• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Check out these new screenshots of nextgen Need for Speed, truly gave me that "Wow!" factor that was missing from the GT7 unveiling.

svbarnard

Banned
In, fact the first thing I thought after seeing the GT7 unveiling is "Is this supposed to nextgen?" I really do believe GT7 is a cross-gen game, and if it isn't well it sure has hell was probably being developed for the PS4 and then last minute switched it up for PS5, I'm telling you this is what a nextgen racer looks like! And yes I am aware this is click baity but honestly I dont get why everyone was saying "Wow GT7 looks amazing!", when in fact it looks like another gen8 game, I just have to get that off my chest.

inL5JxB.jpg

wI0MZ8c.jpg

aO6nTYG.jpg

FVYJ1Zd.jpg

nPE6hiW.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I want to ride in old vehicles nobody cares about though. So I guess I want a GT game that plays like NFS.

Rikkori

Frostbite is gonna be a beast visually, no doubt, but NFS sucks, so it's hard to be excited about it & we'll see if FB can fix their shit for open-world games. They always excelled in pure visuals but were lacking otherwise. Hope it's better this gen.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The only exciting thing about the new NFS game is that they've finally changed the developer, maybe it won't be super disappointing to play this time around. NfS Payback burned me so much I will never play Heat.

DonF

Gran Turismo looks great but it's way too clean. It's sterile. You can tell its a video game cause it depicts everything in a close controlled environment. The cars are perfect and ultra clean, the camera angles are perfectly aligned, there is close to no dramatism in the camera action, always on focus.

This looks more realistic cause it has those imperfections that gt lacks.

It's a style difference. Both look great.

Tomeru

Lmao people, we are all tired and stressed. It's not an easy year on any of us. But its still not an excuse to post threads like this seriously. Just add a joke tag. Or sarcasm. Or something.

We need to stick together, or Stadia will kill the pc.

GHG

Gold Member
Honestly we've reached the point of finishing returns with racing games now.

Drawing comparisons only leads to petty nitpicking.

They all look great now and the only time something stands out is when a racing game doesn't look great.

Also, all we've seen from NFS is just a render. For reference, this is the point we've reached with renders:

JimiNutz

Banned
Racing games are gonna look incredible this gen.
I mean they already look great but we are definitely heading towards photorealism now.

This and GT7 both look incredible to me. Can't wait to see Forza as well.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
just wait for the actual gameplay .. a footage from a console then you can say it’s better than GT7 .. now it’s all BS from a BS EA show , they just gave you the middle finger and some cool video about next gen shit just to say “ hey .. we showed you next gen shit now fuck off “

Nah I’m not buying that ..

MCplayer

The reason why GT7 doesnt look next gen is because we have already seen it for years, its called GT SPORT, the only diferences is tge RT reflections, resolution, more detailed cars models (maybe) and visually modified tracks, just so they look a bit diferent.

Last edited:

MCplayer

In, fact the first thing I thought after seeing the GT7 unveiling is "Is this supposed to nextgen?" I really do believe GT7 is a cross-gen game, and if it isn't well it sure has hell was probably being developed for the PS4 and then last minute switched it up for PS5, I'm telling you this is what a nextgen racer looks like! And yes I am aware this is click baity but honestly I dont get why everyone was saying "Wow GT7 looks amazing!", when in fact it looks like another gen8 game, I just have to get that off my chest.

inL5JxB.jpg

wI0MZ8c.jpg

aO6nTYG.jpg

FVYJ1Zd.jpg

nPE6hiW.jpg
Forza motorsport 4 kinect E3 demo looked a lot like this

I don't think it looks any better or worse. I wasn't particularly impressed by the GT7 demo but to be clear, I didn't think it looked bad or even average, it still looked great, but I feel like it looked pretty on par with FH4. I agree with the sentiment that diminishing returns will hit racing games the hardest as they were already pretty accurate/detailed. I'm sure if I saw GT7 running at 4k/60 in front of me I'd be impressed, but more impressed than FH4? Hard to say.

RaySoft

Honestly we've reached the point of finishing returns with racing games now.

Drawing comparisons only leads to petty nitpicking.

They all look great now and the only time something stands out is when a racing game doesn't look great.

Also, all we've seen from NFS is just a render. For reference, this is the point we've reached with renders:

That was a real-world video with a pasted in render of a car model, so not that impressive...

GHG

Gold Member
That was a real-world video with a pasted in render of a car model, so not that impressive...

And the screenshots in the OP are empty landscapes with car renders in them so what's the difference?

Last edited:

GymWolf

While I think it IS impressive, especially for the lightning (they nailed the colours), I agree we are reaching the point of diminishing returns for pure graphics power.
i generally don't believe in the diminishing returns theory, most of the games still looks light years away from real life during gameplay but if there is one genre where this theory work is probably for racing game.

Rheon

GT7 was actual gameplay. The NFS one, while stunning, didn't look like actual gameplay.

If actual gameplay does in fact look like that then yes, NFS looks more impressive.

ToadMan

Yeah those NFS looked like static shots ... comparable to photo mode in other games.

GTS looks better in scapes and photo than that.

I haven’t played an NFS for a looong time, but they can be fun - it’s not all about the polygon count and pixels...

martino

experimental not ingame stuff
but at least it make dream a little
we need that too.(but the not ingame must be forgotten)

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Tbh I wasn't massively impressed with GT7 and what they showed so far but I think it looks way better than this. I think GT7 has loads of work to go as well

Fox Mulder

In the end it will still be an EA made frostbite engine Need for Speed. Yawn.

GT7, Forza Horizon 5, and Forza 8 will certainly be the kings again.

Kikorin

We have reached a point where sometimes I literally can't say if racing games photos taken with photomode are real pictures or videogames.

But people still see them and are like "Mmmh, no, not impressed.."

I'm not a fan of racing games, but I tried the Forza Horizon 4 on my Xbox One X and I was mindblown, I can't imagine racing games looks much better then this, even with more powerful hardware.

Example:
54o76mtzdp121.jpg

Top Bottom