• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt tried to purchase Days Gone IP from Sony (Rumor)

Kokoloko85

None against people proud of their first job. As I mention, follow Jeff retweet and you gonna see loads of people agreeing with their Killzone theory.
Killzone would be left to death after that terrible metacritic score, but their sequel get a >9. Imagine giving up an IP because was receive bad.

And? You gonna want me to find everyone that agree with me as well? Are you looking for some sort of list war?

Killzone didnt take 5+ years to create and hundreds of millions of dollars…... so its a dumb theory.

I think their is a language barrier between us because you never understand what I say And vice versa.
By saying “But he think is. You tell him that, not me” I wasnt sure if you meant the creator or the person you were replying to

So the company that screwed them over refunds for CP2077 wants to buy something from Sony?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF
I think that was a Sony refund policy issue.. On PlayStation you can't get a refund after downloading a game.

CDPRed was created because CDProject wanted to publish Dark Aliance in Poland, but PC version didn't existed and Black Isle said them that if they want to publish it they will need to port it themself.
Whole idea was quickly shut down when Black Isle was closed so CDPR decided to make their own game (Witcher)
This is interesting lore. Where did you hear about this?

Fake

Killzone didnt take 5+ years to create and hundreds of millions of dollars…... so its a dumb theory.

Because...what?

Is not because you disagree thats make the theory invalid. Keep that in mind.
I think their is a language barrier between us because you never understand what I say And vice versa.
By saying “But he think is. You tell him that, not me” I wasnt sure if you meant the creator or the person you were replying to

I would say the same, but have nothing to do with language barrier. You disagree with him and me and that is totally fine. You even look for someone here who agree with you.

Gonna say again: I don't look over metacritic to find the game I looking for. New IPs don't born to be perfect/masterpiece, some IPs born with luck/hard work, others need a second chance to get polish/improve.
The game have flaws. Not some, but many. Thats not mean they can't fix/improve. There is a pretty good base for a sequel or even another game around the universe.

Last edited:
This is interesting lore. Where did you hear about this?
it's common knowledge. CD Projekt (NOT Red) were working on the PC port but it got cancelled. they still owned the source code so used it to start an early version of Witcher and formed CD Projekt Red to work on it. it went through a couple engine changes ultimately using Bioware's. the first game actually has a top down view which was left over/inspired by Dark Alliance:

iu

Last edited:

Braag

There are Days Gone type settings and IPs dime a dozen. CDPR could probably just make a zombie apocalypse settings themselves, it just doesn't make sense.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Rather have them focus on the next witcher game ( with Ciri as main protagonist maybe? Since they said Geralt story is over )

Raven117

Gold Member
The best things Days Gone offers is world building (Feels larger than it really is, it's Oregon, the motorcycle, the forests, caves etc.) and yes it’s unfortunate the reviews it got, the recent criticism surrounding it’s sequel but let’s be honest Sony looks at bend studios, days gone as a 4th, or 5th option after god of war, sackboy, Astro, GT, aloy etc.
2d0812_74cc3a6e6f954144a8278bb4a243f9ec~mv2.gif
Strangely enough for me....I thought the character writing was the most compelling. Deacon was flawed (as were other characters), but all in a believable way. I thought the world was cool too once it finally opened up.

I think the game got way unfairly dunked on.

GymWolf

Strangely enough for me....I thought the character writing was the most compelling. Deacon was flawed (as were other characters), but all in a believable way. I thought the world was cool too once it finally opened up.

You are not alone, for me characters were flawed but likable and more believable than naughty dog shit characters in tlou2.

Saber

Gold Member
I would very like very much that someone explains exactly what made Days Gone a failure? Is it the fact that its a zombie game? Despite the fact it has countless zombie games in the market, and it actually sold well for a new IP?

I feel like people are shitting on this game for no particular reason.

Kokoloko85

Because...what?

Is not because you disagree thats make the theory invalid. Keep that in mind.

Because you cant compare Killzone getting a sequel to Days gone. Days gone took years longer and millions of dollars more.
And Sony already has plenty of 3rd person games including a zombie like game

Fake

Because you cant compare Killzone getting a sequel to Days gone. Days gone took years longer and millions of dollars more.
And Sony already has plenty of 3rd person games including a zombie like game

Dude, of course you can compare. There is no rule to that. You're making things up.
Let's just agree to disagree because this is leading to nowhere.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
it's common knowledge. CD Projekt (NOT Red) were working on the PC port but it got cancelled. they still owned the source code so used it to start an early version of Witcher and formed CD Projekt Red to work on it. it went through a couple engine changes ultimately using Bioware's. the first game actually has a top down view which was left over/inspired by Dark Alliance:

iu
First version of CDP Witcher was running on Mortyr engine. By the way, how many people here even heard about that shooter?

GymWolf

I would very like very much that someone explains exactly what made Days Gone a failure? Is it the fact that its a zombie game? Despite the fact it has countless zombie games in the market, and it actually sold well for a new IP?

I feel like people are shitting on this game for no particular reason.
It had the same flaws of stuff like ubisoft or many other open world games but journalists strangely enough don't have open world fatigue when they have to review those other games...

Not saying that days gone deserve more than 7, but that the other games don't deserve scores highest than 7 so it's a bit fucked up seeing stuff like the last 3 ac games at 81, 83 and 80 when they all have shit\mediocre combat like days gone but inferior story\characters...

Like i said, some reviewers were too disturbed by a protagonist with an actual testosterone level and not enough melamin pigments in his skin...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I liked the horde in Days Gone but I think World War Z did it better, had a more, "nice" feeling to it. Ofc WWZ is more gamey while DG feels more realistic but still.
Taste/preference is subjective. My comment was about the design systems in place. From the puzzle like nature, approaches, and ability to not have the same outcome twice.
It had the same flaws of stuff like ubisoft or many other open world games but journalists strangely enough don't have open world fatigue when they have to review those other games...

Not saying that days gone deserve more than 7, but that the other games don't deserve scores highest than 7 so it's a bit fucked up seeing stuff like the last 3 ac games at 81, 83 and 80 when they all have shit\mediocre combat like days gone but inferior story\characters...

Like i said, some reviewers were too disturbed by a protagonist with an actual testosterone level and not enough melamin pigments in his skin...
The fact that many of them went out of their way to mention that in their reviews with "disgust," especially the danger hair women reviewers, it was plain as day to see how they all of a sudden found their 6's and 7's they're afraid to dish out on the other sports game like releases of open world IPs.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Dude, of course you can compare. There is no rule to that. You're making things up.
Let's just agree to disagree because this is leading to nowhere.

Thats cool man. We can agree to disagree. Im just explaining my reasons why there is no sequel right now.

1. Days Gone costs hundreds of millions of dollars more than Killzone sequel and KZ1. Im not making this up, Days Gone cost and took much longer than Killzone. Thats why you cant say ah KillZone got a sequel, yeah because it didnt take 5+ years to make.

2. Compared to the likes of Horizon, Spiderman, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima. Days Gone was not praised like them. Fans, media, scores etc. Very clear.

3. Most the WWS are already making Sequels, Insomniac, Santa Monica, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch etc. They cant have every studio making sequels especially the game that was least liked compared to the others. The rest were all commercial successes, Days gone was Not well received, especially compared to the others

Laters

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

It's one of my fav games from the last generation. The story went better and better and i loved the world.

BlackM1st

Banned
I fail to see the point.

That game had a generic zombies and pretty much our "real world" universe. Was its brand recognition was really worth it?

I... Seriously, I dunno, so fucking random.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Very depressing the consequences of Sony following more Metacritic scores than sales. Created a culture of folks that just for every conversation use a metacritic score.

Just look at the Jeff Ross tweet, loads of guys using Metacritic screenshot as some sort of counter argument. 'No. u ArE wRoNg'.

Do you guys shop on metacritic by any chance?
I noticed this WAY before Days Gone came out. I was mocked for saying Mass Effect Andromeda is NOT a 70 metacritic game in 2017. A few years before that Destiny was trashed by reviewers who hadnt even played the Vault of Glass raid. 76 back in 2014 was even worse than a 70 in 2019. GT Sports revolutionized online racing on consoles and its a 75?? Anthem is not a 54. Metal Gear Survive isnt a 60. Critics no longer look at gameplay first. They want features, story, and icons on the map. Just so they can check off the boxes. I cant tell you how many CoD, AC, and other Ubisoft games end up in the mid 80s with shit gameplay just because they are packaged with enough content and production values to keep reviewers from actually digging deep into gameplay systems and what makes a game FUN. Destiny was FUN. Online racing in GT Sports is FUN. Days Gone is FUN.

I know now what I want. I rarely ever look at reviews anymore. Halo 5 is 85 on metacritic. Gears 4 and 5 too. I was bored to death playing them for just a few hours. Uncharted 4 metacitic bored me to death. 94 on metacritic. 94! Give me a fucking break. I put in over a 200 hours in Anthem and MG Survive. There is zero reason for me to listen to reviewers anymore. They no longer value the things I value in games.

Last edited:

iorek21

I'm sure Days Gone 2 is coming someday. There's no way in hell that Sony is just going to sit on it.

Top Bottom