• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO 2015 Fighting Game Tournament - June 26-28

Tripon

Mike Ross with the hard hitting questions

Kaz with that simple "Yes" reply or whatever he said. It was only only like 1 word lol

Nice diplomatic response from Kaz.

USA still not on the level of JP yet though.

What a loaded question

Way to make the interview only about the US

Should have been Rog to fight Kaz.

You aint lying.

Mike needs to step his interview skills up.

FGW| Mike Ross needs to level up his interview skills.

6g8mMJe.png

Stream monsters so salty.

Post it in the FGW thread.

Kind of true though. He's a great player but has no nerves at all. Same with Smug. The winners finals comeback was free and the grand finals wasn't even worth watching. With how Yun is and how good Rog was baiting charges and the reads he was getting, it would have been a far better match up. Even Dieminion, best patience level ever from that man.

Strider's main weakness seemed to be from his inability to block ambiguous cross-ups. Hope he can work on it for evo because other than that his Abel was the best I've ever seen; especially his anti-air game. Congrats to Kaz though.

Yun's cross up dive kick is insanely hard to block because Yun can hit you on the same side if he doesn't use a dive kick so you it's 50/50 on which side he is going on land on. It's literally pick a side and hope for the best.

Imm0rt4l

Kind of true though. He's a great player but has no nerves at all. Same with Smug. The winners finals comeback was free and the grand finals wasn't even worth watching. With how Yun is and how good Rog was baiting charges and the reads he was getting, it would have been a far better match up. Even Dieminion, best patience level ever from that man.

Bruh, did you not see smug eliminate momochi and tokido yesterday, he didn't even do that bad against kaz. He has nerves of steel.

I think a reason why America never travels to asian qualifiers is simple.

Asia's playerbase is stronger. Can you imagine the Americans having to fight people that are just a tad under mago/momochi/pepeday/daigo/nishikin's level all the way to top 8?

Likewise in America there is a CLEAR skill gap between solid player and top player.

Its just a higher risk going to Asia for qualifiers

Arturo Sanchez @nycfurby
Dakou vs velociraptor then we going to rkappa salty suite

Whoo, more salty suites!

Also, EVO is so close. It's going to be nuts.

Yun's cross up dive kick is insanely hard to block because Yun can hit you on the same side if he doesn't use a dive kick so you it's 50/50 on which side he is going on land on. It's literally pick a side and hope for the best.

It's not just this, Kazunoko was threatening with

1) 50/50 dive kicks
2) delayed dive kick to blow up crouch tech
3) command throw
4) regular throw
5) meaty normals with OS

Gustavo was looking for all these things to try and defend against. Maybe he committed to some of them and it was too late to react to a cross up dive kick. He doesn't have a DP to scare Kazunoko and that's part of the reason why this is a bad match up for Abel. When I play Yun I show no respect for Abel players on wake up or in general. Like seriously, what are they going to do beside the usual desperation EX COD. They're too scared to command throw or EX roll on wake up.

sleepykyo

Smug has the opposite problem. Like he normally doesn't stop pressing buttons with the expectation that eventually one will hit and make up for the damage taken.

It's not just this, Kazunoko was threatening with

1) 50/50 dive kicks
2) delayed dive kick to blow up crouch tech
3) command throw
4) regular throw
5) meaty normals with OS

Gustavo was looking for all these things to try and defend against. Maybe he committed to some of them and it was too late to react to a cross up dive kick. He doesn't have a DP to scare Kazunoko and that's part of the reason why this is a bad match up for Abel. When I play Yun I show no respect for Abel players on wake up or in general. Like seriously, what are they going to do beside the usual desperation EX COD. They're too scared to command throw or EX roll on wake up.
And you get that extra cr.mp with Yun against Abel because of his fat hitbox...

Vice

I think a reason why America never travels to asian qualifiers is simple.

Asia's playerbase is stronger. Can you imagine the Americans having to fight people that are just a tad under mago/momochi/pepeday/daigo/nishikin's level all the way to top 8?

Likewise in America there is a CLEAR skill gap between solid player and top player.

Its just a higher risk going to Asia for qualifiers
Money is a huge limiting factor as well. The skill gap would explain Japanese tournaments, but a player like Rog, Ricki, Smug, etc could do very well at most European majors, but can't afford to go either due to job/school schedule or lack of funding/travel budget.

Edit: the Us has a lot of players just under the highest level who would benefit from traveling and can beat the best players. Marq Teddy, XSK Samurai, Chris T and Filipinoman pop into my mind immediately.

crash-14

Damn, GAF's just full of haters, huh? You can tell what someone's like before ever meeting him and basing it on his appearances on stream where he has done...nothing.

I'm speaking towards the game. I don't think Fchamp or LTG are bad human beings, but their attitude it's clear (even if it's just act).

Will see if i'm right or wrong. If he keeps placing high obviously.

Money is a huge limiting factor as well. The skill gap would explain Japanese tournaments, but a player like Rog, Ricki, Smug, etc could do very well at most European majors, but can't afford to go either due to job/school schedule or lack of funding/travel budget

Smug isn't sponsored and has school

Ricki and Rog are sponsored by a prestigious esports team.

They choose not to go there (imo) because the risk/reward ratio isn't worth it.

Vice

Smug isn't sponsored and has school

Ricki and Rog are sponsored by a prestigious esports team.

They choose not to go there (imo) because the risk/reward ratio isn't worth it.
Ricki and Rog also work and from what I've heard is that while they're sponsored their travel budget isn't unlimited so an expensive trip to Europe or Asia could instead be used to get to a couple of U.S, Canadian or Mexican majors.

Ricki and Rog also work and from what I've heard is that while they're sponsored their travel budget isn't unlimited so an expensive trip to Europe or Asia could instead be used to get to a couple of U.S, Canadian or Mexican majors.
But Kaz and Bonchan aren't sponsored right? They make it out to a lot of events..

Top Bottom