• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Change is scary but don’t give up! (job related)

Mediking

I’ve been knowing for a few weeks now that my job was gonna transfer me to a new location and it’s been freaking me out. I just dreaded the thought of working at a different place because that previous location was so close to home and I enjoyed working there. I was so COMFORTABLE at my old location.

Well, last night was the night I finally got transferred to the new location and I’m happy to say…

Things went great!

My paycheck is gonna explode in cash because of my new work hours, I met some new people who I think are cool, and it turned out some of my associates from my previous job location ACTUALLY got transferred to the new location with me so it’s really nice to see a familiar face in a new area.

I just wanted to make a thread for people who are afraid of change to not give up and be welcome to whatever new might happens. :)

But the biggest downside is that the job is super far away from home which means more gas money and more figuring out how to dodge traffic. That is something I do not like at all. ;_;

Luminaire

I’ve been knowing for a few weeks now that my job was gonna transfer me to a new location and it’s been freaking me out. I just dreaded the thought of working at a different place because that previous location was so close to home and I enjoyed working there. I was so COMFORTABLE at my old location.

Well, last night was the night I finally got transferred to the new location and I’m happy to say…

Things went great!

My paycheck is gonna explode in cash because of my new work hours, I met some new people who I think are cool, and it turned out some of my associates from my previous job location ACTUALLY got transferred to the new location with me so it’s really nice to see a familiar face in a new area.

I just wanted to make a thread for people who are afraid of change to not give up and be welcome to whatever new might happens. :)

But the biggest downside is that the job is super far away from home which means more gas money and more figuring out how to dodge traffic. That is something I do not like at all. ;_;

Grats on it all going smoothly.

To the bolded....this happened to me. I went from driving 8 miles to and from work at my old job to now driving 45 miles a day. Sometimes I'll spend an hour driving home due to traffic. My advice would be to take alternate routes home whenever possible, like learn new ones that a GPS wont show you, which means studying a map or getting something like WAZE.

Mediking

Thanks you guys!

Grats on it all going smoothly.

To the bolded....this happened to me. I went from driving 8 miles to and from work at my old job to now driving 45 miles a day. Sometimes I'll spend an hour driving home due to traffic. My advice would be to take alternate routes home whenever possible, like learn new ones that a GPS wont show you, which means studying a map or getting something like WAZE.

Thanks for this. Definitely gonna hafta figure out better ways to get from work and home now.

Same OP, I just started my new job last week and felt overwhelmed but now getting everything down. I'm going to be making big money soon.

Top Bottom