• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR's Principal Writer says Ciri's backstory could be more of a focus in Witcher 4

Airbus Jr

Banned
Ciri is great

But i wonder which one is the cannonical ending in Witcher 3

The one where shes become princess of nilfgard or with geralt

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I noticed in my recent playthrough of The Witcher 3 that there was some dialogue about Siri travelling between different worlds. She said something that sounded a lot like Cyberpunk. Might see her in CDPR's sooner than we think,

Dacon

Banned
7Yh5uvN.jpg

Idk if I could play a game as either of these ugly dorks. All the Witchers besides Vessimir were pretty whatever in design.

Make a witcher game that deals a lot more with O'Dimm.

He has earned his place as an existencial threat in the witcher universe.

Make it a personal horror story about escaping a promise of future eternal damnation from O'dimm.

Add some lovecraftian elements in the game, since O'Dimm may be an avatar of Nyarlathotep.

Weird to me that more people aren't enthusiastic about this, Ciri has always seemed super popular to me. One of my friends is obsessed with her. I never got super into the games, just the books, so I'm speaking as an outsider mainly.

Ciri is too op.

I would rather have a new character trained by Geralt or something, then they could start a new trilogy.

I think they should place it 200 years after TW3. The setting will be that due to there being so few Witchers that monsters have become a huge problem again in the continent, especially in the northern Nordling areas. The persecution of mages has left very few mages either to deal with them. Due to the monsters famine has hit major cities, since rural farming communities are constantly overrun.

Geralt breaks down and decides to try and use the trial of grasses to create new witchers which is who the new MC will be.

Lunk

She's not an amazing character. Team Marcin Blacha turned Adult Ciri into a Mary Sue. The endgame of Witcher 3 also sucks. The whole thing revolving around an off-screen accumulation of "Willpower" that mysteriously defeats or gets defeated by the ethereal enemy? Fucking horrible storytelling. Also not a satisfying implementation of choice and consequence.

Last edited:

Bogey

Banned
I like Ciri. I think her gameplay in Witcher 3 was alright too, albeit of course too overpowered.

Having said that.. I want Geralt back!!
There's such an attachment to that character. Part of me is happy for the Blood & Wine ending. But another, much bigger part of me is yelling: Get your retired ass out of that house and entertain me!

I'm very curious what they'll do, in the end. Given they are A) a profit-oriented, listed company, B) Geralt is very popular, C) Geralt is very well known and D) now even has a Netflix shown with him being the protagonist, it would be a very bold move to leave that "easy cash" on the table for a much more uncertain path. But who knows.

The problem with making Ciri a MC is they would have to de-power her. A fully powered Ciri in an entire game on her own would have issues because her powers are OP as hell.

Yup. Its the same reason nobody has been willing or able to make a good Superman game yet. I suppose if anyone can pull it off it'd be CDPR. But if even Rocksteady won't try Supes then CDPR has their work cut out for them. The mechanic of depowering is super lame and thats probably the biggest obstacle.

Weird to me that more people aren't enthusiastic about this, Ciri has always seemed super popular to me. One of my friends is obsessed with her. I never got super into the games, just the books, so I'm speaking as an outsider mainly.

The Witcher is Medieval Conan the Barbarian. He's the classic male power fantasy.

Ciri is, at best, okay, but a full 100+ hr game of her? The whole Wild Hunt part of the story was shit too tbh.

People like her because she looks nice and her actress has a voice that makes the dick hard.

Letho is a far better choice.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Nice, I would enjoy having her ass on my screen for 200+ hours. Yet, I hope it's not another meaningless prequel like RDR2.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
YES!!!! Give me Ciri baby!!! No more Witcher senses and I can "warp" (dodge) away from attacks and time travel? Hell yeah. An action RPG set in a fantasy and sci-fi universe? Yes please. Gimme, gimme, gimme. :)

It took them more than 8 years now to make Cyberpunk 2077. It will be another decade before The Witcher 4 comes out. I'll be long dead of old age by then.

Last edited:
I like Ciri but she isn’t a witcher. What’s gonna happen to all the potions and mutagens that are staple elements of the series? She can’t use signs either.

Gtafans93

I just wanna know what happened between her and Galahad. They at least slept together. then waht? did merlin come in and tell her to smeg off from there reality?

Tbh, this is so cliché. Will woman really enjoy being depicted in a game as a witch again? This is insulting, it'll get cancelled...

Would rather have a prequel not long after The Conjunction Of Spheres where I create my own witcher and get to pick the school.
Yep, but I worry about making an entry in the series work with a generic Everyman hero. Witcher is great mostly because of the strong characters and their relationships.

Bogey

Banned
YES!!!! Give me Ciri baby!!! No more Witcher senses and I can "warp" (dodge) away from attacks and time travel? Hell yeah. An action RPG set in a fantasy and sci-fi universe? Yes please. Gimme, gimme, gimme. :)

Time travel / jumps are actually an interesting point.

That is something that was probably quite difficult so far from a technical point of view, but is now more easily possible with next gen SSDs. We've already seen it in that recent PS5 trailer for Ratchet & Clank.
And let's be real, devs often like jumping onto the bandwagon of new technical capabilities, and (over)utilizing those for a while.

So that might actually be a point in favor of a Ciri-centric (or generally female/sorceress-centric, given they have their portals) game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm up for having Ciri as the main character. They should confirm the Witcher ending of W3 as canon.

They'll come up with some reason to not have her be insanely OP so that's not a problem.

I just hope Geralt appears. He could take over Vesemir's role. I will riot if Yennefer + Triss aren't in the game.

Also they should do another mission similar to Through Time and Space (I think that's the name) where we visit Night City in Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I liked Ciri but for me there can be no Witcher game without Geralt.

Man can't wait until we get to see the first screenshots of TW4. I wonder if we will see the first teaser/screenshots as soon as late 2022?

supernova8

Banned
Can't believe people got tricked into believing The Witcher is good.

I used to think it was shit and then I 'got' it at some point and now I play it quite a lot. The combat confused me at first and I'd often ragequit from being killed by that fucking Griffin in the first town. Everything was fine after that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom