• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR confirm that XSX footage of CP2077 was a BC version, seemingly no kind of patch at all for Next-Gen consoles at launch

DonJorginho

Banned
Last edited:

Kuranghi

Womp womp, I bet that means its ~1440p30 on PS5, same as PS4 Pro will be. Totally turns me off, just going to forget about this for now. I thought it would have doubled framerate or resolution at least, borrrrring.

So many other excellent games out right now anyway I can't keep up. That + Christmas-time-Arkham-games-replaying is taking up a lot of time anyway.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
um yeah....we've known that for a while now.

they've said plenty of times that next gen update is NEXT YEAR. until that update comes out then it'll run the last gen versions. if you play on next gen consoles you might see a boost to resolution (if dynamic) and frame rate. maybe faster loading times.

Kuranghi

A lot of people have wondered as CDPR keep saying it will look and play better from day one, go on any thread regarding the game and consoles and multiple people seem to believe a minor day one patch is coming.

Yes I did believe this also, was there any actual offical text/video from CDPR saying it though? I just took whoever said it's word for it. We can still hope for an unlocked framerate or dynamic resolution, all is not lost... yet.

Though, if the framerate is unlocked on the mid-gen refresh consoles, to those players I say:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I don’t see the point in buying this now unless you own a high end PC.

I am definitely waiting until the next gen editions, I need to experience night city the right way.

yet you're planning on waiting for a next gen console which will not run as good as PC. makes sense.

if you "need to experience night city the right way" then the only way to do that is play on PC.

i'm getting it on PC. can't wait to play at 60-120fps with far better raytracing and higher density/unique NPCs + cars around the city. will sure make it feel more alive and believable.

Been saying this would be the case for a while.

No idea why people thought otherwise.
people don't like to read or can't.

Last edited:
A lot of people have wondered as CDPR keep saying it will look and play better from day one, go on any thread regarding the game and consoles and multiple people seem to believe a minor day one patch is coming.

No, they said the next gen editions will definitely be coming some time in 2021. The day one patch is for the overall game performance.

The game can only be played in backward compatibility mode for both Xbox Series X and PS5. So we won’t get the real next gen versions until next year.

Burger

Nobody (except SX/PS5 owners) want it looking vastly better on Day 1.

If it looks markedly better on Next Gen consoles, but gamers cannot actually purchase a next gen console, then it could affect sales as people may want to wait.

Larogue

I won't buy it then till they release a proper next-gen version, to avoid greedy tactics such as making next-gen upgrade for a fee.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
It makes sense that there aren't any next-gen features or upgrades available... they've already delayed it multiple times just trying to get the base version out the door

Reactions: Isa

KO7

I’ll play it Day 1 on my XsX. The next-gen patch sometime in 2021 will be a nice upgrade mid-game for me. It’s not like I’ll be anywhere near done the game by then anyway.

Arkam

So this holiday season I’ll be playing The Waiting Game instead of Cyber Punk...Lame, but expected.

xacto

In a recent earnings presentation provided by CDPR, it has been confirmed that both the PS5 and XSX version of Cyberpunk 2077 are running via backwards compatibility which would mean that no day one support will come to boost frame-rates or resolutions for the new consoles.

Looks like we are definitely waiting till 2021 for that full fat next-gen experience boys.

Good to know; I wouldn't buy that game for my OG PS4 anyway, not worth the trouble. I will wait, also get my PS5 in the meantime, and play it after they drop that next-gen patch.

The more I look at that game, less excited I feel about it, don't know why exactly. I was way more excited to play The Witcher back in the day than this one. I would like CDPR to surprise me; we'll see.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'll wait for the proper next gen version.
You'll be waiting a while. I'm guessing at a MINIMUM of 6 mos. but more likely longer.

No, they said the next gen editions will definitely be coming some time in 2021. The day one patch is for the overall game performance.

The game can only be played in backward compatibility mode for both Xbox Series X and PS5. So we won’t get the real next gen versions until next year.

Real next-gen version comes out on launch day. But only for Nvidia hardware.

Last edited:
The BC footage already looks great, and already leveraging some features like RT on top of that. Will be interesting to see how the proper next-gen versions look, then.

In a recent earnings presentation provided by CDPR, it has been confirmed that both the PS5 and XSX version of Cyberpunk 2077 are running via backwards compatibility which would mean that no day one support will come to boost frame-rates or resolutions for the new consoles.

Looks like we are definitely waiting till 2021 for that full fat next-gen experience boys.

😞😞😔

Hella dissapointed, but just glad that the wait is finally over. Regardless though, day 1 no matter what..I'm DONE waitin' !!!

jaysius

Banned
Fight FOMO get a deal on the game a few months or half a year when they have the next gen edition figured out and want a big bump in sales.

DonJorginho

Banned
Good to know; I wouldn't buy that game for my OG PS4 anyway, not worth the trouble. I will wait, also get my PS5 in the meantime, and play it after they drop that next-gen patch.

The more I look at that game, less excited I feel about it, don't know why exactly. I was way more excited to play The Witcher back in the day than this one. I would like CDPR to surprise me; we'll see.
Exact same is happening to me, but I believe that is purely down to me overhyping this game in my head.

I will still buy it and be happy as the PS5 will be so much better than playing on a base last gen console, can save the next gen upgrade for another playthrough.

KO7

😞😞😔

Hella dissapointed, but just glad that the wait is finally over. Regardless though, day 1 no matter what..I'm DONE waitin' !!!

Exact sentiments from me too. I’ll have it Day 1 cause I preordered the steelbook exclusive from Bestbuy (which is now sold out btw), so might as well play it. Ain’t no way I’ll have it sitting there unplayed waiting for the next-gen patch first.

BeardGawd

Banned
I just preordered this for $50 yesterday at Amazon on sale for those that haven't yet. Can't wait to play this on Series X.

I don’t see the point in buying this now unless you own a high end PC.

I am definitely waiting until the next gen editions, I need to experience night city the right way.

While you're correct the best graphics features will come later I'm sure they will have post launch DLC which will be more than enough reason to come back to Night City.

Top Bottom