• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A is playing religious music while you eat on the low

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I love music and I Shazam a lot of things to test my knowledge of music, anyways, I was surprised to see this.

SmMygqb.png

Save for maybe hobby lobby, does this happen anywhere else?

My university low key does it on Sundays. Pretty soothing when you're about to rip your hair out over homework or studies.

Weekdays it's Disney music and some popular songs like Imagine Dragons and other stuff.

I didn't even know they played music. It's always loud in a chick fil a for me due to there being so many people inside. Guess I never noticed.

In the Bible Belt of California—where I live—it’s not low-key. Definitely heard vocals before. They know their audience though.

bigkrev

I didn't even know they played music. It's always loud in a chick fil a for me due to there being so many people inside. Guess I never noticed.

Yeah, lol, I was going to say Its always so loud in Chic-fil-A that you never hear it.

And as someone who is Jewish, I'd take instrumental faith music over the Christmas Music I hear in every single store and restaurant for a month in December!

jackal27

Banned
Every Chick-Fil-A is privately operated and chooses their own music. Calm down.

source: my dad owns 2 and plays instrumental classic rock

"on the low"
"lowkey"
Really?...

EDIT: To prevent further confusion from people not reading the rest of the thread:

Rather be in that poster's position than being triggered by a slang word
You missed my point.
I'm not triggered by a word.
My point is there's nothing "lowkey" or "on the low" about it - it's very obvious.
Whoops. My mistake
No worries :)

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm not offended, just simply surprised, so I asked if there were others. That was all.

HeySeuss

as an ATHIEST this is REALLY upsetting

Is this sarcasm? Because I seriously can't tell. I'm an atheist and I'm more shocked that this wasn't already a given considering their outward religious beliefs that close the store on Sundays and are anti-LGBTQA.

Yeah, lol, I was going to say Its always so loud in Chic-fil-A that you never hear it.

And as someone who is Jewish, I'd take instrumental faith music over the Christmas Music I hear in every single store and restaurant for a month in December!

You'll take Wonderful Christmas Time and you'll goddamn love it.

There are lots of places around here that play contemporary Christian music, even big chains that aren’t explicitly religious.

Not

Banned
I hope we get some early 2000's Bebo Norman in there, shit's great

We need a thread about Christian music that actually holds up.

Persona7

Banned
i remember going to hobby lobby once and some random old lady was holding a demonstration about "the war on christmas"

Zaxby's does this, and even though I'm an atheist no amount of relgious music is going to keep me away from there. If need be I will promise my soul to Jesus for their chicken fingers and toast.

Also my local Chinese buffet place has Christian music playing constantly.

Not

Banned
Guess what? In and Out puts bible verses on their cups.

Not exactly the same as straight up worship music, to be fair

YOU MAKE BEAUTIFUL THIIIIIIIINGS

OHHHHHH HOWWWWW HE LOVES USSSS OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Disclaimer: My knowledge of worship music peaks at 2011

Top Bottom