• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Ass GAF'er (Euro Gaming Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyser Soze said:
Gamestation

psp.gif
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - £14.99

FF:T has been £13 at Play for awhile now

Neo Child

Banned
I think I once suggested making a European counterpart of CAG once, since I love bargain sites I think it would be a good idea.

Kinan

Play com also has platinum FFXII available with free europe wide delivery for £9.99 (or around 15 Euro), so you now dont have any excuses to not try this game.

Unless you are waiting for FFXII International, of course. :)

I love bargain topics :)

For UK Gaffers looking to upgrade a normal DS Lite to a Gold Zelda DS Lite:

1) Buy Golda Zelda DS Lite at yesasia.com ~£120 inc. free shipping and VAT free (for UK and Germany only) - product code 1005139107

2) Sell your normal DS Lite to cex.co.uk at either £93 or £108 depending on condition.

3) Sell bundled Zelda game (ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT MOTHERFUCKER) to cex.co.uk for £21.

RESULT 1: Brand spanking new limited gold DS Lite at: (1) £9 profit or (2) £6 cost only

RESULT 2: Brand spanking new limited gold DS Lite WITH ZELDA at: (1) £12 cost only or (2) £27 cost

Yes, I know this is convoluted buy MUST HAVE ZELDA DS GWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Add Transformers from 12.99 in the Gamestation store.

I will keep this thread updated every sunday about new deals that are happening the week after in Gamestation.

painey

i've been debating getting FF12 plat since my import version got its fucking save wiped (which im still livid about) but does anyone know the FF12 PAL Plat SLES number, because only certain versions are 100% b/c with the PS3

painey said:
i've been debating getting FF12 plat since my import version got its fucking save wiped (which im still livid about) but does anyone know the FF12 PAL Plat SLES number, because only certain versions are 100% b/c with the PS3
I think that site is out of date. By all accounts as long as you skip the cut scenes of XII it runs fine. It crashes if you watch on a bad version.

Monkeylord said:
www.hotukdeals.co.uk

Site is updated constantly with bargains and vouchers (LOTS of VG related ones too), and can be filtered. I've used it for all my Chrimbo prezzies so far this year, lol.
Yeah, that's pretty much the best site I've seen for this sort of thing in the UK.

Benedict

Sadly Play.com no longer is available as a "cheap" option for Europeans. We have prices in Euro that are way higher than the £-prices. Free Delivery my ass...

Anyway. PES 2008 is available for £19.99 at amazon.co.uk.

Ohhh. This is the best excuse I've ever had to finally get Metroid and/or pack of Sainsbury's white chocolate chip cookies...

Edit: Excellent. I went steaming into Sainsbury's at lunch, the one at the end of Hatton Garden in London, the real fancy one with the stories-tall glass front. Wondered why there were so many suits around and realised it was some kind of corporate building :lol

I've found another one with 29 tills, so I assume they sell games and will visit after work.

alu

You say Euro yet all of your prices are in GBP. : p

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm gonna get VP: Lenneth if shipping isn't too bad.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Any cheap-ass gamers in the UK need to sign up to quidco.com as well as tracking these deals. Got to love that extra cashback from a lot of retailers (including play...)

alu said:
You say Euro yet all of your prices are in GBP. : p

Thanks for sharing. I think I'm gonna get VP: Lenneth if shipping isn't too bad.
Shipping from play.com is free for all Europe but you have to order the game in euros where they apply a fixed exchange rate from pounds which isn't as good as the actual exchange rate (you could order games in pounds before but they changed it).

For example, 10 pounds is 14 euros nowadays but with play.com exchange rate you have to pay 15'50 euros. Just take it as a 1'50 shipping extra, its still cheaper than the shipping costs from most UK online stores.

Time for a quick update:

(stolen from Eurogamers who stole from HotdealsUK...)

Basically cheap crap at Amazon.co.uk for mostly £3.96 on all formats including

Gitaroo Man - £3.96
Devil Kings (PS2)
Namco Museum
Odama
Tak: The Great Juju Challenge
Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects
Flushed Away
Madden NFL 06
Will of Steel
Total Overdose
Getting Up Contents Under Pressure
Dark Age of Camelot Catacombs
ER: The Game
Rugby Challenge 2006
Hellforces
Star Wars Republic Commando
Iron Warriors
The Ant Bully
Happy Feet
Real World Golf
Crashed
WWE SmackDown Vs RAW 2006
Devil Kings
Gitaroo Man
The Ant Bully
Capcom Fighting Jam (£4.96)
Rugrats Royal Ransom
The Red Star
Meet The Robinsons
Mercury
2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
Project Zero 2
Rainbow Six 4 Lockdown
50 Cent Bulletproof
Tak: The Great Juju Challenge

Next week's Half-price sales in Gametstation
**** and ***** (K&L)- 22.49
Lego StarWars Complete Saga - 14.99-19.99 (i think) [Gamestation will advertise this all next week]
Spiderman: The Movie - 9.99-19.99 (i think)

Other things to note:
Bullet Witch
Surf's Up
Test Drive Unlimited
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii)

Amazon.co.uk again,

Half Life Orange Box (PC) - £17.97

Half Life Orange Box (360) - £26.97

Hmm... very tempting but I have too many games right now and the price may just drop further after Christmas.

nofi

flipping_heck said:
Next week's Half-price sales in Gametstation
**** and ***** (K&L)- 22.49
Lego StarWars Complete Saga - 14.99-19.99 (i think) [Gamestation will advertise this all next week]

360 versions, I presume?

nofi said:
360 versions, I presume?

All versions of LSW are cheaper, although wii is Out of stock.

DS = £14.99

PS3 = £19.99

360 = £19.99

Wii = £19.99 (Out of Stock)

Also, orange box 360 for £27 at amazon UK. in stock

DrXym

Play.com tends to be fairly cheap. I got Uncharted for €51 compared to the €70 rape in GAME at the weekend. It's weird but I thought 1st party Sony titles were €60 but they're not in GAME.

iapetus said:
Any cheap-ass gamers in the UK need to sign up to quidco.com as well as tracking these deals. Got to love that extra cashback from a lot of retailers (including play...)

Pay attention people, this man speaks the truth.

I got £32.50 last week for when I joined the Three network, and last night I earned a total of £3 on a few game purchases I made.

It may not sound like much, but it soon adds up over the year. These are some of the best places to get your quidco quids from;

Game - 11%
Gameplay - 11%
Woolworths - 8%
Gamestation - 6%
HMV - 5%
TheHut - 5%
PowerPlayDirect - 4% (Enter PP-02-DISCOUNT for a further 2% off)
Play.com - 4%
Shopto - 4%
SoftUK - 4% (enter code softukchristmas for a further 6% off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom