• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
typicla Fringe-Left nonesense.

"uhh uhhuhuhuhuh moderates are sympathaizers" nonense

undecideds are morons,
in life, you pick a side, you pick a team, you pick a path. Undecideds who flip between parties are just morons

My rights and other PoC's rights are not a joke or up for compromise.

I thought I read he was in jail for 2nd degree murder and got out on bail but I guess that's his current charges. That would have been fucked up.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Undecided voters at election time just for starters. As far as GAF, the "listen to them, debate them, this is why Trump won, so much for the tolerant left, etc" crowd. I mean for christs sake what do you think the whole Boogie "isn't the middle a great place to be" thing is exactly?

Undecided voters as well as one issue voters who ignore everything else are just idiots. The Boogies are not actual moderates, they are usually haters who are just a bit better at hiding it behind playing the devil's advocate. Most of the American Boogies actually voted for Trump going by the huge number of votes he got.

Audioboxer

FAIR.org | For Media, Driving Into a Crowd of Protesters Is a ‘Clash’

Washington Post, Boston Globe, AOL News, The Hill, BBC and Sky News UK describe today's events not as a terrorist driving into a crowd of people but rather as a "clash".

The New York Times pushes the ridiculousness further and places blame on an inanimate object.

The UK media doesn't report something as a terrorist attack until the police do. We go through the same thing in each UK terror attack thread and you can check them or ask fellow UK GAF. It gets reported as an incident until police state suspected terror attack, then it's reported as that, before finally being called a terror attack. It's the fault of your police and Government here if they do not recognise this as a terror attack not the UK media.

Which is damning of your police and Government. The UK had a van attack on Muslims and had no issue calling it a terror attack once the police stated it as so. Although we did have the usual few hours of "why is this not being called a terror attack?!". Usually it takes a few hours until police arrest and/or decipher intent and motive.

Armaros

they should be focusing attention on the rotten Far-Right, Right and Alt-Right instead

mlk-cfw.jpg

dreamfall

Domestic terrorism.

Nazi.

Ku Klux Klan.

This president refuses to utter any of these phrases, and any attempt at leadership is completely avoided. Were the counter protesters killed and injured less American than his racist, White Supremacist supporters? It's infuriating, and not the least bit surprising.

This is why I can't stand current YouTube culture/the community, that entire community down just feels like one steep slope down to bottom of the barrel content, I've been maintaining for awhile and trying to explain to people that by supporting these channels that they're helping to cultivate the next generation of rightwingers that are going to be actively fighting against you/general progress.

I can't even stand to see a Phillip Defranco or H3H3 thumbnail amongst many other content creators who while not necessarily being "alt- right" I can't help but associate with the general attitude and journey towards.

Yep.

YouTubers want all the fame but want to fall back on we're just normal nobodies leave us alone when shit his the fan.

Many are cowards, many might as well be in a cult the way they rally around each other no matter what.

Should they though? Sincere question.

No.

Not really.

This case especially because a reason for the removal of permit was safety and security concerns...

ACLU said nope and fought it and low and behold who was right.

I get why they do it but yeah if they want to continue this path they need to not pretend like they aren't helping these people when shit goes bad.l

When will people realize that these people are essentially racially motivated terrorists inviting you to increase the divide between them the rest of society. They must be publicly denounced, but they will not be swayed by counter protest, rallies such as this are an invitation for to spread hatred and violent conflict that will bring them a sense of self-importance, from outraged counter protest and shocked media coverage. Such attention gives credibility and satisfaction to what they're doing.

They got the President to speak on the matter without even condemning them, while all of their enemies are pissed. Mission accomplished.

No.

Not really.

This case especially because a reason for the removal of permit was safety and security concerns...

ACLU said nope and fought it and low and behold who was right.

I get why they do it but yeah if they want to continue this path they need to not pretend like they aren't helping these people when shit goes bad.l

Fair enough..

broz0rs

I'm an Asian-Am male, and I have so much rage observing this shit from my home in Bay Area Cali. I honestly don't know how black folks were able to deal with this shit peacefully during the 50s and 60s when it was obviously much much worse.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
FAIR.org | For Media, Driving Into a Crowd of Protesters Is a ‘Clash'

Washington Post, Boston Globe, AOL News, The Hill, BBC and Sky News UK describe today's events not as a terrorist driving into a crowd of people but rather as a "clash".

The New York Times pushes the ridiculousness further and places blame on an inanimate object.

They even make it sound like the white nationalists were the victims of it, other than BBC. I don't understand why those places sometimes have good content, but never have good headlines. In a world where people mostly only read the headlines, those headlines need to tell the story.

Fair enough..

I mean don't get me wrong the ACLU is still incredibly important and should continue the amazing work they do but it can't be ignored that this could have been avoided had the ACLU concurred that there was safety concerns that override the 1st amendment. They didn't and low and behold those security concerns were 100% accurate.

D i Z

But we need to get away from identity politics and work on courting these people with flowers, platforms for debate and kind words. They hate identity politics, but seem to be so mired in them that all they want to do is kill for them.

Watched dude get that beating and they broke all of the flags on him, then watched him stumble and fall twice as they circled again before the video ended.

Don't skip leg day bruhs.

I mean don't get me wrong the ACLU is still incredibly important and should continue the amazing work they do but it can't be ignored that this could have been avoided had the ACLU concurred that there was safety concerns that override the 1st amendment. They didn't and low and behold those security concerns were 100% accurate.

Again, I don't know that I want to argue that point. Y'all calling it out have the right to, no doubt. Hey, look! We're not a hive mind!!! 😃

III-V

those dapper fascists. Always getting into trouble. But #notalldapperfashists

Could you imagine if that scene was reversed and instead it was 4 black men with clubs beating a young white male while no one around helped? These men would have been skewered.

Shameful outing from the Charlottesville police dept.

Yeah, it doesn't even sound like something the ACLU should be saying at all even if it was true...

That tweet was from a white supremacist sympathizer, no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom