• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Change gender was yesterday, today we change age!

God Enel

A 69-year-old pensioner who says he has the body of a 45-year-old is taking action to legally change his age to improve his job prospects and luck with women on Tinder.

Dutch entrepreneur Emile Ratelband is hoping he will be able to change his date of birth from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969 after his doctors said he had the body of someone more than 20 years younger than himself.
He argues if transgender people are legally allowed to change their sex then he should be allowed to change his age.
The self-help guru - who described himself as a "young god" - is taking action against his local authority after it refused to change his age on official documents.
Mr Ratelband told De Telegraaf: "You can change your name. You can change your gender. Why not your age? Nowhere are you so discriminated against as with your age."
The entrepreneur said his legal age affected his employment opportunities as well as his love life.

He said: "When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work.
"When I'm on Tinder and it says I'm 69, I don't get an answer. When I'm 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position."
Mr Ratelband, a media personality in his home country, said he would give up his pension if the courts ruled in his favour.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-69-w...yW3PjELVlOEGI5IM09WBuWSnrnpilFQzRmJU2iZbzMyGg

I don't know what to say. Imho its hilarious.

What does gaf think about it?

Change my age if old. (or move to politics)

I think there’s a discussion about this already going on.

This reminds me of the 49 year old dude who can identified as a 10 year old girl.

It’s nonsense. Joe Rogan called this, that people would take advantage of progressive liberal ideals and try to force people to accept absolute nonsense. Transitioning from male to female is great, go for it, but that’s where the line needs to be drawn. You can’t just make everyone around you abide by your “play pretend” fantasy.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
eventually may science will enable us to use technology to prolong our lives just as we use technology to change body chemistry through hormones. i do think these two are somewhat related, that we are headed towards some technology-driven post-human or trans-human existence, etc. but so many people are jumping the gun and think we already live in the future.

MayauMiao

Using identity politics it actually make sense. If people are allowed to change gender, then they are certainly allowed to change age, as stupid as it sounds but that's identity politics for you!

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I identify as having a 9 inch penis

9 inch penis trapped in the body of a 7 inch penis

Last edited:

Pejo

I think there’s a discussion about this already going on.

This reminds me of the 49 year old dude who can identified as a 10 year old girl.

It’s nonsense. Joe Rogan called this, that people would take advantage of progressive liberal ideals and try to force people to accept absolute nonsense. Transitioning from male to female is great, go for it, but that’s where the line needs to be drawn. You can’t just make everyone around you abide by your “play pretend” fantasy.
Not trying to antagonize, but I'm really curious, why do you draw the line at gender transitioning? If you take that idea out of 2018 and put it in even 1999, do you not think that it would have sounded just as absurd from a public perspective?

Top Bottom