• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES 2020 [OT] Tech Tock, Next-Gen is coming

Shin

Banned
If those CPU's are apples to apples comparison then you'd be a thief of your own wallet to buy an Intel.

CJY

Banned
just wishful thinking, but I'm convinced PS5 will have a 16C/32T processor. Sony have been on 8 cores since PS3.

AMD are pushing for more and more cores, and more advanced consoles pushes the baseline of PCs. I can't help but feel that going with 8 cores again in consoles stunts technological progress.

Probably not going to happen anyway. 8 cores is probably enough.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

If those CPU's are apples to apples comparison then you'd be a thief of your own wallet to buy an Intel.

It's pretty dumb that the new Mac Pro still uses Intel, misses PCI-e 4.0, misses a post Skylake architecture, misses this multicore domination. I guess they weren't going to divert to AMD for a one time thing if the long term game is going in-house.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Conference thoughts:

New Ryzen laptops : Neat
New GPU: Meh
Smartshift: OK, I guess
Threadripper 3990X: Yum

Last edited:

Banned
so yeah... that was kinda lame... I mean that Threadripper is the only really interesting thing they showed, and that's for professional users.

the most interesting part of this conference was that you could see the Xbox from the back showing 2 HDMi and 2 USB-C ports (along with LAN and optical audio)

Last edited:
just wishful thinking, but I'm convinced PS5 will have a 16C/32T processor. Sony have been on 8 cores since PS3.

AMD are pushing for more and more cores, and more advanced consoles pushes the baseline of PCs. I can't help but feel that going with 8 cores again in consoles stunts technological progress.

Probably not going to happen anyway. 8 cores is probably enough.

They've already stated it is an 8 core/16 thread CPU in the PS5.

Reactions: CJY
TV, TV, TV

Playstation 5. All in one, input one.

V3ZpBye.gif

Raploz

The only thing i'm expecting from Sony conference today is a teaser. I don't think they will reveal the console today.

Banned
they only talked about stuff that basically almost on the market. so if they announce stuff only close to release we could still see a big RT GPU announcement at E3 that releases a month or so later

I could see a physical ps5 reveal but that's it similar to Xbox Series X with no super concrete details or games really. Maybe 1 title but doubtful.

Top Bottom