• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2008 MGS4 Impressions

Piper Az said:
hmm, my confusion arises from the fact that MGS4 is set in future...

They've always been set ahead of when the game actually released aside frmo MGS3 for obvious reasons.

MGS was released in 1998 but was set in 2005. MGS2 was released in 2001 but was set in 2007-2009. And now MGS4 will be released this year but is set in 2014.

Piper Az

SolidSnakex said:
They've always been set ahead of when the game actually released aside frmo MGS3 for obvious reasons.

MGS was released in 1998 but was set in 2005. MGS2 was released in 2001 but was set in 2007-2009. And now MGS4 will be released this year but is set in 2014.

well, we shall see what kind of neat weapons MGS4 will have.

World-wide sales: MGS2 (7 million) > MGS3 (3.6 million) ... MGS4 (???)

Tiduz

Eurogaime
oo Kosma oo said:
6-12 months

and then it red ringed.

GauntletFan said:
Lame.

I'd rather they target 720p and do more with the graphics. All 1080p can do is sacrifice visuals for resolution (which will not be visible for 99% of the market)

I am 1% of the market then, PS3 can do 1080P, why not make use of it. IF they pull a 1080p60fps then there is no reason to complain, since the game looks amazing enough as it is.

You wont hear me complaining if its 720P, but if its 1080P ill be even more satisfied.

Tiduz said:
Targeting 1080P, HELL YES.

Lame.

I'd rather they target 720p and do more with the graphics. All 1080p can do is sacrifice visuals for resolution (which will not be visible for 99% of the market)

KTallguy

Banned
Twix said:
it’s fucking confirmed.

YESSSS

Brandon F said:
How were the loadtimes on the 360 build?

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

GauntletFan said:
Lame.

If they hit 1080p, it will probably be scaled. Even Lair and Super Stardust HD aren't 1920x1080p.

Epix

To be fair, the Konami rep didn't seem super sure of the 1080p comment he gave me. More like "Umm...yeah......not sure if it's 1080p or 720p right now but it'll be 1080p."

Piper Az

beermonkey@tehbias said:
If they hit 1080p, it will probably be scaled. Even Lair and Super Stardust HD aren't 1920x1080p.

Agreed. The term "1080P" has been inconspicously abused by developers, esp for the PS3 exclusive games. :lol

PnCIa

Dante said:
Color grading sets a tone......Might I suggest Kameo or perhaps Halo for you pink and purple fixation?
I do not prefer a color blowout to a gritty look. Killzone looks gritty but there is still some color intensity there, MGS4 just looks too bland. (or looked...maybe they fixed it)

This thread made me realize how much the Bungie guys like to troll. I could've gone into a halo 3 thread saying it's halo 2 in HD but I didn't

Yeah it's the same level from TGS Stinkles Ohhhh Noes.

The guys from Insomniac have Waaay more class.

Trolls lol

FIREBABY

InterMoniker said:
This thread made me realize how much the Bungie guys like to troll. I could've gone into a halo 3 thread saying it's halo 2 in HD but I didn't

Its not just the bungie guys.

Piper Az

InterMoniker said:

Trolls lol

Didn't MGS4 at TGS have a great showing? Nice sliding smudge on Halo3 there, btw.

Doc Evils

I would sell my soul for MGS4. :(

GIVE ME MAH COLLECTER EDITION RYAN!!!!!1111ONEONERAWR

I really lovez Kojima Productions

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
InterMoniker said:

Trolls lol
Heh, I think he's just playing around.

Unfortunately, Halo 3 couldn't even pull off 30 fps (it was very unstable) at lower than 720p resolutions. :( Hopefully MGS4 does not end up like THAT.

oneHeero

dark10x said:

Unfortunately, Halo 3 couldn't even pull off 30 fps (it was very unstable) at lower than 720p resolutions. :( Hopefully MGS4 does not end up like THAT.
No game of that magnitude should end up like THAT. :lol

jet1911

InterMoniker said:

Trolls lol

Tell us how you really feel.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
What stopped you?
It's pointless all it does it get people riled up.
h3ro said:
Yeah, but if you said that, you'd be lying...

600p FTW
dark10x said:

Halo 3 2 HD is a lie! :lol

Dante

Elbrain said:
So yeah come on Konami bust out with a demo come on!!!! I want one.

Just the gameplay demonstartion section would suffice, think of all the different ways you could play that section, especially after viewing it so many times :)

dark10x said:

dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps
(Today, 08:17 PM)
Reply | Quote

I have been waiting this game for years now, and its one of the few I'm really hyped about. I have played previous installments to death and I'm pretty sure this will be my personal #1 of 2008.

Some devs don't even reach 720p, let alone 1080, so I really appreciate that Kojipro are aiming for 1080p.
too subtle?

Top Bottom