• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 7 |OT| Chooooklahoma, where the Cyclones come wrecking up the plains

Situations for which Sumlin should stay:

1) 10-2 record
2) 9-3 record
3) 8-4, but with wins over LSU and Florida

Situations for which Sumlin should be left at the airport:

1) Loss to either Ole Miss or our late season cream puff.

8-4 + a bowl loss would be exactly where y'all have ended up the past 4 or 5 seasons though. An 8-5 record is what Sumlin was given the ultimatum to improve upon

Does Butch consider the coaching job he's done this year a leadership rep in lieu of actually producing results?

lmfaaaaaooooooo what the fuck do this nigga be talking about bro

ag-my001

8-4 + a bowl loss would be exactly where y'all have ended up the past 4 or 5 seasons though. An 8-5 record is what Sumlin was given the ultimatum to improve upon
Our last few coaches were let go / "resigned" before the bowl game. I figure whatever decision will be made happens after game 12.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

They say that about every team though. I heard through same line on ESPNU radio about Arky.

At some point everyone can't have 8 wins. I think it's more established in the SEC East that Vandy is the bottom tier and Kentucky is a basketball school. Someone has to be those two teams in the West though.

Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, Ole Miss ect... can't all be good to great in the same year.

At some point it's like how good can everyone be even if you throw money at a new coach?

This article with some of Gary Andersen's texts is kinda nuts. Seems pretty clear now my "player unrest" theory was off base. More like a toxic staff atmosphere.

His implied criticism of P.J. Fleck is spot on though.

those text got me like

Ok-then-look-away.gif

Slo

PJ Fleck is a shameless self promoter, but I would give exactly zero fucks about that if he builds the program through recruiting.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
PJ Fleck 0-2 in the B10. Keep giving scholarships to kickers. Newsflash PJ Fleck still overrated - Arash

#Rashem

Karl2177

So apparently after the OSU game Darnold said USC's offense is too predictable. Then he claimed to have apologized to his coaches which Clay Helton refutes.

Things going south in the Southland.

Couldn't watch any games last weekend, due to a funeral. Someone close enough that checking scores on the low would have been a really shitty thing to get caught doing.

It was probably for the best, anyway. Are we saying Ed O is back and worth that fat check now? Blah.

Maybe. He had his issues at Georgia but beating Tech wasn't one of them. He was 13-2.

Heather Dinich has a look at what the CFP committee has looked for in the past and how things are looking at the present time. Not looking so great for Wiscy or Ohio State.

Think I was thinking of 2014, which I think is the last time he played them. Or did he finish the season in '15?

Ohio State win out and they're in. Still don't know that that's likely, but I'm not sure where the loss would come from. Pedo State is looking more and more like fool's gold to me, and I never had Michigan pegged to give Ohio State a game this year. I think they get in.

The last spot is pretty much gonna come down to the Pac-12 champ vs the Big XII one...and maybe even a one-loss Bama or UGA, depending on sufficient chaos.

Also, eww, Heather Dinich

andycapps

Think I was thinking of 2014, which I think is the last time he played them. Or did he finish the season in '15?

Ohio State win out and they're in. Still don't know that that's likely, but I'm not sure where the loss would come from. Pedo State is looking more and more like fool's gold to me, and I never had Michigan pegged to give Ohio State a game this year. I think they get in.

The last spot is pretty much gonna come down to the Pac-12 champ vs the Big XII one...and maybe even a one-loss Bama or UGA, depending on sufficient chaos.

Also, eww, Heather Dinich
Everyone in the industry always talks about how she's one of the biggest experts, if there is such a thing, on the playoff committee.

What the playoff committee looks for in a flow chart:

Will this team bring in lots of money -----Yes?----In!
|
|
No?
|
|
Out!

Sad but true

Questions for the podcast tonight?

Alabama's come in dead last in penalties called against opponents they've played for the last couple of years now. I don't think it's any sort of conspiracy, but I am curious what other people think might be the cause of that.

Also, how do you guys feel about playoff expansion? I'm of a mind that we don't need a quarterfinal when conference championship weekend is pretty much that already, but I'd like to know where each of you stands on the subject.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Alabama's come in dead last in penalties called against opponents they've played for the last couple of years now. I don't think it's any sort of conspiracy, but I am curious what other people think might be the cause of that.

3 of the last 4 years, Alabama's in the bottom 10 of that stat category. Only 2015 was it middle of the pack, which is actually a lie, they came in #102, and was in the bottom 30.

Other SEC schools are down there often as well, which could possibly mean the SEC refs just don't call shit on anyone.

Lunar15

Why aren't more people talking about the most important story in college football anymore?

Jim McElwain humped a shark.

I wish he had just fucking come out and owned it. Like "fuck yeah I fucked a shark we're gonna win the national championship!"

Top Bottom