the 3P thing is the same way in which a lot of people will be shocked or not. Because he then goes on to say GAF wouldn't be shocked about a scenario of few Western games. So that makes me think the actual system premise or something about that is the main shocking thing, and the separate ongoing concern with the system would be more about his impression of the lack of western 3P support.

Is that the general consensus people are coming to about his statements?

Mpl90 having read some of lherre's other posts has discerned something more specifically surprising:

I suppose your sources have talked about an handheld, with Wii U-like visual, with a TV output / an hybrid, going by your most recent posts

Amy was 2 out of 3. The male/female Link thing wasn't true. The sources probably saw the hooded Link along with Link with the other costume, and assumed that their was a male/female difference.

Which things did she get right? Voice acting, and?

KawabataSan doesn't really contradict Iherre no? The latter says they don't know of any real 3rd party support while the former does. It's just a difference in who knows what?

I agree, needs more context.
When people say 'Nintendo needs teh thurd partees' they aren't usually talking about games like Minecraft, Shovel Knight, Just Dance & Lego Starwars. There is no contradiction unless we know specifically what at least one of the two is talking about.
Edit: And now I recheck it was about seeing the nx rather than working on it anyway...

bachikarn

Sorry - I don't give her any credit. Saying that BotW was going to be on NX was a no brainer. She also said there was voice acting for most of the characters. It is likely it is only going to be Zelda and maybe one or two others. The male/female thing sounds like an excuse to me.

And if her sources are going to make quick assumptions like that, how do you know they didn't do the same for the NX? Maybe it has less terraflops than the xbone, but they are going with nvidia so the comparison isn't 1 to 1 and the NX is actually more powerful?

MuchoMalo

Banned
How would Nintendo hide to developers that the games they make work on console and handheld?? That's something Nintendo would obviously tell them.If this were true it would leak if all these damn "sources" seem to know specs so much.

The fact that most people are saying they've only heard about one or the other means that either this is exactly what Nintendo is doing, or it's a hybrid. The thing is that WSJ wouldn't report something they aren't extremely sure on. There's something fishy going on here, that's for certain. My best guess is that certain devs working on games which don't need the console's power like small indies are only being told about the handheld, and that's where Mahler and Iherre got their info. Emily and NateDrake likely ended up hearing about both, though only talked about the console in terms of power.

I'd say more like 1.25. She said that everyone except Link would have voice acting, and that doesn't seem to be true. Also, I give her exactly zero credit for the NX version leak since she was like the hundredth person to say that. Anyone could have guessed that one. It's like if she said "Nintendo is making a Mario game for NX." Well, no shit. You don't get credit for that. Same goes for Paper Mario U.

As well as his older posts.

Looks like his verification failed or he refused to do so, so now he's gone.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mmmh...it seems Kawabata modified just the posts in this thread, aside from "I say no more than this". The others were not modified. I wonder what happened, then.

EDIT: Actually, he/she modified that post in "I say no more this"; earlier, it said "they will show the many thid party support for nx. you will see soon". A clarification on my part, I misread it earlier.

Ogodei

Emily's credibility has slid a bit since days keep ticking by without anyone saying a thing about western Mother 3, along with the whiff on Linkle.

Pinky

Banned
Dammit, Nintendo. Could you, AT LEAST, announce the date for the reveal? Give us SOMETHING to look forward to? It's almost July, FFS. This slow burn is frustrating as hell.

The fact that most people are saying they've only heard about one or the other means that either this is exactly what Nintendo is doing, or it's a hybrid. The thing is that WSJ wouldn't report something they aren't extremely sure on. There's something fishy going on here, that's for certain. My best guess is that certain devs working on games which don't need the console's power like small indies are only being told about the handheld, and that's where Mahler and Iherre got their info. Emily and NateDrake likely ended up hearing about both, though only talked about the console in terms of power.

I'd say more like 1.25. She said that everyone except Link would have voice acting, and that doesn't seem to be true. Also, I give her exactly zero credit for the NX version leak since she was like the hundredth person to say that. Anyone could have guessed that one. It's like if she said "Nintendo is making a Mario game for NX." Well, no shit. You don't get credit for that. Same goes for Paper Mario U.

Looks like his verification failed or he refused to do so, so now he's gone
Nah, he would have been banned for pretending to be an insider.

But that nx will disappoint many? Or that was lherre?

As others have said, that was Iherre. KawabataSan simply replied "wrong" to the following post:

I'm willing to believe almost no western third party, outside of maybe Ubisoft and EA, have even seen the NX.

And he has not yet been banned, though he did remove that post. Below lwilliams3 has complied a good list of "leaks" that we have so far, for those who are curious:

So, lherre is hearing a bunch of stuff, and he only has an impression that no one is working on it outside Japan. Whatever is going on, lherre seems to be out of the loop.

Also, lets clarify what the others said:

Emily w/NateDrake backing up her sources: Closer to XBO than PS4, but even that is a stretch. Nothing else to clarify what that means. Architecture is NOT AMD. Hints to be Nvidia.

NintendoWorldReport:: Close to XBO.

Alberto: Don't have any inside info about power AFAIK. It should be noted that his "sources" let him down big time recently with that fake controller.

Thomas/lherre: Appears to be out of the loop atm. Heard crazy stuff, but doesn't seem to be solid atm.

LCGeek: CPU: NX>>>> XBO >> PS4

OsirisBlack: Porting current gen games will not be a technical issue.

John Harker: (At least some) third party developers had dev kits for awhile now.

This is the link to Emily's post.

z2dHy2l.png

via Emily Rogers
Emily never claimed that the game will have voices for everyone except Link.

The guy is not banned (yet) so we will see.

atbigelow

Yeah, everyone did guess that BotW was gonna be available for NX. Her rumor "confirmed" it.

You do get credit for being the first one to say there's a soon-to-be-revealed Paper Mario in development for Wii U. Again, you could have guessed it, just like you can guess the lineup of all the big companies.

I can't understand why people get so fucking riled up about Emily. Not every rumor has to be earth-shattering.

She said most characters. From the demo that's not the case.

It could be the case in the full game. It could just not be in yet. But as of now it doesn't appear to be correct.

MuchoMalo

Banned

As said above, the demo is indicating that "most" characters being voiced is completely wrong. Maybe things will change in the final version, but I doubt it

Yeah, everyone did guess that BotW was gonna be available for NX. Her rumor "confirmed" it.

You do get credit for being the first one to say there's a soon-to-be-revealed Paper Mario in development for Wii U. Again, you could have guessed it, just like you can guess the lineup of all the big companies.

I can't understand why people get so fucking riled up about Emily. Not every rumor has to be earth-shattering.

She wasn't the first to report either of those rumors. That's my point. All she did was corroborate previous rumors. If she's only getting rumors right when she's not the only one to report them that says something. Also, I'm not "riled up;" All rumors and leakers should be taken with a grain of salt because all have a chance of being wrong. Also, I'm just setting facts straight. It's not about being against her or trying to discredit her.

bachikarn

People aren't getting riled up. They are just questioning her NX info due to her recent misses. Not sure why you have to get so worked up over that.

Edit: I also want to comment about her NX info. I find it to be dubious in general. The quote of it being "Closer to XBO than PS4, but even that is a stretch" is very confusing and she said it was a direct quote from her source iirc. If that is the case, it indicates to me the that source isn't a tech person or they are getting 2nd hand info at best. The XBO and PS4 are pretty close in power. Yeah the XBO is weaker, but if the NX has a recent GPU with a recent feature set and potential a nvidia architecture, trying to place the NX closer to the XBO than the PS4 just seems like a dumb thing to do. It will probably in the ball park and can do some things better than both or either, and some things worse than both or either.

atbigelow

As said above, the demo is indicating that "most" characters being voiced is completely wrong. Maybe things will change in the final version, but I doubt it

She wasn't the first to report either of those rumors. That's my point.

Your point doesn't really matter, though. People have different sources and timelines. Are you claiming she is merely trying to ride the coattails of other rumors?

People aren't getting riled up. They are just questioning her NX info due to her recent misses. Not sure why you have to get so worked up over that.

I should say in general. I didn't mean in this thread specifically; my apologies.

Gutss

OsirisBlack: Porting current gen games will not be a technical issue

This is the most important for all the rumors to be true, this will change the game for nintendo, 3rd parties will forever again be on a nintendo console. if porting a game on a console will not even cost you that much, they will put it weather they like it or not, who doesn't want some extra cash on a system and if they get a hit then its just a bonus.

FZZ

Banned
Emilly Rogers is a shit source for leaks guys

She's been wrong in the past, but people keep on giving her the benefit of the doubt.

She was wrong on 2/3 of those rumors posted.

Calm Mind

Remember, the system is scheduled to launch in March

Madden 17 comes out in August (seven months before NX launch)
Fifa 17 comes out in September (six months before NX launch)

There's no way you can expect those games to sell a bunch on NX in March for $60 when it'll be $15-30 on PS4/XB1 at that time. Madden 16 was already "Free" on EA Access by late February.

You either have to do "Buy Madden 17, get free download of Madden 18 when it comes out!" or you just announce well in advance that Madden/Fifa 18 are coming to NX.

Third parties need to commit to supporting NX for at least a year or two and not just bring over late ports for $60 that are frankly, doomed because of the retail price difference.

Unlike Sony, Nintendo has no problem with EA Access. I don't see why the NX too cannot also have access to it as well. Unless it is exclusive to Microsoft platforms.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Your point doesn't really matter, though. People have different sources and timelines. Are you claiming she is merely trying to ride the coattails of other rumors?

No, I'm just saying that she shouldn't get full credit for the leaks unless she's the first to report them. Those are what should be the main factor into credibility of any "leaker." It's not targeting her. I wish you would stop making it seem like I either have to agree that she's totally accurate and reliable or that I'm targeting her. Can't I just, you know, have a fair opinion based on what I'm seeing?

When did they say this? I think I missed it.

I forgot. He was trying to make it clear that he was just speculating though, so it likely means nothing in the first place. I think it was the thread where people were talking about what they would like NX to be or something.

Snakeyes

This is the most important for all the rumors to be true, this will change the game for nintendo, 3rd parties will forever again be on a nintendo console. if porting a game on a console will not even cost you that much, they will put it weather they like it or not, who doesn't want some extra cash on a system and if they get a hit then its just a bonus.

It's not that simple. There may be no technical issues with porting a game to the NX, but there also needs to be an audience for the type of games third-parties are making.

It's not that simple. There may be no technical issues with porting a game to the NX, but there also needs to be an audience for the type of games third-parties are making.

Yeah, both have to be in consideration:

Revenue of doing business > Cost of doing business

Astral Dog

She said most characters. From the demo that's not the case.

It could be the case in the full game. It could just not be in yet. But as of now it doesn't appear to be correct.

why not talk about #2
multiple sources told her there was going to be a Link girl? that sounds like forum rambling at most she needs better sources

AdanVC

I don't trust Emily rumors anymore since she failed those about choosing gender on the new Zelda and Mother 3 announcement/release on the west during E3... unless Nintendo decided to change their plans on the very last minute wich I don't think.

That's really now how business works.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On the topic of (recent) leaks, I'd like to share my thoughts.

Following E3 2016, I believe it would be wise to consider the short period leading up to Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on June 29, in regards to leaks, an epoch of incredulity. My impression is that certain, not all, individuals on Twitter etc. could very well by victims of systematic and intentional deception; and that multiple perpetrators, both agents and civilians, could be involved. The task for the agents is seemingly to impose control over leaks, for the individual citizen it appears to mainly be a means of stimulating some sort of bizarre pleasure of fooling an individual that may have a scruffy track record when it comes to legitimacy of leaked information. Therefore, I deem it healthy to be quite skeptical of most leaks for the time being.

One also has to consider, in regards to the meager amount of NX information shared, the current circumstances of how Nintendo is conducting its business. By the end of the month the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders will determine the realization of the proposed change to a Company with Audit and Supervisory Committee and Introduction of Executive Officer System. This is a big deal for Nintendo, and could likely be a major reason for the experienced delay of information concerning NX. Not until the new system has been approved, which may or may not happen on June 29, I believe we can begin to expect the warranted disclosure of substantial information on the new system. Hopefully will some new NX information be given during the meeting however.

Lastly, I still would like to recommend those in possession of sensitive information to thread carefully, regardless of having signed an agreement or not.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Rösti;208321611 said:

Following E3 2016, I believe it would be wise to consider the short period leading up to Nintendo's 76th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on June 29, in regards to leaks, an epoch of incredulity. My impression is that certain, not all, individuals on Twitter etc. could very well by victims of systematic and intentional deception; and that multiple perpetrators, both agents and civilians, could be involved. The task for the agents is seemingly to impose control over leaks, for the individual citizen it appears to mainly be a means of stimulating some sort of bizarre pleasure of fooling an individual that may have a scruffy track record when it comes to legitimacy of leaked information. Therefore, I deem it healthy to be quite skeptical of most leaks for the time being.

One also has to consider, in regards to the meager amount of NX information shared, the current circumstances of how Nintendo is conducting its business. By the end of the month the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders will determine the realization of the proposed change to a Company with Audit and Supervisory Committee and Introduction of Executive Officer System. This is a big deal for Nintendo, and could likely be a major reason for the experienced delay of information concerning NX. Not until the new system has been approved, which may or may not happen on June 29, I believe we can begin to expect the warranted disclosure of substantial information on the new system. Hopefully will some new NX information be given during the meeting however.

Lastly, I still would like to recommend those in possession of sensitive information to thread carefully, regardless of having signed an agreement or not.

In other words, exactly what I said previously. Some will call it wishful fanboy thinking, but there's definitely something about all of this which doesn't add up any way you look at it.

Piscus

Rösti;208321611 said:

Sage counsel, as usual, Rösti.

Top Bottom