• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR is likely to announce new game at E3, may be Witcher related

boskee

There are whispers and speculation but I can tell you Cyberpunk 2077 will definitely not be at E3 this year. That comes from the horse's mouth: CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski himself.

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk," he told me at Polish conference Digital Dragons recently. "We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."

I believe what CD Projekt Red will announce at E3 will be the game - or thing - it mentioned in a recent annual report. Under plans for 2016, CDPR mentioned, "A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio." That doesn't necessarily mean it's a game and doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out this year. But it could be both.

When I asked Iwinski if it will be this thing at E3 he said, "We will see." When I asked if we'll find out what it is at E3 he said, "Well, hopefully." And when I asked if it had anything to do with The Witcher he said, "Time will tell."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-25-cyberpunk-2077-e3-cd-projekt

H3xum

I thought they just said the other day don't expect to see the Witcher for 5+ years or something to that effect

DKHF

I loved Gwent (though not enough to get the trophy for getting every single type of card) so I might actually be interested in a mobile game of it.

boskee

I thought they just said the other day don't expect to see the Witcher for 5+ years or something to that effect

Doesn't rule out any new Witcher-related game (such as say Gwent) as long as it's "new type of game that the studio has never worked on" (paraphrased).

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Would go nuts if it's surprise addon tying up the ends on Saskia and Iorveth.
*dreams*
But yeah probably gwent.

Falchion

Huh, I could get down on a mobile Gwent game, I'm surprised that Cyberpunk won't be there at all though, guess it's a ways off still.

boskee

Given the panel at PAX East at which guys from CDPR took a video of the crowd to convince their bosses stand alone Gwent is a good idea I think it's something else.

Green Yoshi

I don't care about Gewnt, but if we will see a trailer of Cybperpunk 2007 everything is fine and they can announce whatever they want for mobile devices.

Auctopus

You can't just decide to turn up to E3 a few weeks before, booths are booked months ahead of time. They'll be there, even if they're just showing off B&W.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If it's a Gwent game, I hope it's not exclusive to mobile. I'd gladly play a full-fledged card game on a console.
They implied they wanted their Unity games to be on at least mobile and PC, but after how The Witcher 3 sold, I imagine they'd consider consoles as well.

CHC

Yeah put me down for a bet on "Gwent." As much as I love the Witcher III I really don't care that much for Gwent or a standalone, but I just don't see them pulling some big AAA release out of their hats come E3.

They implied they wanted their Uniy games to be on at least mobile and PC, but after how The Witcher 3 sold, I imagine they'd consider consoles as well.

Nice.

I mean, I'd be ok with a mobile version of Gwent if that's my only option, so I won't be too sad if console versions aren't in the....cards.

Exentryk

How about Cyberpunk Witcher 2077?!

eI1iHzG.jpg

Top Bottom