• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt's Investor’s Day 2011 / GOG Updates

Minsc

Gold Member
http://www.thewitcher.com/community/entry/107

The Investor’s Day 2011 live stream from CD Projekt’s HQ will be available in Polish on CDP RED's website and Polygamia.pl, starting at 10.15 (GMT +1) the 17th Novemeber. The company’s board will present a 4 year strategy plan for the entire CD Projekt RED group. Those of you who know Polish will be able to learn about the future of each company i.e. the CD Projekt RED development studio, the digital distribution platform GOG.com and the Polish brick and mortar distributor of movies and games – CD Projekt. Later on Thursday we’ll publish a full report about the Investor’s Day conference, so stay tuned!

PDF summarizing 4 year strategy plan (polish)

Summary from TW2 forums:

Most important announcements about the CDPR RED plans:

- Witcher 2 Xbox - Q1 2012
- Another games will be multiplatform (at least 2 platforms)
- Constant development of the RED Engine and dev tools
- another IP/FRANCHISE started!!!

Also, another 2 AAA+ titles (while Witcher 2 is classified AAA ) will be released in 2014 and 2015 and considering the 3-5 year development cycle the titles are said to be already in development. In the meantime (2012-2013) there will be other 2 A and 1 AA class titles released (A - small budget, AA - mid sized budget).

Was hoping it'd be a little more specific myself, oh well. Information is still hard to come by, here's the GOG stuff found on GOG's forums (they will be putting out a press release later today):

- GOG will start selling newer games, DRM free, adding an additional 20+ titles at new price points (from the existing 5.99 / 9.99 ones).

Catshade

Oh, and here's the more extensive translation on GOG.com part:

GOG.com Action Plan for 2012
• Signing an agreement to offer older games to two, new, leading publishers of games.
• Entry into a new segment - an introduction to the first offer newer games (at least 20 titles) offered at prices ranging from 13.99 to 16.99 USD.
• The establishment of direct cooperation with the ambitious independent game developers and publishers.
The first premiere of a new title created by well-known foreign studio. The game will be sold on a temporary basis exclusively in the digital distribution channel, which is available on GOG.com before the advent of the competitors offer.

Digital distribution of games is one of the youngest and most dynamic segments in our industry. Because of this specificity, and still the changes are precisely the activities planned for the end of 2013. For the years 2014 and 2015 assume the broad lines of development, which will detail carefully watching the development of the market. As in the case of the Polish distribution business, which looks beyond the specific plans for 2012 years will be gradually revealed. This is to protect the competitive position of GOG.com. Given the above, have set for the company's goal at the end of 2013.

GOG.com goal at the end of 2013
Achieving the second position in the world independent platform for PC games digital distribution offers products in all price categories.
Further aggressive business growth in the years 2012 and 2013 at 100% year on year.
We want to achieve continuing our successful strategy by which GOG.com has become in three years the number one in the electronic distribution of classic PC games. In particular:
• We will continuously focus on our core values, with an emphasis on honesty, integrity and fair treatment of players, so that GOG.com is recognized as the most friendly digital distribution platform.
• We will work with the world's leading publishers and studios make up the best games, collectively building a new quality of digital distribution to customers.

Ebris

AAA+ in 14/15? Man, they must be making a new/updated engine for TW3 if that's the case. Can't wait for this shit HNNNNNNNNNNNGH.

epmode

Oh god announce the two publishers already. I hope someone finally takes over for the aborted Lucasarts back catalog publishing deals.

It would also be nice if GOG could work out the issues with EA's expansion packs since I'd love to finally buy Wing Commander.

BTW I totally <3 GOG and CD Projekt.

Binabik15

Ebris said:
AAA+ in 14/15? Man, they must be making a new/updated engine for TW3 if that's the case. Can't wait for this shit HNNNNNNNNNNNGH.

Awesome avatar.

Can´t wait for more games from them.

Acosta

This is how you get respected. You make a great game and you develop it for long enough to ensure each entry has the proper quality jump.

I salute you CD Projekt.

Chinner

Banned
i'm just guessing here, but (assuming that) witcher 3 will have 3-5 years of development makes me both very happy and very sad.

Kyaw

Chinner said:
i'm just guessing here, but if witcher 3 will have 3-5 years of development makes me both very happy and very sad.

Open world Witcher 3 with Witcher 2 graphics... BELIEVE

Chinner

Banned
i don't want to make this into a witcher 3 wish-list, but i hope CDPR just copy naughty dog and put in insanely good animations and environment interaction.

Derrick01

Banned
I want a Witcher 2 expansion that's at least 20 hours long that teases a Witcher 3 at the end of it. Perfect scenario really.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Chinner said:
i'm just guessing here, but (assuming that) witcher 3 will have 3-5 years of development makes me both very happy and very sad.

yes, I'm glad they didn't pull Bioware with the series.

Stumpokapow said:
So they plan to sign two major publishers in 2012? Lucasarts and... Eidos/SE? Take 2? Microsoft?

Eidos and Take 2 both make more sense now if they're going to be offering more recent games at higher pricepoints as well.

mclem

Chinner said:
i don't want to make this into a witcher 3 wish-list, but i hope CDPR just copy naughty dog and put in insanely good animations and environment interaction.

I hope they don't.

There's a lot of work involved in doing that, and I'd rather than workload was spent on gaming content rather than pretty stuff.

Minsc

Gold Member
Press release from GOG; says the newer releases will share the same core values, DRM-free, flat prices worldwide, and extra content. They plan on having 400+ titles by the end of 2012.

That could almost be seen as a little bit of a disappointment as it's a very safe number (saying 430+ just doesn't sound as nice too), given they currently have 335 titles, and are on track to release ~90 titles this year.

inky

I wonder if they will go for a shooter for their new IP, or if they'll keep to RPGs or even an action/adventure game?

trw

mclem said:
I hope they don't.

There's a lot of work involved in doing that, and I'd rather than workload was spent on gaming content rather than pretty stuff.

Agreed. Naughty Dog can afford to have a budget for it since the games are short and relatively "simple" gameplay. Witcher 3 will hopefully be much larger in scope and choices.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Minsc said:
Press release from GOG; says the newer releases will share the same core values, DRM-free, flat prices worldwide, and extra content. They plan on having 400+ titles by the end of 2012.

That could almost be seen as a little bit of a disappointment as it's a very safe number (saying 430+ just doesn't sound as nice too), given they currently have 335 titles, and are on track to release ~90 titles this year.

I presume that in cases such as The Witcher 2 where the Aussie Tax has been applied, users who purchase these higher-priced games will receive the difference in GoG.com credit (as is the case with the aforementioned example).

Mikeside

inky said:
I wonder if they will go for a shooter for their new IP, or if they'll keep to RPGs or even an action/adventure game?

I really hope they don't go down the shooter route

Would be great to see them do something like Disaster Report/I Am Alive (or at least, what I thought it was supposed to be)

Signing an agreement to offer older games to two, new, leading publishers of games.

f3hm6v.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As long as they don't bite off more than they can chew, I wish nothing but the best for CDP, and look forward to seeing what their new IP is.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
- Witcher 2 Xbox - Q1 2012
- Another games will be multiplatform (at least 2 platforms)
- Constant development of the RED Engine and dev tools
- another IP/FRANCHISE started!!!

Well..I just hope they keep PC as the lead platform for their new multiplat IPs.

Saty

Good article that sums up the info. Also has a video interview with Badowski (with english subtitles):
http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,964...ttracts_Investors_with_New_Games_and_New.html

We are used to calling big, high-rated productions AAA games. In its investor's report CDR (that's the new abbreviation for CD Projekt RED) introduces a new category: AAA+. It relates to the newest productions released simultaneously on at least two platforms at a time with an average score (i.e. Metacritic) above 90%. The studio is aiming to sell more than 2 million copies of it's "AAA+” games within the first year, while distributing them through both retail and digital. These are the games that we are going to see in respectively 2014 and 2015

The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 has been classified as a AAA title with release date set for Q1 of 2012 (probably end of February). According to the company's definition these are the big releases with average rating above 90% and significant commercial potential, but schedules only for one platform at a time. World-famous hits with predicted sales on the level of 800K-1.3M during the first year of distribution (retail and digital). Those games will have huge production budgets and will take two to four years to complete. Suggested retail price for those game in their first phase of distribution will be 49-59 USD in the US and 49-59 EUR in Europe.

There's also a AA game scheduled for Q1 of 2013. "AA”--in CDR's lingo--means a target average score above 85%, one platform and 500K units sold with development time taking around two years

CD Projekt RED is also planning smaller productions, regarding games geared towards digital distribution with the likes of Xbox LIVE Arcade, PSN, Steam or even GOG.com. There are two game scheduled for this type of release next year during Q1 and Q4

There are add-ons coming. More than one, even. How many? At least three! Two of them will ship in 2012 (in Q1 and Q3) and one more in 2013. We can expect that there will be something like The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, like CDR did for for their first title, or additional modes or adventures of Geralt similar to The Witcher 2, version 2.0.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ah man, I can't wait to see what they're working on. I'd like to see them continue with the Witcher series, but that kind of talent deserves to be put towards new IP's as well.

Top Bottom