• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDProjectRed (GOG) appropriates popularity of #WontBeErased to make point about PC games

By the way, just realized how ironic it is that the tweet has been erased. Maybe it was just a meta sucker bet.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
There's this https://lulz.com/cyberpunk-2077-doxed-harassed-hashtag-wontbeerased-1513/ and I don't know if this source is trustworthy or not because the doxx was swept under the rug and now it never existed in the first place. /s

EDIT: Actually nevermind the url since the doxx now never existed in the first place.
I literally had that link lingering for 2 days, still have to read it :p

It really isn't that hard, but I won't lie - I refuse to use made up terms to refer to someone as (referring Xie/Xer/Xim). If you are a biological male and feel you are female? Then I will refer to use with female pronouns. If you are biological female and feel you are male? Then I will use male pronouns. If you don't know? Then I will refer to you with pronouns related to your biological sex (or use Dude, which I tend to use interchangeable regardless of the sex).
I would personally have no issues with it. I would probably make a remark like ''You don't hear that everyday'' and that's it. If they want to be referred by Xie/Xer/Xim, then ill do that.

I mean, happy days. If it helps them out, then why not. No cost for some gain. :)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I can understand that. I feel tired too. At least I have a better understanding of the color of the moderation around here.

If you find it questionable, then talk with the mods or report the post. The Mods are not omniscient, nor can they find all the problem posts. Sometimes things fall beneath the cracks.

julio_grr

If you find it questionable, then talk with the mods or report the post.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't question it at all :) I understand it better, it's just what I meant. I usually don't report.
And what coloration is that out of curiosity?
Pourpre

Back on topic, the controversy is already fading away. I still don't think they should have removed the tweets nor apologized - it was basically harmelss - but in the end all of that will have zero consequences whatsoever on CDPR / GOG sales - or on the future sales of CP2077.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Again?

Oh GOG, why?

Because Poland don't give a fuck, that's why.

Honestly, it is the only thing I can think of, since they are not riddled with the same type of progressive PC moments that take place in other western countries.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
this whole thing is hilarious, i hope gog keeps this kinda stuff up because the vocal minority backlash is tasty as fuck

Fuz

Banned
Because Poland don't give a fuck, that's why.

Honestly, it is the only thing I can think of, since they are not riddled with the same type of progressive PC moments that take place in other western countries.
No.

I mean, "why deleting it and caving to the sjw crowd, again?"

Top Bottom