• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicken Pot Pie. How do you feel about it?

How do you feel about Chicken Pot Pie?

• A good Chicken Pot Pie is the shit regardless. I don't care. Your friend is woefully wrong.

Votes: 52 50.0%
  • I love it, but my excitement depends on the recipe. Your friend is likely wrong.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • It's okay not my favorite regardless of recipe though. I am basically indifferent.

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • Chicken Pot Pie is not for everyone and your friend may be one of those people.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I am a bad person and I think Chicken Pot Pie sucks.

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

ahtlas7

Pot pie lovers, allow me to introduce you to Vol-au-vent, a French pot pie (my words). Apparently it exploded all over the plate however it tasted amazing. I had this in Brussels so perhaps that is how it’s served here. Also, part of a Belgian fry can be seen.

T3JPF2e.jpg

Tams

Pot pie lovers, allow me to introduce you to Vol-au-vent, a French pot pie (my words). Apparently it exploded all over the plate however it tasted amazing. I had this in Brussels so perhaps that is how it’s served here. Also, part of a Belgian fry can be seen.

T3JPF2e.jpg

That's umm... a very creative take on a vol-au-vent.

The filling is supposed to fit inside. People eat them at parties as finger food.

ahtlas7

That's umm... a very creative take on a vol-au-vent.

The filling is supposed to fit inside. People eat them at parties as finger food.
I’m not a chef but that’s a vol-au-vent. I’ve had them on numerous occasions and they all look like that. Maybe the chefs give me American portion.

Tams

I’m not a chef but that’s a vol-au-vent. I’ve had them on numerous occasions and they all look like that. Maybe the chefs give me American portion.
Come on, a simple search would have provided you with all you need to know.

Yes, you clearly did get a vol-au-vent... with about 10x too much filling.

ahtlas7

Come on, a simple search would have provided you with all you need to know.

Yes, you clearly did get a vol-au-vent... with about 10x too much filling.
what is your point? What I had wasn’t a Vol-au-vent? Because I will let the restaurant know you said so.

Last edited:
Had a family gathering earlier today and one of my cousins made my grandma's chicken pot pie by the letter. It tastes like heaven. Sex for my taste buds. A higher form of food. Literally the best food related thing I have had in months as far as I am concerned. I get back home and I join my usual group of friends who I play my games with and I decide to mention this fact to one of them and he says and I quote "Chicken pot pie? That is just a more complicated chicken soup with glorified bread crumbs. That stuff sucks."

what-the-fuck-did-you-just-say.gif

Now I consider myself to be someone with a level head and I don't have any anger issues. But hearing that made me wanna explode the sun and watch the solar system die in that moment. I literally grew up on stuff like chicken pot pie. It was a regular attendant at the Thanksgiving dinners of my youth and basically every holiday party that mattered my whole life.

Am I in the wrong for wishing complete and total annihilation on my friend for his obviously wrong food based opinion or I am rating Chicken Pot Pie too high on the list of foods?

EDIT: Oh and before anyone asks. Yes I am drunk at the moment and eating said Chicken Pot Pie leftovers. Be jealous.

You have to remember that most peoples pot pie experiences are thanks to shitty frozen meals. Home made pot pie is absolutely amazing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

T3JPF2e.jpg
i had something similar. i prefer the traditional pies more but having pastrys around a chicken pot soup is not bad tbh.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I think Paul McCartney is a cunt and needs to let Weird Al release it already.

Top Bottom