• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheapskate GAF. What's your full price purchases for 2021?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury
I couldn't resist the co-op run of Bowser's Fury with my (grown) son. Even though it was short I felt like it was worth it just for that.

Gal*Gun Returns
Definitely not worth the Day 1 asking price. I should have known better lol.

Atelier Ryza 2
A really solid JRPG with fun crafting mechanics, good world building, and great characters. Definitely worth the asking price. Due to the game's length I feel like I got an excellent value.

I'll probably be adding to this list soon when the new Ratchet and Clank comes out.

I am cheap when my wife wants something, but not when I want something.

I'm old enough to remember the premium price of 4.99 for top ZX Spectrum games, until Ultimate (Rare) decided to jack the prices to 9.99 and whole industry followed.

£9.99?

Anger GIF by One Chicago

cireza

Banned
Hitman 3
NieR Replicant

Planning on (if they are released this year) :
Scarlet Nexus
New Sonic game
Tales of Arise
Elden Ring
Halo Infinite

Pretty great year !

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I don't know if you want to count them as full price since I don't really pay MSRP, but these are the 2021 games I'm getting Day 1:

Nier Replicant (which I already got), Tales of Arise, and Battlefield 6 if I like what I see (meaning if it's close to BF4).

Mr Moose

Hmm, full price this year? I think just Resident Evil Village so far. Bought a few other games but not at full price.
The next two will be FFVII and Ratchet & Clank.

Esca

I've bought returnal, rachet and Clank. And kena I've paid full price for.
I'll probably get aliens firestorm and depending on the beta back 4 blood.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Getting games half off just feels good. I’m using trade ins, sales, coupons, birthday rewards etc. all applied, I actually paid more than msrp for a PS5 digital edition which is interesting.

I picked up Wreckfest on PSN. It was only £25, but it wasn't in the sale, thats it's regular price.

That was the closest thing to "full price" I have gotten in years (I usually don't go over £15).
Something original in this whole boring thread!

Patrick S.

Banned
I bought Resi on launch day. €38 on GAMIVO. No ragrets.

Still looking forward to the new System Shock games, dunno if any of them are due this year, same as S...T.....A.....L....K..E...R..2....

OrionNebula

i take it you're on console cause it was free on PC and you can buy it for like £8 right now.

even if you're playing on console the game has been on sale plenty of times. right now it's £16 on Playstation but usually goes down to about £8 in a sale.

so i'm wondering what you consider "a good price" ? it's likely not gonna get any lower than that so if you want to play it you might as well just buy it now.
I was just goofing around. I just can’t seem to ever feel tempted enough to purchase it. Even at $80, this game is worth it, I’m sure. I just never got into GTA (at least yet)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Already got:
Monster Hunter Rise
NieR Replicant
Bravely Default 2
Atelier Ryza 2

I will get:
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Scarlet Nexus
Shin Megami Tensei V
SMT Nocturne HD Remaster
No More Heroes 3
Tale of Arise
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Final Fantasy VIIR Intergrade (edit: sorry I forgot thats free Upgrade)
Elden Ring (if comes out this year)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I think Returnal (preordered) and Ratchet & Clank (preordered the Deluxe Edition). Before was Gold Edition Assassin's Creed and Gold Edition Immortals Fenyx Rising and Gold Edition Watch Dogs: Legion and Spiderman MM. Pretty low in my standards.

SpiceRacz

Not a day one purchase obviously, but gonna snag a Mega SG at some point. Held off in favor of a PS5 last year, but I've now seen the error of my ways.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I am going to try and get away with 1. I have such a huge backlog. If BF6 is out this year and looks decent I will definitely get that otherwise I’m saving my cash and working on that backlog.

VN1X

Banned
You bought Hood before reading the reviews wtf
I mean it was 23eu and we've already gotten 7 hours out of it during the first two days alone, not bad I reckon! I wouldn't have gotten it were it not for some of my e-friends grabbing it on release as well though. Playing as a full stack definitely makes it a lot more enjoyable. That said shit's bugged beyond belief though and I'm hoping they can adress the more glaring issues sooner rather than later (it really is an early access release in disguise).

You know what else I pre-ordered (for like 22eu)? Necromunda: Hired Gun! *dun dun dun* Cue the triggered emojis. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Camreezie

If your a cheap cunt like me, you'll know patience pays off. I picked up Dead Rising 2 for £3.99 and Fallen Order for £15 in the PSN sale at the weekend. But sometimes you just have to get a Day One.

For me (for MAX MP potential):

Back 4 Blood
Aliens Fireteam

And single player. Horizon: Forbidden West.
Terror is reality is gonna be dead for you on DR 2 lmaoo

Haggard

Banned
If it turns out to be good:

Back 4 Blood

aside from that...well. GoW and HZD but those are probably not 2021 games anymore.
Gee I seriously only have (max)3 new games I´m interested in for the whole year....

And 2021 so far: Nioh 2 for PC.

this is going to be one heck of a cheap gaming year for me.

Last edited:
Nier Replicant is all for me so far. Tempted by Ratchet and Clank, but I have a big issue with paying $70 for a game. My backlog will hopefully help me hold off.

Dead Rising 2 felt dated the day it came out too.

It's funny to see the blandness of the graphics in today's light/shadow ray traced world.

It's games like these that are begging for a few weeks worth tidy up for PS5/Xbox3 to bring them up to more modern standards.

Ladioss

Hitman 3.
The Great Ace Attorney (if preorders count)

... and that's all for me. Not much to capture my attention so far, I'm still waiting for BOTW2, Total Warhammer 3, a localized version of that Senran Kagura x Neptunia game, and Gnosia physical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom