• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden E3 Trailer - Spiritual sequel to Rez on PS3 and Xbox360 [U-CONF]

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Looked and sounded really nice but not sure what was going on, although the little gameplay I managed to catch seemed very REZ-like. Which is kind of disappointing for me personally, since the only part about REZ I didn't like was the gameplay mechanics. Q Entertainment CAN make great gameplay to go along with their trippy visuals though (EEE, for example), so maybe they've evolved the REZ formula some for this game. :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Empty said:
Gamespot's video player won't load for me :(

mizaguchi with a spiritual successor to rez, though . i'm sold already
Click the download button below it.

i'm one of the biggest rez fans i know.

but you guys are seriously drinking the fucking kool-aid right now.

so mizuguchi has the balls to say "this is the spiritual successor to rez" and what i get is a trailer for what could be the next game in the fl0w series? the hell?

Empty

oh my god, that was incredible. what a feast for the senses. i adore the music and visuals, the use of colour is incredible and the bit when it slowed down and he started interacting with the object with his hands was so lovely. i need this game.

Xyphie said:
I had to disable AdBlock for it to work.

thank you.

StuBurns

Banned
Rabbitwork said:
i'm one of the biggest rez fans i know.

but you guys are seriously drinking the fucking kool-aid right now.

so mizuguchi has the balls to say "this is the spiritual successor to rez" and what i get is a trailer for what could be the next game in the fl0w series? the hell?
Ignore the motion crap. Did you see the Rez shit that was there for a few seconds?
Hawt damn.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kiriku said:
Looked and sounded really nice but not sure what was going on, although the little gameplay I managed to catch seemed very REZ-like. Which is kind of disappointing for me personally, since the only part about REZ I didn't like was the gameplay mechanics. Q Entertainment CAN make great gameplay to go along with their trippy visuals though (EEE, for example), so maybe they've evolved the REZ formula some for this game. :)

Que?

Rez has much better gameplay than EEE. EEE is at its best when you're doing nothing at all and just watching the chain reactions go off.

StuBurns said:
Ignore the motion crap. Did you see the Rez shit that was there for a few seconds?
Hawt damn.
yeah, i saw the rez re-hash segment that was 10 seconds of a 2 minute trailer.

i am not hopeful until i see actual gameplay and hear more music. that early 00s trance was not doing it for me.

dili

Really cool trailer. Hopefully it's as good as Rez which I absolutely loved because every other game Mizuguchi has done since then has left me underwhelmed.

Lafiel said:
I don't wanna buy a kinect for one game.;_;
Then buy a Move!

StuBurns

Banned
Rabbitwork said:
yeah, i saw the rez re-hash segment that was 10 seconds of a 2 minute trailer.

i am not hopeful until i see actual gameplay and hear more music. that early 00s trance was not doing it for me.
Might end up being crap, but I've waited a long time for a 'spiritual' or actual sequel, and I'm very excited. I think it was utterly beautiful.

I don't have a GameSpot account, damn I want that mega HD version.

StuBurns said:
Might end up being crap, but I've waited a long time for a 'spiritual' or actual sequel, and I'm very excited. I think it was utterly beautiful.

I don't have a GameSpot account, damn I want that mega HD version.
i'm excited to know a game is in development with the idea in mind of making a sequel to rez.

i however, am appalled to see how many people can be shown 2 minutes of what is literally 'a bunch of pretty lights' and think its automatic gold.

FiRez

the rays at the beginning looked like Miku's clothes, the color scheme was very similar too

I wish I could find my Rez PS2 disc ;_;

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Looks like it was explicitly designed for motion controls.

yurinka

Even before seeing the trailer, day one.
Edit: Saw the trailer. I love this guy. Nice to see he now buys his stuff from the same narc than the guys from That Game Company and Pixeljunk.

JUST AWESOME.

Danielsan

soothe. said:
dude, screw the ps2 version, the hd version is fantastic!
Amen.
Sucks for those who don't have a 360.
They should really release a PSN version so that more people can enjoy it.

Hopefully there's more to it than just shooting things with a cursor.
At least that's all I gathered from the tiny bits of game footage.

Other than that though...uhhh it looks pretty?

jett

D-Member
Looks trippy, would've liked to see more of a game in there though. :p I also hope it has a story like Rez and isn't 100% abstract. Definitely got my attention. Rez is the best thing I own for my Dreamcast.

genjiZERO

I'm confused: is it a motion game or a controller game? the first part looked like a controller, but the second like motion. Hoping for the first, and if so maybe the most exciting game of the conference!!?

Top Bottom