• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff6851

They're expecting and are looking for overwhelming pushback. The point is these types thrive off of pissing off liberals and "SJWs".

They have no real power or number in a city like Charlottesville anyway. Its a call for a controversial reaction from a mostly liberal town which will draw eyes to them and perhaps validation and sympathy through that reaction for being the little guy outnumbered by society. Thats their goal.

They do that online and no one can do anything about it. Now people will show up with weapons and they'll run just like the did in STL and other cities and never show their faces again.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is this some attempted Fackelzug.

What idiots. Maybe tomorrow they'll start painting JUDE and star of davids on local businesses.

t0va

I can't believe this is happening. America is literally reversing. We shun diversity, science, and intellect. WTF is going on!?

Nothing has changed. The sentiment this rally represents has always been present in parts of our country, it's just out in the open now.

We're in an ideological civil war; Globalism/progressivism vs. nationalism/white supremacy.

Armadilo

Banned
guess the real rally begins tomorrow and this was just a warm up for that, Mod should update if I don't get a chance.

So what happened right now -

city council vote to remove the confederate monument spurred tonight's Nazi torch march and tomorrow's white supremacist rally

Bakercat

"Get your tiki torches! Wanna spread white nationalism, but can't seem to figure out how to express that rage by creating basic tools of survival? Then you've come to the right place! Come get your tiki torches folks!"

giphy.gif

I thought we weren't calling them alt-right anymore?

They are white supremacist terrorist

Should be on a terrorist watch list.

Edit LMAO tiki torches?

God I wish the Confederate leaders were actually dealt with properly at the time and hung from the gallows or shot by firing squad.

We really fucked up reconstruction.

mjp2417

Banned
How can they expect anyone to take them seriously when they're using tiki torches.

It makes a certain amount of sense. The defining quality of the Trump era has been the weird mixture of naked malevolence and total buffoonery. White supremacists invoking the KKK with fucking tiki torches fits right in.

So has the point been made that no one really needs to see a weekly hour long HBO drama about if the Confederate states had won and kept chattle slavery until present day with sympathetic slave owners n shit?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Fuck it man grab some mai tais and some Les Baxter records and join the party.

Everyone I know in Charlottesville (co-workers, I do remote work for UVa) will be extremely happy when the statue is removed and the protesters and counter-protesters leave. edit: They also made my wife's life very difficult this week because of a state police project she had to manage.

@maxsparber
"We will not be replaced," says group where you could swap one for the other and nobody would notice.

DHAAVfgUAAAoSQG.jpg

the best way to not be "replaced" is to look like you've touched a living human woman

Dishwalla

Banned
Love some aspects of the South and all, but there are still lots of problems to iron out. Lots. Feels weird to think this is only roughly 4 hours from my present location.

UberTag

Terrorists
Back in the days of Ruby Ridge, Waco and Timothy McVeigh they used to be rightfully called terrorists. Now they've infested Reddit, Facebook, Fox News, Breitbart, the military, the church, the police, the NRA and every level of US government. They're now emboldened and consider themselves American patriots and have an unparalleled social media presence with which to wage terror.

Not

Banned
What if the white supremacist South was still around and had power???

My brain is reeling from the narrative possibilities

So I see the state of Kekistan is progressing.
Apparently there are two alt factions now that hates Jews and likes the kkk, the other prefers nationalists who dress up from a brooks brothers catalog and hide the extremism more.
Trump disavowal in 10 9 8 -infinity

Sunster

They're expecting and are looking for overwhelming pushback. The point is these types thrive off of pissing off liberals and "SJWs".

They have no real power or number in a city like Charlottesville anyway. Its a call for a controversial reaction from a mostly liberal town which will draw eyes to them and perhaps validation and sympathy through that reaction for being the little guy outnumbered by society. Thats their goal.

if you ignore them they just continue to work and build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom