• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR Confirms Witcher 3 Update for XBX and PS4 Pro

Mifec

Was thinking about as great as all this is it sadly won't be improving the rather crazy loading times on console.

Then I remembered that it has been said that games will have faster loading times without any dev input needed. Definitely interested in seeing if that's indeed the case.
I can't even imagine W3 with long loading times. It insta loads on PC.

BigEmil

Was thinking about as great as all this is it sadly won't be improving the rather crazy loading times on console.

Then I remembered that it has been said that games will have faster loading times without any dev input needed. Definitely interested in seeing if that's indeed the case.
Didn't boost mode speed up the load times by like 10 seconds on the longer ones and with Pro patch enabled it should be included with it

I can't even imagine W3 with long loading times. It insta loads on PC.

Oh man, I wish we had that. It's horrible in Velen. Takes easily a minute if not longer on base Xbox One in Velen after death.

Didn't boost mode speed up the load times by like 10 seconds on the longer ones and with Pro patch enabled it should be included with it

That is good news. I mean if X gets that too plus the hardware itself helping out with the loading times as well that should really bring a decent improvement.

CHC

It'd be pretty sweet if they added dynamic resolution to the PC version too. Underused feature for PC games, really was helpful in Dishonored 2.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Haven't played through my PC version of the Witcher 3 yet but thinking I'm gonna see how the X version turns out hoping it will do 4k 60fps and HDR (will be happy if only 30 though) rather than play it at 1080p on my PC.

4k 60fps on an X1X?

How much do you actually know about technology mate?

AmyS

What I'm expecting for the X1X version:

* True native 4K / 2160p without checkerboard rendering or other techniques

* A mostly solid 30 FPS, without the dips the new PS4 Pro patch suffers from in those well known areas.

* Higher resolution textures than PS4 Pro.

* respectable level of anisotropic filtering

Hawk269

What I'm expecting for the X1X version:

* True native 4K / 2160p without checkerboard rendering or other techniques

* A mostly solid 30 FPS, without the dips the new PS4 Pro patch suffers from in those well known areas.

* Higher resolution textures than PS4 Pro.

* respectable level of anisotropic filtering

The only reason I highlighted that is that the PC version does not have higher resolution textures. I doubt that they have gone back and made higher res textures for the Xbox One X only. I expect everything else you wrote with the added improvement in shadows, further draw distance, possible increased NPC (this is a PC feature). I do wish higher res textures would be included, but unless MS paid to have that much work done, I doubt that part is happening.

AmyS

The only reason I highlighted that is that the PC version does not have higher resolution textures. I doubt that they have gone back and made higher res textures for the Xbox One X only. I expect everything else you wrote with the added improvement in shadows, further draw distance, possible increased NPC (this is a PC feature). I do wish higher res textures would be included, but unless MS paid to have that much work done, I doubt that part is happening.

Ah, I didn't know the console versions already used the highest texture setting the PC version has.

Hawk269

Ah, I didn't know the console versions already used the highest texture setting the PC version has.

It really isn't a higher setting, it is more of better AF that makes the textures look a little better, there never was a PC Texture pack or higher res textures for the PC version, they just looked cleaner due to resolution and being able to use 16AF...which I hope the Xbox One X version does as well. On my gaming rig I am able to do 4k/60fps at max settings with the exception of Nvidia Hair Works and it looks pretty amazing.

Top Bottom