• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 7 |OT| Chooooklahoma, where the Cyclones come wrecking up the plains

ryseing

DLvTAxDUQAAC4kv.jpg

Tennessee students, Butch needs you for leadership reps.

Also a more than zero chance that UCF will be wearing Citronaut uniforms on Saturday night. At the very least, there will be a "space" theme and "mission" patches are being incorporated like an Apollo mission or something.

tebunker

Banned
Woof. Those are looking really bad as well.

I wonder if these schools just take whatever shit decisions Nike throws at them for alts or if they actually put in some legit thought and input.

I am generally okay with alt unis but not when they look like really piss poor hunting gear.

tebunker

Banned

I love how delusional fanbases think that they are a better destination than 'X' school. Everyone needs a little humble pie.

Texas has been taking the brunt, always loved the 'Saban is coming to Austin' takes and now you have UM fans thinking they could get Nick to leave Alabama.

Look, Bama had to live through Dubose, Fran , Price amd Mike Shula to realize we weren't truly a destination anymore. It took devine providence that Nick was sick of the NFL and looking for a job not too far from his Home on the lake. Miss Terry really made the decision here.

Sadly it seems other school fanbases need to eat some humble pie too.

Quietly hoping it was/is sarcasm but having met enough UM people I am not convinced.

Nialrot

Also a more than zero chance that UCF will be wearing Citronaut uniforms on Saturday night. At the very least, there will be a "space" theme and "mission" patches are being incorporated like an Apollo mission or something.

I would do dirty things for a Citronaut replica jersey. I had a t-shirt artist stitch on the Citronaut to a white Columbia. Looks really good!

I would do dirty things for a Citronaut replica jersey. I had a t-shirt artist stitch on the Citronaut to a white Columbia. Looks really good!

Yeah I have one bootleg a friend made from a few years ago, one from a UCF giveaway, and one from the bookstore. I just hope that if it is a full jersey, it's done correctly lol. Although it might be hard to pull off a primary orange/green color scheme since we wouldn't want to be associated with Miami.

One of those shirts is a darker gray, with black and gold in the background, and the Citronaut in the front. Works pretty well - so maybe it would be something like that.

Wouldn't want a Gata situation here, of course!

You know what, I'm actually just really happy we're trying different for once. I've been getting tired of that Gator script for a while now so I'm digging the helmet. The Gator skin not the best choice though

Dude yeah, remember we mentioned how we both hate the fucking cursive?

I LOVE this helmet; just wish it was blue.

The rest is whatever but we need that helmet in blue god damn it.

Lunar15

Dude yeah, remember we mentioned how we both hate the fucking cursive?

I LOVE this helmet; just wish it was blue.

The rest is whatever but we need that helmet in blue god damn it.

I'll defend the cursive script until my death. That said, I'm actually perfectly fine with one-off special uniforms/helmets.... just, I dunno, pick better colors next time.

ag-my001

Not to defend Baylor here, but before anyone jumps on the Baylor hate train, this happens in every major college in the country and if you don't think so, you're nuts.
Yeah, someone needs to make a gif of Casablanca for the "I am shocked- shocked- to find that gambling is going on in here!" bit. Perfect for these sorts of things.

“Surprise” drug tests. They’ll give you a date weeks in advance and they’ll say “sometime during this day you will be drug tested, but we won’t tell you what time of day so it will be a surprise!”

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Not to defend Baylor here, but before anyone jumps on the Baylor hate train, this happens in every major college in the country and if you don't think so, you're nuts.

Most other schools don't have their ex-players selling them out while in the middle of a thousand investigations, though.

jjasper

If Butch somehow blows Bama out this season would that save his job?
I mean it depends does he win the rest of his games? If so yes. But even beating Bama losing to South Carolina Vandy Kentucky or Missouri will most likely end him.

Looks like Kirby's mantra of "make the other team quit" is working well.

This is more likely Butch lied to a kid while recruiting him/in the offseason kind of thing like Hurd last year. But since Gerogia is one of my favorite teams now sure they can claim it.

ag-my001

Situations for which Sumlin should stay:

1) 10-2 record
2) 9-3 record
3) 8-4, but with wins over LSU and Florida

Situations for which Sumlin should be left at the airport:

1) Loss to either Ole Miss or our late season cream puff.

Alabama is once again dead last in penalties called against opponents. Best talent in the country but our receivers are never interfered with and our pass rushers are never held. Shit is insane.

Situations for which Sumlin should stay:

1) 10-2 record
2) 9-3 record
3) 8-4, but with wins over LSU and Florida

Situations for which Sumlin should be left at the airport:

1) Loss to either Ole Miss or our late season cream puff.

Sumlin should be good. This is about the time the team packs it in, but they're showing a lot of fight the last two weeks. I think he beats Florida and at least one of LSU/Auburn, if not both.

Top Bottom