• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR sold over 6 million copies of The Witcher 3 in 6 weeks [$82 million budget]

It's especially impressive when you consider that as of late 2013 the first two games had sold 6 million combined

The continued support of gamers worldwide has been one of the keys to our success and a reason we have such a strong foundation to build from. We’d like to announce that six million copies of The Witcher games have been sold up to this day and our community is growing into one of the strongest RPG fandoms in the world.

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/384|witcher2

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Well deserved. Definitely GOTY for me at this point, just beating out PoE. Hoping MGSV and FO4 can give it a run for its money, but it's a tough nut to crack.

Vinc

I love this game so damn much.

Phantom Pain is probably its only realistic competitor for my GOTY in 2015.

CD Projekt Red is a monster.

Cyberpunk 2077 will break the internet.

When it releases in 2020.

I'm fine with this, even if it meant a gameplay reveal in 2017 / 2018, there was loads and loads of Witcher 3 pre-release material between it's 2013 reveal and 2015 release to tide people over. If they need 5 years, give em 5.

Gator86

Congrats to them. Currently the best game of the generation for me. Ready for the expansions and whatever they put out next.

Recall

Still a shame quite a few quests are bugged. That's my only downer about the game. Great to see huge sale numbers though.

Elandyll

Banned
Well deserved for the amount of work and the ambition alone, even if the game fell short of the hype for me.
Congrats CDPR :)

KTallguy

Banned
I just finished it, and although it was a tad long at spots, I really enjoyed it!

I don't think it's gonna be my GOTY, but it was an amazing, unforgettable experience.

Very well deserved success. Game is a technical marvel and easily tied with RDR as my favorite open world game of all time. I have a shameful 275 hours played with it and I still feel like I haven't seen everything there is.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well deserved, indeed. I'm 70 hours in and need to go back and finish it up. Too much work travel recently...

Witcher 3 is currently my game of the year, just narrowly edging out Ori. Ready for the October expansion. Hopefully it is early October so I can get through it before Halo and Fallout.

Tigress

Awesome. I'm glad to hear it did so well. Will probably not be my GOTY but honestly, that's only cause Fallout 4 is coming out this year and I doubt anything would beat out Fallout 4 for me (unless Bethesda fucks it up badly. And not in the usual stuff I expect from Bethesda as I do expect it will have some flaws. Overall I still love their games despite the flaws. So they'd have to fuck up what they do well or really double down on the stuff they don't do well).

If it weren't for Fallout coming out this year, it probably would have been my GOTY.

Great for them. Especially since it's a storied sequel, which could have turned some people off.

Im hoping they return to witcher with a new location and hero, start fresh

hobozero

I bought it twice at launch :( First on PS4, then, after i got sick of the framerate, I upgraded my PC and bought it again from GOG. Guess that's a testament to it's quality. Really wish I could have returned the PS4 purchase, although I'm happy to support the devs in this case.

Walpurgis

Banned
Better than expected. I thought they would reach this figure at the end of the year. Not hearing about the sales for a while and hearing about how well Arkham Knight did made me consider revising that figure. I'm happy that it's selling way faster than anyone expected. Now I have hope that it could approach Bethesda numbers.

Well done CDPR. You deserve this.

prag16

Banned
No platform breakdown? Boo. Though 1 million on GOG alone is pretty impressive.

Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077. Assuming it launches before 2077; because I'll quite possibly be dead by then. :(

Steam is under 800k, Gog? crazy console numbers.

Huh? Where was a platform breakdown? Maybe I'm blind.

And why under 800k? They said 1 million activations on GOG..

sublimit

Banned
Well deserved.For me they are the pride of European game development.Respect to everyone who has worked in this game!

even with the fuckery with their latest patches messing with equipment requirements and what not, those 200+ hours put into this game were so worth it. great game

Bl@de

Well deserved. Amazing game. Now take all the money and put it to Cyberpunk 2077. Then get more money and throw it at CP2077. And if that isn't enough ... MOOORE MONEYS

Top Bottom