• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Changes to Youtube

GeekyDad

It seems like maybe yesterday or the day before I started seeing some minor changes to the video presentation (buttons, etc.), and then I noticed while prepping my meal yesterday morning, I would only get a few seconds preview when scrolled over a video. Just the day before and every other time, I could listen to the whole video (I like to listen to relaxing music while I make my salad) just by scrolling over the preview. It was a nice way of bypassing the ads. Seems like Youtube finally is doing something about that.

Anyone notice any other noteworthy changes?

GeekyDad

Most of my Youtube viewing is on mobile so I can’t really say even they did change it.
Yeah, since I'm on LOA right now, I haven't really used YT on my phone. I could also do the same thing, though, on my phone while on my lunch break. I'll have to test it out. But in the mornings, I use my PS3 as a kind of YT stereo (my wife and I also use it to watch stuff on Prime).

Last edited:

Valedix

I've noticed the UI changed to something that was like all the thumbnails and images all curved, but looks like now they reverted back to original.

GeekyDad

Well, I'm right now watching the Lincoln doc (A House Divided), and there doesn't seem to be an option to add to Watch Later or anything like that. Now, that might just be a new option that the publisher has oversight over. Not sure, but that would really suck if they did away with the Watch Later thing and watch lists altogether.

ChazAshley

Gold Member
Well, I'm right now watching the Lincoln doc (A House Divided), and there doesn't seem to be an option to add to Watch Later or anything like that. Now, that might just be a new option that the publisher has oversight over. Not sure, but that would really suck if they did away with the Watch Later thing and watch lists altogether.
Sometimes if the video has the setting "Made for Kids" you can't save nor share the video. Is that the case?

Saber

Gold Member
I use from my phone and sometimes it appears cheesy, like its trying to look all cool but its pretty lame and not so functional, with no substance. Guess they are going for the modern zoomers nowadays.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yt is a shell of itself.

People being scared and measuring every single word for fear of being demonitized, if there is something that the woke crowd really fucked up is youtube.

Also what the fuck is the deal with not showing even the little drop of blood or violent stuff or even words related to violence to not be demonitized?

And i can't even write a comment with bitch or some other spicy words? Dafuq?

Hiding the dislike was like the tamest thing they did...

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Yt is a shell of itself.

People being scared and measuring every single word for fear of being demonitized, if there is something that the woke crowd really fucked up is youtube.

Also what the fuck is the deal with not showing even the little drop of blood or violent stuff or even words related to violence to not be demonitized?

giphy.gif

ChazAshley

Gold Member
Yt is a shell of itself.

They can't even get their own standards correct. One of my favorite Youtubers Summoning Salt had all this drama (he eventually just decided to reupload the video) Would love to have someone buy out Youtube rather than Twitter/Parler. etc. Sadly, probably won't happen.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What's the difference? the creators are still gonna make one version of every video.
You can curate your stuff better, more control over your lists and arrangements, and best of all... ad bombardment free (which you can customize as well if you want to see the in video sponsors for things you may be interested in).

Oh, and the changes YT constantly tests on the public, like in the OP, are usually not impacted on ST app.

GymWolf

You can curate your stuff better, more control over your lists and arrangements, and best of all... ad bombardment free (which you can customize as well if you want to see the in video sponsors for things you may be interested in).

Oh, and the changes YT constantly tests on the public, like in the OP, are usually not impacted on ST app.
Not to sound rude, but i honestly don't give a damn about any of that, i don't cure(?) nor i have lists or arrangements, i'm not even sure what those words means :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Ads don't bother me that much.

I just want old youtube without bullshit rules for creators.

Top Bottom