• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu, World's First Wii U Emulator, Suddenly Released

UPDATE: Cemu has come a very long way since this thread was made, so don't take this post as an indication of its current quality.

2f9d03b7cb3450507a4d170a04e8d8e6.png
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cemu-wii-u-emulator.399524/

No controller support yet (you operate games via keyboard), but it runs and renders commercial games. It's completely unoptimized, so it still has a long way to go. Regardless, this is a huge development from out of nowhere.

Quick facts:

Can run encrypted Wii U images (WUD) and RPX/RPL files
Internal resolution is 1920x1080 (if supported by game)
Contains basically no optimizations. Expect slow framerates and long load times.
Windows x64 only (other platforms may be supported later)
Requires OpenGL 3.3
Tested on NVIDIA: Runs fine on most recent driver
Tested on Intel: Garbled output but runs if OpenGL version is supported
Untested on AMD

mrlion

Welp...my prayers have been answered...a solution for my Splatoon withdrawal due to the Wii U not wanting to connect to my Belkin router.

Shun

And Wii U homebrew is going nowhere at the moment (。◕ฺˇε ˇ◕ฺ。)

Wait does the PS360 even have an emulator yet? Damn.

Robin64

1080p is only supported for the games that already do so on the Wii U proper.

Why would that suddenly be the case with the Wii U emulator when no past console emu has been stuck with that limitation?

Edit: Unless you mean right now, in which case yeah, it's still labelled as proof of concept.

Aeana

That's very impressive if it's real footage. A great start.

Why would that suddenly be the case with the Wii U emulator when no past console emu has been stuck with that limitation?

Huh? Almost every console emulator only outputs a scaled image from the system's original resolution. It's only specific recent ones that have the ability to raise the internal rendering resolution, and that's something that came later in most cases.

Top Bottom