• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-CHASE- Unsolved Cases Division announced (ex-CING staff, 3DS eShop)

GSR

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/chase_tooikioku/

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201603110050/

VfYbIFo.jpg
dDwczr1.jpg

Teaser site opened today, spring 2016 release. "Hard-boiled" adventure game directed by Taisuke Kanasaki (Another Code/Hotel Dusk) with other former Cing staff also working on it. Published by Arc System Works.

Teaser site said:
"Was it an accident? Or was it something more...?"
With a single phone call, an ancient case once again begins to move.

The guy on the right looks like a pallette swap of Kyle Hyde.

Really excited for this. I hope it's localized.

I've played both the first Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk but need to play the PAL versions of their sequels.

Mivey

A spiritual sequel to "Kyle Hyde"-Saga would be sweet. Maybe they should also think about releasing on more platforms, unless this is a Nintendo funded thing. Don't want them to go bankrupt again.

Stalk

Short haired Rachel and Hyde.

I wasn't too blown away by last window but I enjoyed Hotel Dusk, be interesting to see what they do next. The art style was always cool.

Kyonashi

EX-CING STAFF?

LOOKS LIKE KYLE HYDE??

I literally do not know how to deal with this, there's a Cing shaped hole in my heart.

Great news. CING was absolutely amazing in nailing characters, plot and dialogues; I can see a series on the eShop where cases are sold separately.

ash_ag

Music sounds like Satoshi Okubo. This is good.

Do we know is Rika Suzuki is involved?

Do we know if Nintendo approached them yet for Another Code 3?

I need answers.

I'm in for a spiritual successor/off-brand Kyle Hyde. I hope that team works on their puzzle design, though, because I found both of those games extremely frustrating to actually play, particularly the sequel.

GSR

I need answers.

Music is very Okubo, but no other specific staff announced yet unfortunately.

I have no idea if AC3 is even in the realm of possibility at this point. How do the rights for that and Hotel Dusk shake out, anyway...?

Music is very Okubo, but no other specific staff announced yet unfortunately.

I have no idea if AC3 is even in the realm of possibility at this point. How do the rights for that and Hotel Dusk shake out, anyway...?

I do think the rights are Nintendo's and this game looks like another "non-X" example, like The Legend of Legacy wasn't SaGa and Existed Archive wasn't Valkyrie Profile.

ash_ag

Pretty sure they are fully Nintendo-owned even though Cing was a third party to Nintendo.

Rika Suzuki and other Cing members opened a book company called Bellwood, where they write novels and wish good morning.

L~A

Ok Arc System Works. Just tell me the place. I'll perform all the human sacrifices you need to see that localised. Even if we don't know anything about the game :p

So, you're telling me there's a chance?

YvL3pmh.gif

Alas... since Nintendo owns the IP, and doesn't really seem interested in that kind of game anymore now that the "Touch Generation" thing is over, the chance of a third entry are extremely low. Oh well, at least the series didn't end on a cliffhanger or anything, and actually had a pretty satisfying ending.

I need answers.

I doubt Rika Suzuki is involved at all, that would definitely be mentioned in the article.

As for the music, 100% certain it's Satoshi Okubo now.

MayMay

Banned
:O

Hotel Dusk and the sequel are my favourite DS games. A spiritual successor by ex-CING staff... wow. I'm so excited.

Rymuth

Sounds great, I'm there if they localize it.
Ok Arc System Works. Just tell me the place. I'll perform all the human sacrifices you need to see that localised. Even if we don't know anything about the game :p
You should've been first post. I am disappoint, son.

I don't believe Suzuki's involved with CHASE but that would be just the greatest thing. Right now she works at Bellwood doing a wide variety of contract work. Meanwhile this looks great and hopefully can provide a fun investigation procedural story, and it better get localized.

watershed

Banned
I hope this gets localized. I never thought we'd see a Cing game ever again. This is as close as it gets, in everything but name.

ah man, this looks good.

that music on the official page...
jeepers.

I would love this, for that matter, I would also love an eShop release of Trace Memory 2, but I don't think I'll get either of them. Would love to be wrong.

hyperventilating_fry_futurama.gif

What is it with AWESOME announcement this week?
Just give this game to me! Hotel Dusk and Last Window were AWESOME games and I mourned the day CING went bankrupt. So glad some leftover staff are continuing their legacy.

This game needs to come over, so I can buy it with every 3DS that I own.

takoyaki

Looks great, I like the sound of "Hard-Boiled Adventure Game"; Sound like this will be a gritty detective VN.

Can't access the page at the moment, is it still take on me style?

Cel shaded 3D models that look a bit like the characters from Hotel Dusk, but not black and white take on me style.

Fady K

CING??? Oh man, it's been FOREVER since I've heard that beautiful name. So happy to see a new game by former staff pop up...about damn time. Day one if localized.

FerozElMejor

Neo Member
I really need the third game of Kyle Hyde to end the saga or something, maybe not the same names, but they can "clone" the characters. Nintendo should give to they the characters...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
wait...where did that announcement come from ? Glad to see ex-Cing guys are back on their feet. Hope this works out for them.

orient

Neo Member
Best news I've heard in a long time. The music on the teaser site could be straight out of Hotel Dusk or The Last Window. The dude is straight-up Kyle Hyde, and the girl kind of resembles Rachel...sort of? Not that I need this to be a Hotel Dusk knock-off. If they literally carried on from where they left off but with off-brand characters, that'd actually be kind of bad. I'm sure this will be very much in the same style, but a brand new story, which is fine by me. I just really hope it gets localised, like, more than any other game.

Top Bottom