• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cherno reacts on Dirt 5 running on XSX ''What can anyone say about this''

Gamerguy84

Game doesn't look so good honestly. Looks rushed, no pun intended if your still there rushy.

I'll get it if its fun though because while graphical fidelity is awesome, it doesn't exactly translate to a good time.

Azurro

Banned
Ploy to rule ? Do you know game devs earn less than other computer science undergrads ? The freshers at the top of the game, who ace their coding skills end up with a salary twice as that of a game dev.

This attention hog, is trying to frame his occupation as rocket science engineering and justifying his POV. There are senior architects and countless devs working at Code masters and under whom this guy worked at EA.

His behavior does not reflect well on the dev community. Drama queen, asking where gazillions of teraflops have gone. He is no longer a dev. His youtube earnings are exceeding his meager game dev salary, He longer likes the slogging as a dev. YOUTUBE money is easy and even glamorous.

I'm a software developer, I am a bit aware of the salaries in the gaming industry. Too much work, very long hours and an unstable position for not enough money. Not for me.

Nevertheless, I've seen some of the videos and he has discussed his career path, he's actually quite a smart cookie given that he joined EA to be part of the engine development group, that's quite an achievement for barely an undergraduate.

I mean, the guy is quite passionate, and about his statement of "all of those teraflops", I don't know how old you are, but gaming companies have sometimes boasted of this spec or that feature that doesn't actually pan out, you have to wait to see the results when actually working on it.

The guy is passionate, has experience and is very qualified to comment, he is not even mean about it. I'm kind of astonished at how fragile, or how important, this console war is to people that some mild criticism reaches this level of accusations and conspiracy theories...over a game that looks quite shitty.

Put down your sword warrior, you need not fight this battle.

Last edited:
I think the big issue here is that this is the only ‘next gen’ footage of a game actually running on series x. Is there any other next gen games been shown running on the Series X? Jus that iso shooter and crossfire right?

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
The salt is real.

Still waiting for some Series X Gameplay that looks at least half as good as Spidey, Godfall or Demons Souls.

But, but, but Gamepass.

What? We can't read you. Learn the difference between a game being the problem versus the device being the problem. Your ignorance knows no bounds. But, but, but 3rdPersonStation.

The cars, environments, and effects all look like they need more time in the kitchen. For a next-gen racing game, it just looks bad.

The fact that Xbox seems to have a marketing deal with it means that the Cherno can only talk about the game running on Xbox, so I think the complaints against his video aren't valid. It's the only version he has to look at right? On top of that, we've seen another 120fps game (Halo Infinite) that also looks like uncooked fish.

Color me surprised another Sony YouTube fanboy twerking for views with their biased hot takes on Xbox and how its trash.

Pretty sure he hasn't jiggled his ass yet for views. Although now that I think about it, I don't think he'd get a lot of views if he even did. The guy just doesn't have enough fat to make it clap.

Do you think Dirt 5 looks next-gen?

Banned
So, in a video about a multiplatform game:
- He chose to include the 'Optimized for Series X' logo in the thumbnail of the video and 'Is this a mobile game' in the title of the video.
- He chose to comment 'I'm sorry Xbox people, I really am' while it's a multiplatform game. If he's a game engine dev, he should know that there is no reason to assume the PS5 version will perform or look better.
- He chose to mention Halo: Infinite in a video about Dirt 5

Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to understand this guy is generously taking advantage of console wars and is catering to fanboys, and giving this guy a podium is a shame.
That doesn't mean Dirt 5 doesn't have issues, it does. But the way he chose to convey his message is really bad. His involvement in game development is used to somehow legitimize/ give more weight to what he says, which is even worse.

this guy is either a complete phoney or he goes hard into the fanboy war in order to push his channel's views through controversial videos

anyone should ignore him, absolutely awful content throughout imo

tryDEATH

Do you seriously think it looks good for next-gen? Come on, dude. This is going to look crap on both consoles

That video was as much trashing Dirt 5 as it was disingenuously trashing Xbox as well. The game bite of more than it could handle and I don't know why they did it some of their games like F1 look amazing so why this looks underwhelming is a developer issue and shouldn't blame either system, yet he did.

sircaw

Banned
That video was as much trashing Dirt 5 as it was disingenuously trashing Xbox as well. The game bite of more than it could handle and I don't know why they did it some of their games like F1 look amazing so why this looks underwhelming is a developer issue and shouldn't blame either system, yet he did.

i think your reading to much into it, did some above not say he was lukewarm about Demon souls too, that is probably the best looking game this generation, if he is not singing about that game to the high heavens did you expect him to sing for Dirt?

Last edited:

tryDEATH

i think your reading to much into it, did some above not say he was lukewarm about Demon souls too, that is probably the best looking game this generation, if he is not singing that game to the high heavens did you expect him to sing Dirt?

Being lukewarm to Demon Souls's or any title is irrelevant, we all know what good graphics are and what bad graphics are. Going out of their way to bash a system when its a engine fault is disingenuous and this is what this video was.

Banned
i think your reading to much into it, did some above not say he was lukewarm about Demon souls too, that is probably the best looking game this generation, if he is not singing that game to the high heavens did you expect him to sing Dirt?

he is lukewarm about every game he looks at, didn't even recognize obvious RT reflections in Ratchet & Clank for example, but that's not the point. he made it about the Series X hardware at the end, even mentioning Halo 5, this is either complete stupidity or trying to stir fanboy wars in the comments.

the more comments the better for the video. YouTube's algorithm likes engagement, be it upvotes, downvotes, video links or comments.
and he is either playing heavily into that or he is ridiculously uninformed.

either way a bad look for someone who proudly says he is a game developer critiquing game graphics/engines.
and enough reason to ignore him from now on

Last edited:

geordiemp

i think your reading to much into it, did some above not say he was lukewarm about Demon souls too, that is probably the best looking game this generation, if he is not singing about that game to the high heavens did you expect him to sing for Dirt?

Got to admit, some of the textures were xbox / ps4 levels of detail.

Especially in that tunnel

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Being lukewarm to Demon Souls's or any title is irrelevant, we all know what good graphics are and what bad graphics are. Going out of their way to bash a system when its a engine fault is disingenuous and this is what this video was.

i don't know, i think your now setting up unreasonable levels of what people can critique and what they can and can't say on what you think is acceptable.

In my eyes if he has criticized Demon souls and that game looks fucking Stella, it sounds like he is more in his right to rip Dirt a new one.

He is probably shocked by how a game can look like that will all the power that is available on the new xbox.

I mean Halo was pretty bad, i mean that game looked unfinished, unpolished and in some parts downright ugly. So he was not lying there either.

So once again i don't understand what he has done wrong.

Are you guys more upset at him for criticising xbox, if so, so what or you upset at him not liking dirt.

Either way, his video seemed reasonable and i say this believing the game is going to look just as shit on the ps5, maybe worse lol

sobaka770

Banned
I like his reactions even though he doesn't always go into enough detail. I think it's cool that he's not a "professional trailer analyser" from a gaming site but an engine developer first and this is a hobby, which makes it more interesting and innocent.

As for impressions I take them with a grain of salt. The guy started with UE5 engine demo and R&C PS5 vids and after those everything just seems a bit lackluster. Case in point he wasn't hot on TLOU2 gameplay but if his reference is PS5 footage vs PS4 it's clear that there's no Naughty Dog magic that could make the picture look just as good. He also didn't know that Dirt 4 is a last-gen ported game aiming at 60-120FPS. So he needs to learn how to compare visuals in regards of trade-offs and target console specs and not just raw picture.

I think his reaction to Demon Souls was good, he loved Horizon and tore rightfully the Halo trailer and DF bizarre lighting video to shreds.

tryDEATH

i don't know, i think your now setting up unreasonable levels of what people can critique and what they can and can't say on what you think is acceptable.

In my eyes if he has criticized Demon souls and that game looks fucking Stella, it sounds like he is more in his right to rip Dirt a new one.

He is probably shocked by how a game can look like that will all the power that is available on the new xbox.

I mean Halo was pretty bad, i mean that game looked unfinished, unpolished and in some parts downright ugly. So he was not lying there either.

So once again i don't understand what he has done wrong.

Are you guys more upset at him for criticising xbox, if so, so what or you upset at him not liking dirt.

Either way, his video seemed reasonable and i say this believing the game is going to look just as shit on the ps5, maybe worse lol

He unnecessarily dragged Xbox due to Dirt 5's shortcomings and we clearly know why. Putting that Optimized for Xbox sticker in the video thumbnail is as obvious as it gets when gaslighting.

You can try to make him seem as legitimate as you want when he clearly has Sony bias, just look at the videos he uploaded on that channel all PS videos and one Xbox one where he proceeds to shit on it. A lot of Sony fans are upset about DF and now are trying to find their a new "legitimate" replacement, but he certainly isn't it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
He unnecessarily dragged Xbox due to Dirt 5's shortcomings and we clearly know why. Putting that Optimized for Xbox sticker in the video thumbnail is as obvious as it gets when gaslighting.

You can try to make him seem as legitimate as you want when he clearly has Sony bias, just look at the videos he uploaded on that channel all PS videos and one Xbox one where he proceeds to shit on it. A lot of Sony fans are upset about DF and now are trying to find their a new "legitimate" replacement, but he certainly isn't it.

Well what have we seen on XSX that is super impressive? The big reveal was so bad it turned into a meme, and then they shifted into talking about backwards compatibility. With PS5 we have impressive looking games at least.

At some point it's reasonable to discuss how games look, you can't play paper specs.

tryDEATH

Well what have we seen on XSX that is super impressive? The big reveal was so bad it turned into a meme, and then they shifted into talking about backwards compatibility. With PS5 we have impressive looking games at least.

At some point it's reasonable to discuss how games look, you can't play paper specs.

Keep on trolling and reaching as much as you want, Dirt isn't representative of what Series X is capable of no matter how hard you are trying to make it seem like it is.

You see what you look for as that is the most convenient thing to do when trying to push a narrative.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Keep on trolling and reaching as much as you want, Dirt isn't representative of what Series X is capable of no matter how hard you are trying to make it seem like it is.

You see what you look for as that is the most convenient thing to do when trying to push a narrative.

So what is representative of what Series X is capable of? Show me the game.

Pathetic. 🤣

Either it's an elaborate ploy on this guy's part to rule the world...or this game looks like shit. Occam's razor will tell you the truth.

You don't have to defend everything on it warrior, you can rest your keyboard.

Say that sitting there with a tryhard MGS avatar, just because I have an opinion not falling in line with your console warrior BS.

You probably shouldn't bring things like Occam's Razor up when you don't even know the definition or how to use it in context, btw. And point to where I've defended everything about Series X? I criticized the July show, had constructive criticism on the logistics of Series S (until more information was provided), even questioned Gamepass here and there. I also questioned the WB purchasing rumors (and still do; it's not worth it for anyone unless they get rights to the characters as a long-term gain).

Difference with me from people like you is, I'm actually willing to give MS a chance to show me what they have to offer. I'm not living and breathing on the desire to be hostile or negative to a brand just because it isn't Sony. And if I were such a warrior I would never have posted (nor continue to post) positive things about Sony, PS5, or Nintendo. I literally had pretty much good things to say in Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem 's recent thread and never once tried downplaying Sony or PS5 in that thread. I may've tried clarifying a few things here and there, but the reality doesn't fit your ill-conceived imagination.

Truth is you're a lame console fanboy and having someone tell that to you straight fires you up to no end. But that's not my problem. The immaturity of your response says it all. You can choose to go on carrying as you were, it won't be much worth seeing anyway.

The guy literally was sent this video from someone. His channel is mostly his stuff that he works on, his engine videos.

Also worth noting it looks like he took it down unless this is on a different channel?

EDIT

Correction this is a different channel he has for reaction videos.

He does them for all kinds of stuff.

But sure lets push another bullshit narrative because people are hurt at him looking at a video that comes from IGN.

He's a content creator and it's his responsibility to do research into a subject if he wishes to give an opinion on it. Sorry but I'm not excusing laziness from people who do this sort of stuff; even if it's just a hobby in the spare time, if you wish to discuss things in the most-informed light then doing some cross-referencing and due diligence for clarification beyond the bare minimum should be at least partially expected.

Too many people excusing mediocrity when it comes to games journalistic integrity is why we have so many clickbait, half-assed sources of coverage in the first place. Ask for better, cordially, and maybe you will get it. If some other content creator took a bad, low-resolution, half-framerate video of Demon's Souls Remastered or Miles Morales and used it as a critique against the game unfairly (or even worst, used it as a means to stoke console wars), I'd be just as mad. Probably more upset tbh if it were Demon's because that game legit looks fantastic.

But no, go on and assume I'm doing this for "other reasons". My track record speaks otherwise but go on, pretend that doesn't exist 👍

Last edited:
Nobody is claiming it's a next gen game! It's a cross gen game available on multitude of platforms. Looks nice enough to me.
I dunno about you but this game tearing its ass half across the screen due to performance issues is definitely not a pleasant thing to look at.

Then again for some its a non-issue.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Say that sitting there with a tryhard MGS avatar, just because I have an opinion not falling in line with your console warrior BS.

You probably shouldn't bring things like Occam's Razor up when you don't even know the definition or how to use it in context, btw. And point to where I've defended everything about Series X? I criticized the July show, had constructive criticism on the logistics of Series S (until more information was provided), even questioned Gamepass here and there. I also questioned the WB purchasing rumors (and still do; it's not worth it for anyone unless they get rights to the characters as a long-term gain).

Difference with me from people like you is, I'm actually willing to give MS a chance to show me what they have to offer. I'm not living and breathing on the desire to be hostile or negative to a brand just because it isn't Sony. And if I were such a warrior I would never have posted (nor continue to post) positive things about Sony, PS5, or Nintendo. I literally had pretty much good things to say in Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem 's recent thread and never once tried downplaying Sony or PS5 in that thread. I may've tried clarifying a few things here and there, but the reality doesn't fit your ill-conceived imagination.

Truth is you're a lame console fanboy and having someone tell that to you straight fires you up to no end. But that's not my problem. The immaturity of your response says it all. You can choose to go on carrying as you were, it won't be much worth seeing anyway.

He's a content creator and it's his responsibility to do research into a subject if he wishes to give an opinion on it. Sorry but I'm not excusing laziness from people who do this sort of stuff; even if it's just a hobby in the spare time, if you wish to discuss things in the most-informed light then doing some cross-referencing and due diligence for clarification beyond the bare minimum should be at least partially expected.

Too many people excusing mediocrity when it comes to games journalistic integrity is why we have so many clickbait, half-assed sources of coverage in the first place. Ask for better, cordially, and maybe you will get it. If some other content creator took a bad, low-resolution, half-framerate video of Demon's Souls Remastered or Miles Morales and used it as a critique against the game unfairly (or even worst, used it as a means to stoke console wars), I'd be just as mad. Probably more upset tbh if it were Demon's because that game legit looks fantastic.

But no, go on and assume I'm doing this for "other reasons". My track record speaks otherwise but go on, pretend that doesn't exist 👍

Your track record is garbage.

And CHerno has two channels, with videos that are recommended to him by his community. He gives his unbiased perspective which is not from a game developer but a graphics engineer. So someone who is used to using Vulkan API, and crazy lighting engines.

Banned

Gears 5 running at above max PC settings close to the performance level of an RTX2080ti

that's a pretty good benchmark imo 🤷‍♂️

or Minecraft fully path traced running at close to the raytracing performance of an RTX2070 maybe slightly better, hard to tell since that game was running really early code

these are decent benchmarks until more games are available to tech reviewers to test it with

Last edited:

Tschumi

- He chose to include the 'Optimized for Series X' logo in the thumbnail of the video and 'Is this a mobile game' in the title of the video.
- He chose to comment 'I'm sorry Xbox people, I really am' while it's a multiplatform game. If he's a game engine dev, he should know that there is no reason to assume the PS5 version will perform or look better.

Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to understand this guy is generously taking advantage of console wars and is catering to fanboys, and giving this guy a podium is a shame.
That doesn't mean Dirt 5 doesn't have issues, it does. But the way he chose to convey his message is really bad. His involvement in game development is used to somehow legitimize/ give more weight to what he says, which is even worse.
This is goofy.

You get a whole damn video of the guy giving reasons for his reasoning, taking about how he himself has worked on racing games, then you discount the whole fucking thing because you are hyper sensitive to any slight on Xbox?

His video is full of caveats to his criticisms, but you take like the PERIPHERALs of the video and get salty about them?

There's only one person who bought console wars here mate~

At no point does he mention Sony. At one point he says the game is dirt compared to Horizon - an XSX title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I want to like his videos, but unfortunately, he doesn't confirm that everything I like (and on the platform I like) is awesome, therefore I was forced to unsubscribe and blacklist his channel.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've seen trailers for Dirt 5 that look alright but based on the footage his watching?
I think he just being truthful, it does look really bad in that video and I can't really defend it if that's how it actually looks on both systems

pixelation

It is laughable because due to Microsoft's incompetence they have no real standout game for the launch of the "world's most powerful console" so they need to rely on cross gen games to show off what the system can do. They have shown Dirt 5 (looks bad), and Yakuza LaD (looks bad). Meanwhile Sony has actual next gen games (and even the cross gen games that have been shown like Spiderman Miles Morales look better than whatever Microsoft has available at launch). Again nobody is saying that Dirt 5 or Yakuza will run better on PS5, what is laughable is those are the games Microsoft is showcasing for their next gen console due to their ineptitude (and Halo's devs), he name drops Halo because that was supposed to be the big launch game for Microsoft, and the whole mobile game jab is nothing more than that. I see nothing wrong with the video but I see how it could ruffle some feathers (truth hurts big time).

Your track record is garbage.

And CHerno has two channels, with videos that are recommended to him by his community. He gives his unbiased perspective which is not from a game developer but a graphics engineer. So someone who is used to using Vulkan API, and crazy lighting engines.

Right, I guess I can ignore your opinion going forward, then. You guys will feel mighty dumb with those blanket assertions as soon as...well, right now, actually. You obviously didn't do enough looking into my posting history.

Regardless if his videos come from the community, that doesn't mean a person has to give in completely to what a community member presents. As in, it doesn't take a lot of effort to do a bit of your own looking into things as a content creator to form your own perspective, while still giving an opinion on something a member of your community has provided. Especially with knowing how maligned online discussion in many fandoms (such as gaming) has gotten over the years, these content creators (whether they like it or not), have that type of responsibility in order to encourage healthier discourse across the board.

And I've no idea why you think bringing up his work as a graphics engineer bears any relevance to the main point I've been discussing here. In that given case, you would think an alarm bell'd go off in his head to ask if something was off with the source content provided to him, given this is a cross-gen game that's coming to both platforms (which he conveniently didn't touch on in his analysis. Is he somehow not aware this is a cross-gen mutli-platform release? Again, lack of very quick research). That feels like a failing or oversight for a graphics engineer IMHO.

You completely failed to justify your defense here, and there's really nothing I think you can say to justify it. So just move along; you obviously have something against my "track record" anyhow that'll cloud your rationality (despite the reality being the complete opposite of what you've deluded yourself into thinking).

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
I mean Driveclub looks better and that game came out 6 years ago. It has very little to do with Xbox or PS5, it's a developer issue/choice. They consciously chose not to put out a next-gen only game.

Ironically a lot of the old Evolution Studio folk (who made Driveclub) are at Codemasters now and yet they come out with this trash.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
but it doesn't even look like a good current gen game, I'm sorry just admit it looks bad.

Those tunnel textures look horrendous and some mobile games look almost on par with this.

you don't have to defend it, it's just fact.
that particular video/track looks bad. ive seen the game several times over the past few months. it looks great.

3pNY7kc.gif

xm45XfT.gif

Papacheeks

Banned
Right, I guess I can ignore your opinion going forward, then. You guys will feel mighty dumb with those blanket assertions as soon as...well, right now, actually. You obviously didn't do enough looking into my posting history.

Regardless if his videos come from the community, that doesn't mean a person has to give in completely to what a community member presents. As in, it doesn't take a lot of effort to do a bit of your own looking into things as a content creator to form your own perspective, while still giving an opinion on something a member of your community has provided. Especially with knowing how maligned online discussion in many fandoms (such as gaming) has gotten over the years, these content creators (whether they like it or not), have that type of responsibility in order to encourage healthier discourse across the board.

And I've no idea why you think bringing up his work as a graphics engineer bears any relevance to the main point I've been discussing here. In that given case, you would think an alarm bell'd go off in his head to ask if something was off with the source content provided to him, given this is a cross-gen game that's coming to both platforms (which he conveniently didn't touch on in his analysis. Is he somehow not aware this is a cross-gen mutli-platform release? Again, lack of very quick research). That feels like a failing or oversight for a graphics engineer IMHO.

You completely failed to justify your defense here, and there's really nothing I think you can say to justify it. So just move along; you obviously have something against my "track record" anyhow that'll cloud your rationality (despite the reality being the complete opposite of what you've deluded yourself into thinking).

Why do I have to justify your issues with someone giving their analysis on a multiplatform game and gave his 2 cents on what he was seeing graphically, in terms of reflections, lighting, textures, and model detail. I follow his work, his videos are insightful when talking about engine's, from api's, to lighting, ect.

I looked into your post history, your a good poster.
But you are trying to literally defend a platform in this thread. CHerno gave his 2 cents on what he saw graphically because....he's a graphic engineer. He did the same for Sony stuff, on top of things like unreal 5 demo.

It's ok to disagree with his assessment. It's not like him and DF are gospel.
But thinking there's some narrative on xbox is obsured. He literally brought up mostly that the game was multiplatform. He even apologized before he gave his assessment ahead of time as to not offend people like yourself. The just of it is the game doesnt look good and more than likely will look just as bad if not worse on PS5.

I think you have a complex, the fact you needed me to look into your post history for some kind of validation?
I never need someone to look into my shit, I've been here since 2013 and a lurker for much longer.

But you do you, if you think all of us are just dancing around and singing because there's bad press on specific games/platforms your wrong.
IT'S MORE like we are in a pandemic, and both companies and publishers have not been forth coming in everything they should be for consoles before launch.

tryDEATH

Gears 5, The Ascent, The Medium. Pick one, but I assume they won't fulfill your highly curated taste and set of standards that you would consider these as acceptable examples.

I don’t disagree with him honesty after watching that although I can understand why his demeanour might irk some people.

Have to say it makes a nice change someone not pushing sponsorships, patreons and Superchats in a video .

that particular video/track looks bad. ive seen the game several times over the past few months. it looks great.

3pNY7kc.gif

xm45XfT.gif
I truly don't understand why everyone is shitting on this game. I think it's bullshit. It's a multiplatform arcade-ish? style racing game. LOOKS FUN TO ME. Built to handle lots of cars and weather effects on current gen consoles. Nobody has ever complained about the way the Dirt series has looked before. Fast forward to now and fanboy bullshit on both sides are losing it due to the game not taking full advantage of next-gen. Whatever. This is mostly just used as some nonsense sticking point for PlayStation fanboys (I lean hard PlayStation BTW) to stick it to Xbox. Political football at its finest.

sn0man

Is there a lower-framerate, higher-fidelity mode for which we can see footage? I looked around briefly but the videos I found look like the one Cherno used.
Yeah the Digital Foundry video on youtube talked about there being 3 modes: a frame-rate, an image quality, and a 120fps mode.

The frame-rate focuses on 60fps and is mostly 4k. the image quality is also mostly 4k. I kind of think Dirt 5 should just have 2 settings, "image quality" and "120fps" based on how well image quality was running according to digital foundry. it's still pre-release so we shall see.

Bolivar687

Banned

I am so hopelessly confused by your avatar, your username, your member tag, but, most of all, this post.

He mentions Xbox people because this is one of two games we've' actually seen running on the console, he's looked at Miles Morales and Demon's Souls both of which put this game to shame, he's apologizing to xbox fans because this is being shown on their preferred console and it's not doing a great job of showing what it's capable of and he's going to point out the games shortcomings. This is on MS, if you want people to praise how the games look blame Phil Spencer for not having more first party stuff that will actually take advantage of the hardware ready for the first year let alone launch, they've bungled everything when it comes to the gaming side of this launch and that's an area they've been struggling with since the X1 launched.

I hate how evolution studios is being shit on in the name of console wars. This is yet another fantastic looking game with lots of dynamic weather and features that made driveclub look so stunning.

This isn't meant to be a next gen game and the fact that it even runs at 120 fps is something incredible since no other game is offering that at launch.

This is yet another example of how quickly fanboys turn on a studio after they go multiplat. Anyone who has played onrush and knows the dynamic weather effects of this game knows how great these games look.

look, look, look

Luke, I'm your father. Go to your bedroom and fix that mess.

quest

Not Banned from OT
It's to bad he could of used the video to show the effect of a third party being spread to thin 8 or so platforms. Being part of EA that should be up his alley. Instead it was some shots at code masters for making a cross generation game not look next generation enough for hIm. People were wondering why no new game play for demo series x out in the wild this video is why. Developers open themselves up to cheap shots to gain followers.

This is goofy.

You get a whole damn video of the guy giving reasons for his reasoning, taking about how he himself has worked on racing games, then you discount the whole fucking thing because you are hyper sensitive to any slight on Xbox?

His video is full of caveats to his criticisms, but you take like the PERIPHERALs of the video and get salty about them?

There's only one person who bought console wars here mate~

At no point does he mention Sony. At one point he says the game is dirt compared to Horizon - an XSX title.
He isn’t talking about that Horizon. He’s talking about horizon on the PlayStation, the video before this one he posted. It’s literally right there on the channel. But you’re biased so your brain went the way it did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom