• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cerberus Daily News going offline - future ME2 DLC pack re-confirmed

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Cerberus Daily News has posted an update clarifying it will go offline, and then go online for a week prior to the release of a new DLC pack, and then two weeks

The Cerberus Daily News will begin a hiatus on January 24th, finishing its run of one full year. Daily postings will cease except for three weeks in 2011: a week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3. The CDN team thanks fans for their attention, comments, and feedback (both in and out of character!). We are sorry to go, but we had fun -- we hope you did, too!"

Not much (nothing) to go off, but its nice to get confirmation once again that at least one more major DLC pack is on the way for Mass Effect 2.

Question is; how long will it take before we see it?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

my prediction - sometime in march-april. And the last one will be realeased in the late summer-autumn.

Having not bought any mass effect 2 DLC yet I kind of wonder if there is any point in waiting. It never goes on sale on PC and since they are releasing a PS3 version with all the DLC to date they might end up re releasing a GOTY or some such version when they finish putting out all the DLC.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sickboy007 said:
What's the release date for the PS3 version of ME2?

The 18th.

Lime

I wonder if the DLC will be as story-related as Lair of the Shadowbroker. But I bet it won't be as good.

The other thing is, I hope one's party members were more involved in whatever missions the DLC will have.

subversus

if it is the last piece of DLC I hope it's an expansion or something like that.

Rekubot

Does this mean I no longer have to wait 10 seconds for CDN to load up before I can start the campaign? Not a big deal but there's always a day every now and again when my internet is screwing up and I'm stuck on the main menu while ME2 tries to access servers it can't reach.

subversus

Rekubot said:
Does this mean I no longer have to wait 10 seconds for CDN to load up before I can start the campaign? Not a big deal but there's always a day every now and again when my internet is screwing up and I'm stuck on the main menu while ME2 tries to access servers it can't reach.

No I think you're connecting to Cerberus Network.

Redrum_82

I hope it's something set after the end of ME2 that links to the events of the third game end not some unrelated side-mission.

dejan

subversus said:
if it is the last piece of DLC I hope it's an expansion or something like that.
I was expecting an Dragon Age: Awakening like expansion for Mass Effect 2 to be at least announced in 2010. I doubt we will ever see one now that Mass Effect 3 is (supposedly) coming this year.

Lakitu

st5fu
CDN was really good. So this confirms there will only be one more DLC pack. Hopefully it's significant in length and story.

Mindlog

I really liked some of the storylines that CDN explored. I'm guessing they're about to run into ME3 events and it would be difficult continue without spoilers.

More DLC is good news. I'm betting the price is $10 again -_-

subversus

Unregistered007 said:
all of the DLC for ME2 SUCKED ASS other than "Lair of Shadow Broker".

rcol_finale_we4_9.jpg

Redrum_82 said:
I hope it's something set after the end of ME2 that links to the events of the third game
I'm sure it will take place after ME2. I hope and expect it to be as fleshed out as Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Ravidrath

The only way the Cerberus Network code-business could be worth it would be if the final DLC was free.

...Which actually seems kind of plausible, if it's an epilogue for ME2 and a prologue for the next game?

Draft

I bought the ME2 DLC when it was cheap.

Gotta say, pretty impressed. Did the Kasumi mission first. It was fun, but there wasn't a whole lot to it. I felt like it was an appropriate amount of content for my 200 points. Then I did lair of the Shadow Broker. WOW. This DLC is huge. It's basically two full combat missions with a smattering of exploration, and the new environment is down right crazy looking. They really went all out on this thing.

About halfway through Project Overlord now and it's OK. Still have... Firewalker, I think.

BTW wtf at the shadow broker being a big alien monster :lol

Dabanton

Same here i brought that cheap Xbox live DLC last week for ME2 enjoying it a lot loads of content to go through.

I did that Kasumi mission first good to have that gun she allows access to as well as her other powers.

Draft

Kasumi's a boss. She's like turbo Garrus. You'll be attacking a guy and then suddenly whoops, he's dead, ninja style.

Lakitu

st5fu
All DLC has been fantastic thus far. Hopefully it can retain that quality. Kasumi's loyalty mission is my favourite in the game, Overlord is how I want ME 3 side-quest stuff to be done and LOTSB has the best narrative flow in the whole game. Each are so good.

RedSwirl

I never kept up with the Cerberus updates after I stopped playing ME2. Does someone have them all archived somewhere?

Also hoping for some kind of GOTY edition pack or collection of all DLC, having not bought any of it yet.

subversus

The highlight of Overlord is its climax. Until then it was just an average combat dlc with impressive indoor environments. I want more stuff like this in ME3 but as they want it to be less dark I don't get my hopes high.

Hixx

If we can get another LotSB-quality DLC to whet our appetites before ME3, I can't wait.

I really, really enjoyed Shadow Broker.

Don

Has Bioware announced anything regarding a GOTY/Ultimate edition yet? I still haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet but if a GOTY edition is coming that will include all of the DLC I will probably wait until then.

Also how does all of the current DLC fit into the game? Can you play the DLC after finishing the final mission or do you need to complete it before reaching the end?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
With all due respect to the talented workers at BioWare, Ceberus Daily News was a useless waste of time and the time spent connecting to whatever authentication servers ME2 connected to caused an annoying pause on game boot. Totally awful implementation.

If there's enthusiasm for ongoing galactic lore, build it into the game this time. The main menu should be svelte and quick to use.

cornontheCoD

Neo Member
Stumpokapow said:
With all due respect to the talented workers at BioWare, Ceberus Daily News was a useless waste of time and the time spent connecting to whatever authentication servers ME2 connected to caused an annoying pause on game boot. Totally awful implementation.

If there's enthusiasm for ongoing galactic lore, build it into the game this time. The main menu should be svelte and quick to use.

I dunno, I never really cared for it, but....just go look at the news posting in the game today :lol It's great.

Pikelet

Stumpokapow said:

Yeah this is basically my experience too. It would also bug out and be unable to connect every single time i started the game, further increasing the time between booting and playing it. This is possibly the fault of my wireless internet, but this is the only game where something like this happens.

I never actually read any of it either, if ever i am in the mood to play Mass Effect 2 then i will play Mass Effect 2.

Mr_Elysia

Lair of The Shadow Broker spoilers.
Draft said:
BTW wtf at the shadow broker being a big alien monster :lol

Severely disappointing. Was hoping for Barla Von or Barla Von-type, the most interesting character we've yet seen. Thought that was why they completely disregarded him in the main game.

grkazan12

Missed out on the awesome deals for the DLC on xbla, can only pick two out of the three. I'm definitely going with Shadow Broker, it's just I don't know weather to go with Kasumi or Overlord for the other DLC???

Wallach

Stumpokapow said:

I fucking hate that pause upon booting to the main menu myself. Really stupid.

kai3345

Banned
grkazan12 said:
Missed out on the awesome deals for the DLC on xbla, can only pick two out of the three. I'm definitely going with Shadow Broker, it's just I don't know weather to go with Kasumi or Overlord for the other DLC???
If you are done with your game, get Overlord. If you are just starting, either would be fine. kasumi gives you a character you can use for the entire game, but Overlord is a really good standalone set of about 3 or 4 missions.

Draft

Mr_Elysia said:

Severely disappointing. Was hoping for Barla Von or Barla Von-type, the most interesting character we've yet seen. Thought that was why they completely disregarded him in the main game.
Someone in the "is ME2 an RPG" thread was complaining that most of the game is GET QUEST -> GO TO HALLWAY -> SHOOT OUT IN HALLWAY -> QUEST COMPLETE, which I think is a fair criticism. The end of LotSB is that aspect of ME2 exaggerated to grotesque proportions. It's like, how else could it have possibly ended? The game is so retarded :lol

Still awesome, though. GOTY.

grkazan12

kai3345 said:
If you are done with your game, get Overlord. If you are just starting, either would be fine. kasumi gives you a character you can use for the entire game, but Overlord is a really good standalone set of about 3 or 4 missions.

Hmmm. I already beat the main story a couple of months ago. Is there any news of Kasumi being used ME3?

Mr_Elysia

Draft said:
Someone in the "is ME2 an RPG" thread was complaining that most of the game is GET QUEST -> GO TO HALLWAY -> SHOOT OUT IN HALLWAY -> QUEST COMPLETE, which I think is a fair criticism. The end of LotSB is that aspect of ME2 exaggerated to grotesque proportions. It's like, how else could it have possibly ended? The game is so retarded :lol

Still awesome, though. GOTY.

It is fair. ME2 did some things right in the action streamlining and character departments. Mordin and (character spoiler)
Legion
were great new additions. I enjoyed it. But count me as among those whom prefer the first one. And I think I liked the second one because of how much I like the original. I had high hopes. I still do I suppose. I will get whatever DLC remains, and ME3 will continue to be my most awaited title. I just can't help but feel that some of the butterflies I get thinking about it are from anxiety, mixed in with those of excitement.

zam

Mr_Elysia said:

I was actually ok with the Shadow Broker being
a big strong alien, as I was expecting it to go the route of the Shadow Broker either being a frail old man/alien, tiny weak alien or a sentient AI, so I was actually surprised when I met the Shadow Broker. Also the Shadow Broker wasn't always the Yahg alien.

Really looking forward to more ME2 DLC, Overlord was ok, but I really liked the Kasumi DLC and Shadow Broker was awesome. And put me in the (apparently tiny) camp that thinks ME2 is better than ME1. Just started replaying Mass Effect 1 to finish off the achievements I have left after playing ME2 a 2nd time on Insanity last month, and I can't stand the Mako or the combat. ME2 fixed everything I didn't like about ME1 (which I loved dispite it's flaws).

Top Bottom