• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A is playing religious music while you eat on the low

_Ryo_

The Dairy Queen down the street here always plays Christian music as well and I am pretty sure I've spotted religious stickers on the door at times.

The majority of religious music I've heard makes it sounds like the singer wants to get into Jesus's pants but I'm sure there is good stuff out there

Not

Banned
The majority of religious music I've heard makes it sounds like the singer wants to get into Jesus's pants but I'm sure there is good stuff out there

COME LORRRRRRD JEEEEEEESUSSSSS COOOOME

WE COME NOW

WE WON'T STOOOOP COMING TO YOUUUUUUUU
JESUS

I swear there was a South Park episode about this. It was one of the very few South Park episodes that I watched so I bet it did happen.

sinkfla87

"I'm offended that I've been eating at a known Christian Conservative chain called Chick Fil A and they've been playing instrumental religious music that I had to Shazam to confirm that it was in fact Christian music."

Lol. Seems like most people are on board with me, though. To those who are offended by the music, why do you care? I would be more shocked if I went into a chick fil a and they started blasting Death Metal. That would actually be fucking awesome, so fuck it I'm opening my own Chick Fil A. Any Death Metal suggestions?

This just made me spit out my drink.

Not

Banned
Last church I went to, Pastor wouldn't stop yelling "THEY'RE STILL COMIN'!" at every altar call.

Xe4

Banned
This is totally unsurprising if you know anything about Chick-fil-A.

Their food is pretty good though, so w/e. Other things they do bug me a whooole lot more.

partime

Dude it's literally all instrumental, which isn't 'worship' music at all, because religious lyrics are ZILTCH

So?

I don't see the big deal, there are religious people out there. And it is a religious owned establishment.

jaxpunk

The Arbys I eat at sometimes for lunch has some sirius xm religious station playing gospel rock or something. Who cares.

I'd be fine if it was choral or orchestral music (that shit tends to be good, and makes up a great deal of the baroque and classical repertoires), or soul or gospel, but I already know it's shitty Christian rock.

Slacker

This is as surprising as when the mediocre burrito chain added queso to their menu and it turned out to be mediocre.

realwords

Have you ever EATEN a Chick-Fil-A sandwich? If there's not religious music playing over the PA system, it's playing in your mouth.

Nista

Just use the drive through like a normal person and enjoy your unhealthy chicken.

Any instrumental music beats incessant Christmas music.

I'd be fine if it was choral or orchestral music (that shit tends to be good, and makes up a great deal of the baroque and classical repertoires), or soul or gospel, but I already know it's shitty Christian rock.

giphy.gif

I'd take that over the contractor working in my sister's house (hurricane repairs) blasting Christian (pop) radio with his Home Depot "tough" boom box. It was nauseating. They even had commercials where they talked about going to public schools and teaching kids that they are all children of God.

I don't eat at CFA anymore though so I don't care either way. If they were found to be using subliminal messaging to convert people or something I'd take issue with it.

I'm sure some Atheist anime avatar will have an issue with this.

Whatever religious tunes they play are probably on par with or better than your top 40 garbage anyway.

Top Bottom