• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDProjectRed (GOG) appropriates popularity of #WontBeErased to make point about PC games

I got banned from ERA like a month ago for pointing out how absurd all the bans were considering most of them the commenters didn't even disagree, they just didn't explicitly agree with whatever the popular opinion was. So much for discussion.

Raven117

Gold Member
LOL. Reject-era nevers fails to amuse me with their insanity.
It does seem that that forum has progressively become worse and worse. That thread is a culmination of insanity and overraction that the forum has become. That is far more than anything on old-Gaf. And old-Gaf was pretty bad about that.

Last edited:

Barnabot

ResetEra trying to doxxing the CDPR/GOG just to see if someone from there could get burned was really really sad. That's a sad place fuelled with a nonsensical hate.

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
In other news, Guerrila games have lost their balls. Bunch of cringy cucks.

Confirmed the next killzone protagonist to be a gender fluid, female lesbian tranny.

What in the fuck is a LGBTQIASSDHJSH? What absolute nonsense.

Kudos to CD red. It seems like they are the only dev that haven't lost their balls.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I got banned from ERA like a month ago for pointing out how absurd all the bans were considering most of them the commenters didn't even disagree, they just didn't explicitly agree with whatever the popular opinion was. So much for discussion.

Those place are for snowflakes and crybaby man who cant handle manly discussion

We got you covered here bro👊✊

If you see one of em coming around here just smack em in the face👊👊👊

They'll run away like a chicken🐥🐥

Neogaf is where real man get along together💪

Cato

Banned
CDPR's plan is working.

1. Post something on Twitter to create a controversy that makes one set of people mad.
2. Watch the other side get mad at the first group of people that are mad.
3. ????????
4. Profit

Well, I think this whole outrage machine that Twitter and social media creates need to go away.
Everything is outrageous these days. Everything leads to hate mobs on twitter going crazy.

My way to protest against all this outrage is to throw money at those that are a target.
If more people do this, one day we will reach a point where this fake outrage is counter productive.
When fake outrage leads to increased sales, people will stop?
(Ok, I see the obvious flaw with this argument, but let me live with hope that it will work.)

I think this is a more civil way of protesting than many alternatives.

Last edited:
Those place are for snowflakes and crybaby man who cant handle manly discussion

We got you covered here bro👊✊

If you see one of em coming around here just smack em in the face👊👊👊

They'll run away like a chicken🐥🐥

Haha. Thanks man. I couldn't really care less. I only posted a handful of times and only ever look at the site for news.

But dang that site is creating exactly what it purports to be against: radicalized hate groups. All I said in my post was that by censoring ideas that didn't explicitly agree = those viewpoints go to other places where they find support and grow. Era is an example of it.

Forums are meant for discussion. Discussion = challenging your viewpoints in an effort to find truth. If you can't defend your viewpoint rationally then you better question it. But that would mean you would have to be comfortable being wrong. They aren't.

Funny enough though I got banned a while back on Neogaf before its huge hubub for the same thing.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Haha. Thanks man. I couldn't really care less. I only posted a handful of times and only ever look at the site for news.

But dang that site is creating exactly what it purports to be against: radicalized hate groups. All I said in my post was that by censoring ideas that didn't explicitly agree = those viewpoints go to other places where they find support and grow. Era is an example of it.

Forums are meant for discussion. Discussion = challenging your viewpoints in an effort to find truth. If you can't defend your viewpoint rationally then you better question it. But that would mean you would have to be comfortable being wrong. They aren't.

Funny enough though I got banned a while back on Neogaf before its huge hubub for the same thing.

I too got banned for similar issues a while ago on NeoGAF, and recently got banned on that pathetic site Resetera. It's such a fucking hive mind over there.
Anyway, about this tweet- I don't think we should be picking on any group of people, but a joke is a joke- STOP APOLOGIZING FOR EVERYTHING YOU SAY! Clearly it was meant to be written, so why apologize and make out as if it was a mistake?
I really think that some people need to grow some tough skin. I'm not too sure how common this saying is, but my parents used to repeat this phrase to me in Australia as I was a chubby kid- "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will NEVER hurt me". I've lived by that for all of my 38 years (so far) on this Earth and haven't taken too much to heart. Too many idiots get outraged over anything today, and to be honest with you i'm sick of it...
These same, easily triggered assholes are a main reason why Trump got to the position he is in today, and if things don't change, he will get a 2nd term. If that happens, we will have to hear these fake ass sooks crying for another 4 more years! And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the crying, even though I consider myself more left than right. But i'll tell you, the way things are going, I'm really starting to despise both sides at the moment...

Silent Duck

landscape-1457975259-armwrestle.gif

soyamilo

Neo Member
lol is there a need for all these masculinity posts in this thread?

my take on this. this is not the first time CDPR has made a trans-phobic post, their intentions are more than obvious.

Meanwhile REEEEEEEEEEEEEEsetera...

Honestly, they ought to dox the journalists and REEEEseters.

Goose, gander, etc. I'm not even a fan of their games, but if they started just posting their addresses and pictures of them in their fursuits geting ready to yiff on Twitter I'd buy everything they put out.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Just popped by Era. The counterpart to this thread is both comedy gold & unbearable cringe in equal measures. Some tit is asking how he can have all his CDPR games purged from his PS account. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Might I suggest that they just gouge their eyes out so they can no longer play any of CDPR's games or see their tweets.

Last edited:
How was CD Projekt's latest "controversial" tweet transphobic, exactly? Where did it express contempt for transexual people? Isn't it just using "won't be erased" without commenting on the political situation at all, either in approval of Trump or the hashtag?
It's a "misuse" of the hashtag? One that warrants getting people fired? Seriously? Someone just tell Nike, Trump and Hillary there's so many miscreants who should meet their just desserts and face homelessness over those #justdoit / #maga / #imwithher out of context memes that devalue their respective brands.
Or in this case, doxxed by a forum admin, using an email address given by GOG's promotional account on that forum (that probably requires personal or professional e-mails to better dox someone, so it seems in hindsight) that's not even confirmed to be that of the same person behind the tweet (but as long as we get at least one random person out of that PR team we're all good, right, oh and he dissed Santa Anita on a personal blog so he had it coming), and issued death threats?

"Denying people human rights" and "making people feel unsafe" speaks more about the harassment central known as resetera (or formerly, this place) than the "offenders".

I got word from a friend not so long ago there was a developer who commented on their forum they can't comment freely, and that was enough for that wretched hive of villany to come down on him (a "dogpile" in their weird terms) and assume all sorts of character flaws (even though he was a like-minded fellow just a few topics ago), stripped down his imaginary internet badges, and went to twitter to make sure that developer's company know they think that's not good looks, optics, kaleidoscopes and what may you.

I'm guessing developer enthusiasm to comment there suddenly dried up as a result, so after just ranting about how evil the opinions of some Xseed employees are, they decided to use the registration information of any developer foolish enough to make an account there, to the full extent of the doxxing potential, whenever their parent company does something they don't approve of. Surprising levels of depravity.

In other news, Guerrila games have lost their balls.

That's nothing new. Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn was uglified in the final product as well, to have a much less appealing jawline and facial features to the male gaze apparently. That's their natural evolution.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Its about time companies stopped being shit scared of SJW's and told them to do one. With the amount of anti SJW's there are in the world, companies would probably see huge profit spikes.

Oh go fucking yell at your apartment full of cats.

Not a cat person dude, but surprisingly that assumption isn't the most idiotic thing about your post. So well done I guess.

And people talking in generalities, in such vague terms they cannot possibly be called out is truly, what's the expression?, on purpose?

This tiresome attempt to establish an equivalence between Resetera and NeoGAF cannot survive even passing scrutiny. It is completely artificial. On one hand you have authoritarian, even autocratic moderation, on the other you do not. On one hand you have a significant percentage of members who despise rational discourse and debate, on the other you have a marginal fringe group who also cannot stand free rational inquiry.

And this is why people trying the same old same old trick of depicting the two forums as twins brothers must resort to the vaguest, most abstract language. If they were to get one millimetre more specific, they'd get called out immediately and their hollow rhetoric exposed.

It's funny because I actually agree with you. Resetera is a shithole of a place that I wouldn't want to visit and the mandatory viewpoint that everyone should have on everything is the death of any reasonable conversation. GAF is a much better place in that regard. It doesn't mean there aren't people overreacting and this exaggeration it's really passionate. This intense hate and difficulty of dealing with different viewpoints is exactly what would get one called a SJW. If you don't see that at all in this thread, then it's all good.

Consider the following: the guy I quoted above told me to go "fucking yell at my apartment full of cats" because I said some people approach issues regarding SJWs with the same unflinching hatred as they do and how that is ironic. In that sense, I guess you could call it doubly ironic then.

Senhua

Well, I think this whole outrage machine that Twitter and social media creates need to go away.
Everything is outrageous these days. Everything leads to hate mobs on twitter going crazy.

My way to protest against all this outrage is to throw money at those that are a target.
If more people do this, one day we will reach a point where this fake outrage is counter productive.
When fake outrage leads to increased sales, people will stop?
(Ok, I see the obvious flaw with this argument, but let me live with hope that it will work.)

I think this is a more civil way of protesting than many alternatives.
I think your kind of approach is the best we can do as a consumer.
They (developer) are okay to have a personal political preference (we all have) that's it.
The moment they make it to the product they are making is the moment as a consumer I stop buying their product.
Take a first party Sony studios as an example: the last game I bought was HZR and that's it. No more money from me as more and more their newer games seem worse (look at new GOW).
I will take my money to the developers who only care to making fun games.

Coincidentally, that's the same thing that Austin Walker says to his 4 big mac lunch everyday. "It's rape time BIOTCH"

Funny enough, they just stole that line from their buddy Max Temkin during his college rape days.

It's ok though, they're all self proclaimed "turbo feminists"

Not a cat person dude, but surprisingly that assumption isn't the most idiotic thing about your post. So well done I guess.

It's funny because I actually agree with you. Resetera is a shithole of a place that I wouldn't want to visit and the mandatory viewpoint that everyone should have on everything is the death of any reasonable conversation. GAF is a much better place in that regard. It doesn't mean there aren't people overreacting and this exaggeration it's really passionate. This intense hate and difficulty of dealing with different viewpoints is exactly what would get one called a SJW. If you don't see that at all in this thread, then it's all good.

Consider the following: the guy I quoted above told me to go "fucking yell at my apartment full of cats" because I said some people approach issues regarding SJWs with the same unflinching hatred as they do and how that is ironic. In that sense, I guess you could call it doubly ironic then.

Did you just assume my gender?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Coincidentally, that's the same thing that Austin Walker says to his 4 big mac lunch everyday. "It's rape time BIOTCH"

Funny enough, they just stole that line from their buddy Max Temkin during his college rape days.

It's ok though, they're all self proclaimed "turbo feminists"

They're playing people for fools with all this false altruism. They literally have to search for problems that aren't there more often than not.

Snake oil salesmen of "games media" playing to the profits off the clinically outraged.

Did you just assume my gender?

I'm not a transgender worshiper here friend, I think attack helicopter jokes can be funny. I don't wish them harm but like anything in life I don't think they should be holy cowed. I was arguing that anti-SJWism is becoming irrational and constantly irritated mobs that are at this point indistinguishable from their counterpart in many ways. Seriously, you're trying to frame me as a snowflake, how is that really different than someone trying to frame you as a russian bot?

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Confirmed the next killzone protagonist to be a gender fluid, female lesbian tranny.

You seem angry and hostile. Are you lashing out because /r/incels was banned or something? Good god. As soon as I see someone say "cuck" I automatically assume they're furiously typing on the keyboard with two fingers and they are profusely breathing through the mouth.

FWIW I think that Giles should have kept that particular opinion to themselves in that secondary tweet. It automatically sends out the message that Guerilla will discriminate.

Steez

If this and the CDPR account are run by the same person then it was intended to get a rise out of a certain group of people. Once is a mistake, but three times...

And in turn, it's also PR. Thronebreaker just came out this is a super easy way to get free promo/move copies since those who take offense to it, aren't a huge buying force. So it is definitely an asshole thing to do, but at this point I find it really hard to care for the plight of oppressed gamers and their press allies, who have the bravery to endure the suffering unleashed upon them by evil game and movie studios, from the discomfort of their cozy home.

It'll be interesting to see if Polygon, Giantbomb (sigh) and the rest review Cyberpunk or don't even acknowledge its release like they did with Kingdom Come in order to stick to their convictions.

Spoilers: They will, because one is a niche release where they can act high and mighty and the other is the biggest game ever which makes them money. Congratulations for turning a real world issue into a parody.

Lupingosei

Banned
The most amazing thing is always, when off topic era invades the gaming part how the gamers use the Bert the Turtle tactic.

Magik85

What in the fuck is a LGBTQIASSDHJSH? What absolute nonsense.

Kudos to CD red. It seems like they are the only dev that haven't lost their balls.

What i find funny is that he just mentioned them and allready had to apologise xD.

Dunki

my take on this. this is not the first time CDPR has made a trans-phobic post, their intentions are more than obvious.
IF even it is ONE post which was a fucking meme making fun of SJW and not trans people. Did you just assume my gender is a answer to the social justice culture which promotes the existence of 1000 Gender types. The thought that this is transphobic is in my opinion ridiculous.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Do you honestly think that cdpr has a group of people who sit around and talk about about how much they hate trans people?

Potato777

Neo Member
It's all too much at this point. On one extreme side of the spectrum, people are dismissing it entirely, saying this is just harmless joking - it's not harmless in my opinion - whenever a joke in poor taste is made, the original idea is damaged. On the other extreme side, people are getting banned for not jumping in with the lynch-mob and for not immediately sharing the view that everyone involved with anything CDP/CDPR/GOG has done is a "shitstain" (that's an actual word used on the other forum referring to the WHOLE of CDP family). I've seen people on that other forum lumping ALL straight males into one category and assuming that all straight males are somehow to blame for this. This is harmful in other ways - it's making it a confrontation between "us" and "them", not a discussion where people are people, no matter what.
I don't really know what to do or say in the matter anymore, in the fear of offending someone somewhere. Live and let live, I guess?

petran79

Banned
More importantly, that doxxing move is or should be the breaking point between the other forum and game devs, no matter their political affiliations. This is straight up underground method

Barnabot

More importantly, that doxxing move is or should be the breaking point between the other forum and game devs, no matter their political affiliations. This is straight up underground method
That maybe is the proof of something I was thinking about Era: They don't just want rights of any sort. They just want to hunt: they want to hunt everyone they think is /was/will(be) hunting them. They want to bully the ones they think were bullying them. I feel you were not supposed to have an opinion in that forum. The are just about everything they have advertised about GAF in the migration period but now exhibiting an extreme left wing flag instead. They don't even know the meaning of both bigotry and facist words when a lot of them are acting like both of them while accusing others of the same while they're shutting down everyone else's opinion who doesn't want to be part of that hive mind.

Last edited:
That maybe is the proof of something I was thinking about Era: They don't just want rights of any sort. They just want to hunt: they want to hunt everyone they think is /was/will(be) hunting them. They want to bully the ones they think were bullying them. I feel you were not supposed to have an opinion in that forum. The are just about everything they have advertised about GAF in the migration period but now exhibiting an extreme left wing flag instead. They don't even know the meaning of both bigotry and facist words when a lot of them are acting like both of them while accusing others of the same while they're shutting down everyone else's opinion who doesn't want to be part of that hive mind.
In summary, they are all fascist cunts

mckmas8808

Banned
You seem angry and hostile. Are you lashing out because /r/incels was banned or something? Good god. As soon as I see someone say "cuck" I automatically assume they're furiously typing on the keyboard with two fingers and they are profusely breathing through the mouth.

FWIW I think that Giles should have kept that particular opinion to themselves in that secondary tweet. It automatically sends out the message that Guerilla will discriminate.

Asking different people (that aren't white straight males) to send in a resume to work for you doesn't mean you will discriminate against white straight males.

And plan tweets about it. "This'll show them good!"

Yes I do think they are planning that exact thing.

Akira1983

Banned
I know a lot of people seem to think there is a witch hunt going on related to CDPR/GOG, but the entire controversy is so easily avoidable that it makes me wonder why that tweet would even be made in the first place?

Like there are millions of ways to tweet about your PC game catalogue (including making it funny or a joke)without ripping on a twitter trend that is very relevant to actual events happening in politics affecting people that have historically been disenfranchised

Like there is a 0% chance that hashtag was used without knowing its recent origin. It’s low hanging fruit and punching down honestly so why? Like... be better than that, it’s not hard

Top Bottom