• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Check out why Xbox is the best place to play" Page of Xbox Exclusives

Let's see:
- a shooter remake that I already played (at least half of it)
- a shooter for teenagers
- a racing game
- a shooter I played (actually it's free on PC right now)

Nothing interesting for me.

Shall we talk about exclusive PC or PS4 lineup for this fall?

Mononoke

Banned
I'm honestly finding it harder and harder to justify using my X1. The majority of the titles coming out on console will perform better on PC or PS4. And while I love the X1 controller, I also really like the DS4 and actually much prefer the PS4 UI to the X1 UI.

So I want to be excited for X1. But nothing here excites me. I'll agree Sony has botched some things and their overall first party content has been more miss then hit. But looking down the road I'm still more excited about titles like Bloodborne or Rime than I am about Halo or Sunset. I'm really hoping Sunset Overdrive hooks me back into using my X1 again though. I actually bought Diablo 3 for my X1 just so it was force me to use it. But I end up spending all my time on PS4/Vita or the Nintendo consoles. :/

Holy shit at this thread.

It's a good ad. Xbox one has some good exclusives. So does the the PS4.

Why do people feel the need to shit on the "other console".

so.... last gen ports, a racing game and an online only game that is also on PC.

yeahhh.... I'm not sold on that.

Maledict

some may argue that would be derrailing the thread, just sayin..

The entire thread is a derailment? I mean, it's literally just an MS advert followed by opinions and preferences on games with people trying to justify a personal opinion as objective fact.

I guess at least we know the original poster isn't a paid shill, because they try to at least appear subtle.

meppi

Whoa, that's pretty clever.

The best part of it was that everything was dynamic. So it wasn't just a scripted demolition.
You could play it 10 times in a row and things would tumble down differently each time and stack together like you'd expect a pile of rubble to to.

I believe you could even grab pieces with your cursor and move them around. But my memory might be playing tricks on me.

Watching it the very first time was amazing since you had no idea what was going on.
When the coins start popping out of the video window, you'd think you were seeing things and then the rest of the page would start crumbling down as the video made the whole screen shake.

Nozem

lmP3gdF.png

Number of games per platform by Metacritic score:

Code:
score   PS4     Xbox
90+       5        2
80+      43       19
75+      66       38

jenniferlawrenceok.gif

Ape

Banned
Sunset Overdrive is rumored to go PC, MCC is rumored to go PC, Titan fall is already on PC and FH2 is on 360. Can the Xbox One keep... *chortle* one AAA exclusive? We have already even seen Forza 5 running on PC hardware. That has to be a precursor to a release. No one puts that effort into something just for fun. This is obviously on the back of Ryse and Dead Rising 3 as a PC gamer I KNOW there's more where that came from.

Before you know it I'll be playing Halo 5 and Quantum break at 4k and 120fps on a PC with nothing but Doritos and Mountain Dew: Code Red fueling me. When that happens I hope that MS starts releasing ads for the PC as well.

BokehKing

Banned
Majority of their market don't give a shit about 1080p/720p 30/60fps and simply want a console they can play cool games on....myself included

This 1080/720 30/60 fps crap really needs to die as if this is all people are going to concentrate on while playing a game then they may as well not be playing

The late 80s and 90s had a real miss mash of consoles and capabilities but instead we remember them for their gameplay and cool innovation. ....not if their they were 30 fps or a higher resolution

Seems like a very gen y thing

I don't think we have really been shown what next gen is yet...too many people think it's a number and a frame count
Do you own a 1080p TV? How much did you pay for that? How many years ago did you get that TV? Last Gen you say? Couldn't wait for this gen so my TV will finally display 1080p games? Oh now you suddenly don't care because Xbox does not do 1080p on a majority of games... Guess what... I care

So yes, OP basically posted an advertisement, this thread feels like walking through Mary's Cologne section. Yes some of those games maybe fun, but it - is- the next gen, I don't care for the NFL/snapping or fun games that could have looked better if Xbox gave up this futile "we are your all in one entertainment" dream and just focused on games games games. Before I get an automatically generated "did you see E3" (yes I did) that's all well and good but things could be performing better and sadley because of that I'll be that guy who will pick up an Xbox One at $299 (with kinnect) because I am not compelled to jump into the non 1080p camp (I mean come on! Sunset Overdrive screams and demands 1080/60! Game looks great! But not for what it's at)

Castef

Banned
When I read most of the replies in topics like this one I imagine a world where when you buy a PlayStation 4, they give you a free gaming PC.

Does Wynnebeck call it an Xbone to it's face

I do, I say I do believe he does.

The depths of his depravity do surely know no bounds.

I urge the fine members of the jury to find him guilty and sentence him to community service where he'll be forced to care for Xboxes everywhere and think on his crimes against the fine and upstanding Xbox community.

Resogun for sure, but I can't tell the other 4 +90 games unless they're ports like TLOU

Yeah, I can only name two as well. Resogun and TLoU:R.

As for people complaining about the topic being a shill/marketing thread...well, welcome to every fucking thing on any enthusiast message board for commercial products where we celebrate consumerism and a blind loyalty to brands by bashing each other over the head textually and with image macros and video demonstrations usually lovingly edited and encoded from official marketing materials. And we repeat it over and over again for no real benefit for ourselves except that we love that shit.

I dunno, the reason that it's weird for me to see this is that it's just pure forwarding of marketing materials. There's no new info, and even worse there is absolutely no discussion or input from the OP. It's just as bad as those terrible infographs that that one super-xbox fan would make and post. And you can't really compare this thread/ad/info to other threads about new trailers or something because those at least are something new. On a board like GAF, if people don't know that the MCC or Sunset Overdrive are coming out for the xbone, then I'd be really surprised.

It just blurs the line between enthusiasm and trying to sell a product. And the subsequent discussion just boils down to list wars and fanboys attacking each other. Not all people love that, I think.

Rymuth

I just realized they didn't bother mentioning Fantasia, Music evolved. Thanks a lot, Microsoft :\
You should have made peace with the fact that Microsoft has thrown Harmonix under the bus, by now.

It's going to suffer the same fate as D4.

Yoday

I dunno, the reason that it's weird for me to see this is that it's just pure forwarding of marketing materials. There's no new info, and even worse there is absolutely no discussion or input from the OP. It's just as bad as those terrible infographs that that one super-xbox fan would make and post. And you can't really compare this thread/ad/info to other threads about new trailers or something because those at least are something new. On a board like GAF, if people don't know that the MCC or Sunset Overdrive are coming out for the xbone, then I'd be really surprised.

It just blurs the line between enthusiasm and trying to sell a product. And the subsequent discussion just boils down to list wars and fanboys attacking each other. Not all people love that, I think.
I agree, it's pretty weird and feels kind of gross. It is nothing more than the reposting of a marketing page. Even the OP sounds like something that would pop up on a platform holder/publisher Facebook page or something for marketing purposes. No new info, no new footage or screens, just an advertisement page and telling people to check it out.

Yes, very off base and completely illogical.

You have to compare the other things.

Like unrealized potential and if the console manufacturer ever tried to destroy life as we know it.

Also, the aesthetics of the console, if it cooks you dinner, if it lets you stick it in the pooper and if it swallows.

I don't see it as any different than people quoting a marketing slogan verbatim in their topic title and putting a bare link to a trailer as that exact thing happens all the time on this forum. Even the OTs have long ago become slick infomercials for the corporations who sell the products they promote. Whatever the topic poster adds to the original post rarely does much outside of speculate in a positive or negative fashion, usually praising it for its quality, if it isn't being played purely for laughs, anyway. Just my personal view on GAF and most hobbyist forums that focus on currently-sold commercial products, in general. I get that his is a bit plain and it was just dropped there to simply view, like a place to view an advertisement voluntarily, but that doesn't seem very out of the ordinary on this board, IMO.

Nozem

tell me about ports

How about this: games by metascore NOT available on the other console:
Code:
score   PS4     Xbox
90+       3        2
80+      21        3

The sad thing is that the 80+ score also includes the 90+ games (obviously), so it's really bad for Xbox exclusives, if you only compare Xbox One and PS4.

I might be off one or two (counting is hard) but check for yourself:
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps4/metascore
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xboxone/metascore

How about this: games by metascore NOT available on the other console:
Code:
score   PS4     Xbox
90+       3        2
80+      21        3

The sad thing is that the 80+ score also includes the 90+ games (obviously), so it's really bad for Xbox exclusives, if you only compare Xbox One and PS4.

I might be off one or two (counting is hard) but check for yourself:
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/ps4/metascore
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xboxone/metascore

not available, like exclusive only on those platforms? no PC, PSVita, PS3, 360, etc.. ? no remasters, upgraded versions, goty editions, etc.?

hard to tell PS4 has 24 exclusive titles

Man... I'm a sucker for collections, but I won't dish out money for a new console just to play the Master Chief Collection. Are all the multiplayer maps in the same enginer? Like... can you choose to play whatever map without switching games?

So you're going to just ignore the other 3 games?

This holiday when people are in stores or looking online contemplating what next gen console to buy a PS4 will sitting/showing up right next to the Xbox One. If that person does the research and decides the PC is right for them so be it but we are talking about consoles.

I have no issue with the other 3, I was simply pointing out (quite correctly) that one of them is not exclusive. That's all.

Nozem

not available, like exclusive only on those platforms? no PC, PSVita, PS3, 360, etc.. ? no remasters, upgraded versions, goty editions, etc.?
Oh they might be on other systems, just not on the Xbox One / PS4. I just compared the two Metacritic lists.

So if you buy a PS4, you can play 21 games with 80+ score not available on Xbox One.
If you buy an Xbox One you can play 3 games with 80+ score not available on PS4.

10 MILLION
minutes
of titanfall streamed.

I thought about commenting on that when I saw it, and then I said, fuck it, why bother?

But I guess I wasn't the only one that got 'impressed' by that quote, lol.

that's a lot of minutes , you know. 10 million of them.

I would have thought it's be more impressive if they translated those minutes to years or something...19.025875190258751902587519025875 years sounds way more impressive than 10 m minutes if you ask me...

Maztorre

Good to know there are people already bending over and defending the Newspeak that is non-exclusive exclusives.

When you put so many exceptions and conditions around how a title can be deemed "exclusive", you are basically destroying any trust in the consumer relationship if the customer is on the fence about purchasing. You are trying to trick customers into buying the product instead of selling the product on its own merits.

As an example:
-When Nintendo markets an exclusive title for WiiU, I immediately know this is going to be some kind of significant value-add for their platform with no chance of appearing elsewhere, and thanks to their generally high quality first-party output there is also some innate sense of trust in the quality of the title.

-When Sony markets an exclusive, you need to actually listen to their press conference for whatever fluff language they use around the word "exclusive", because it probably means it is either an indie title that is coming out on PC on the same day of release, or an indie title that has a couple of months headstart on the inevitable Xbox/PC version. Their first party stuff is reliably "exclusive" in the sane sense of the word, but because the faux-exclusive and actual-exclusive content is all presented in the same trappings of "exclusive content", they are also attempting to muddy the waters to essentially trick customers into thinking they can't get this content elsewhere.

-When Microsoft markets an exclusive, you actually need to rely on the enthusiast press to pin someone at the company down so they will actually give you the particular definition of "exclusive" they're using at the time, since Microsoft seems to have varying definitions they will use interchangeably. And since these "exclusives" are already appearing on other platforms less than year after launch there is already scepticism about current and future exclusive content on the platform. This is extremely unhealthy after the antagonising PR and the rolling back of unpopular policies ahead of the system's launch.

A personal example: I own a gaming PC but neither a PS4 nor Xbox One, despite owning both the PS3 and Xbox 360 in the previous generation. I would almost certainly enjoy a variety of the games on Xbox One, but I have no faith that what Microsoft is selling as "exclusive" content is actually the case. As they continue to tarnish their own name by deceiving and misleading me about what is actually "exclusive" on their platform, I cannot justify a purchase as I don't actually know what is safe to buy on Xbox and what is going to eventually come in an enhanced form to PC. If they made an honest and straightforward policy about which content is reaching which platforms I could at least make a decision instead of feeling suspicious of their intentions when they release these marketing materials.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this, especially given how easy it is to educate consumers who are being misled in the age of youtube and reddit.

aravuus

That's one ugly ad

I love the word exclusive when it comes to list wars, people always spin it to hell and back. It's hilarious.

Top Bottom