• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrating 25 Years Of Final Fantasy - Fan Project

Bukana

Celebrating-25-Years.jpg

UFFSite, RPG Site and Nova Crystallis have partnered with a bunch of other Final Fantasy fan sites and fans in order to create a special celebratory digital magazine to mark the series turning a whopping 25 years old. Featuring a suite of articles offering information, memories and insight into the series, it’s a special one-off project. Check it out below, including download links to multiple formats. Enjoy!

PDF Download [Recommended] | Issuu [Recommended] | PDF Single Page Version | HTML5 Gallery | JPG Files [ZIP] | Flash SWF |

P.S. I wasn't involved in the project.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I like it.

Except referencing the Squall Is Dead "theory".... its an unfounded piece of hogwash that could have been made up for nearly every piece of fiction ever.

"Hey guys what if Cloud died when he fell down to the Church in FFVII. Everything after was weird and stuff. Aerith is an angel huh huh." See?

A lot of great GAF posters and a few mods worked on this as well. Truly a spectacular labor of love and I'll be downloading it to my iPad ASAP.

Amazing work, guys and gals.

What? No ranking? I understand why you didn't though. Not many can comprehend why Tactics will always be the best

Joking aside, this looks great. I'm reading through it now

Saw this on twitter. It's an amazing Mag that I would have gladly paid a few quid for, its quick recap on the titles reminded me of details in the games I'd forgotten like celes's beginning in the
world of ruin
in ff6 and has made me want to replay ff6 now. Thanks and well done to everyone involved!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This is the longest pdf download I have ever experienced. Edit: this is nice.

You know, if SE actually released something like this for people, I would've bought it. It's nicely put-together, though I think they're a little too nice to The After Years since that thing reeks of weird game design. :p

BocoDragon said:
Except referencing the Squall Is Dead "theory".... its an unfounded piece of hogwash that could have been made up for nearly every piece of fiction ever.
At least my Cecil is Dead theory kind of pans out. :p

Edit: When they talked about PlayOnline, they should've talked about this mess of a guide first (FF is a series of ups and downs):

ZuE75.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Awesome piece of fanwork. I've just browsed through it for now but will definitely give it a read later.

This is the longest pdf download I have ever experienced. Edit: this is nice.

You know, if SE actually released something like this for people, I would've bought it. It's nicely put-together, though I think they're a little too nice to The After Years since that thing reeks of weird game design. :p

At least my Cecil is Dead theory kind of pans out. :p

Edit: When they talked about PlayOnline, they should've talked about this mess of a guide first (FF is a series of ups and downs):

ZuE75.jpg

I'm staring at that guide right now, it's the best! Especially that part that says I should refer to PlayOnline for all the strategy I need!

Goddamn this thing is hilarious.

scy

I'd like to thank some of the older guides for making me into the "Must solve all the mechanics myself" person that I am now.

I like it.

"Hey guys what if Cloud died when he fell down to the Church in FFVII. Everything after was weird and stuff. Aerith is an angel huh huh." See?
Squall is Dead is legit!

ZuE75.jpg
Just seeing that piece of shit makes me mad.

Verendus

Banned
Man, I like FFVIII but I hate the ridiculous Squall is Dead theory. It's just nonsense. Perfect example of someone looking for something which isn't there in order to create artificial depth or complexity in a piece of work. It's a pretty damn straightforward game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was on 56K at the time when that FF9 strategy guide hit the market and I bought it.

It was the best. I loved waiting a while to download a map or having to kick people off the phone just because I needed to check for one single thing that I couldn't figure out because they didn't mention in the guide.

scy said:
I'd like to thank some of the older guides for making me into the "Must solve all the mechanics myself" person that I am now.
I think the FF9 guide was my final straw.

Though I like how the FF7 PC strategy guide made you fight the final battle yourself and didn't provide a strategy for it. It's like a whole, "I taught you how to fish, so now you've gotta fish yourself" sort of thing. And even then I didn't feel like the guides were comprehensive enough so I just ended up keeping a bunch of notebooks filled with materia equips and math (and I recently threw them away because I've memorized all that stuff now), but it was kinda fun.

Aeana

Yay, it's finally out. I'm really glad to have been able to contribute to this, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Karuto

Proud to contribute to this! I love Final Fantasy Tactics to death. =]

Excited to see what you guys have to say!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Congrats to Aeana, APZonerunner, (?)Jochan, Kagari, and any other GAFfers who contributed to this.

Edit: LOL at the special thanks section. For some reason, seeing "Duckroll" written between a whole bunch of, you know, actual human names makes it super hilarious.

TommyT

A lot of great GAF posters and a few mods worked on this as well. Truly a spectacular labor of love and I'll be downloading it to my iPad ASAP.

Amazing work, guys and gals.

Very nice indeed. Thanks everyone.

Edit: LOL at the special thanks section. For some reason, seeing "Duckroll" written between a whole bunch of, you know, actual human names makes it super hilarious.

Did a double take there as well!

Phenomic

Sometimes working in a print shop comes in handy. Totally whipped up a printed copy and it's thick as heck.

Gorgeous 32 pound glossy paper for my reading pleasure soon.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this. Just skimming it seemed like a real treat.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, congrats to everyone who worked on it. Must've taken a looooong time to coordinate it; it's a swell retrospective.

I'm more interested in this battle systems/tactics article you all have here, and I'll save that for reading later.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Will be reading this. Great work guys!

Mr. RHC

Great work! I was browsing through it and found nice review on the series and great developer introductions as well as a cool music section!

Dammit... now I feel like playing a new FINAL FANTASY game :(

FFXIVARR / LRFFXIII can't come any sooner this year ;_;

Great Great Job guys,,,, I bow to you.

CorvoSol

I like it.

What if Cecil is dead and everything after he lands in Mysidia is his dying dream? (Or did Dark Schala copyright that?)

DarkKyo

I like it.

I get your point but you gotta remember Squall did get a shard of ice the size of his heart through his heart.

Shahed

Read until the end of the FFXIV section and the interview with Yoshida. Good stuff. I like the excerpts about the people involved the most. Gonna have to leave it there for now, need some sleep!

Top Bottom