• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR sold over 6 million copies of The Witcher 3 in 6 weeks [$82 million budget]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That would put it up there with the best selling BioWare games. Maybe a tad above.

I think that leaves Diablo (30+M), Borderlands (12+M), and Bethesda's games (20+M) as the better selling WRPGs.

It's easily my GOTY (likely going to stay that way). So happy for them, well deserved guys.

Can't wait for the expansions.

Chris_C

That would put it up there with the best selling BioWare games. Maybe a tad above.

I think that leaves Diablo, Borderlands, and Bethesda's games as the better selling WRPGs.

Absolutely deserved. It's the first game I've played on the "new" consoles that's felt truly ambitious. Still playing through and absolutely loving every moment.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Would this be the best selling title Bandai Namco has put out since... well, in a good long while?

If we counted it as a Namco game, it would be in strong contention for their best selling game ever, but they only helped distribute it in Europe.

WITHE1982

Wow that's impressive and well deserved by CDPR.

Can't wait for the expansions to release so I can jump straight back into it.

Well deserved. I'm 2/3rds through the game and it is such an accomplishment. It does make me extremely sad that this will be Geralt's last voyage :(

Congratulations CDProjekt. Not only the game itself but also the localization effort they put in is truly impressive. Also one million people activated their game on GoG, seems to have been a real succes for their platform.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh right, I hadn't realized they were doing it in Europe only.

Warner shipped it in the US and CD Projekt handled it themselves in Eastern Europe (the company actually started as a Eastern European game distributor).

They did get some loans to finish the project from their publishers, and the distributors paid marketing expenses in exchanged for preferred revenue/profit up front.

bluedawgs

Banned
Good, the game deserves it. I'm like 18 hours in, but I'm playing on the hardest difficulty (Death March) so I expect to finish it by like October. I've died so many times.

Phamit

82 Million $ Budget for Wicher 3

137 Million $ Sales revenue

63 Million $ Net profit

1 Million Activations on GoG

It's lifetime sales could easily cruise past 10 million. Especially if they release a complete or enhanced edition.

Really glad to see such a deserving game do well.

Top Bottom