• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden E3 Trailer - Spiritual sequel to Rez on PS3 and Xbox360 [U-CONF]

Mr.NiceGuy

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265343/

Tetsuya Mizuguchi's game, on 360 and PS3, release date unknown.

Looks like it's a PSN and live arcade game, no mention for the wii anywhere. Also, it's hinted that the game will support or use the Kinect and Move.

Check out this brand new game from Tetsuya Mizuguchi that will make you use your body to control the game and experience your senses.

Dascu

Looks interesting, though I had hoped for more gameplay footage. It doesn't look quite as cool as Rez with the first-person viewpoint.

LaneDS

Gah, please don't make me want a Kinect just to play something Rez like.

Actually looked pretty compelling from that trailer, which is impressive considering how uncompelled I've been towards Kinect so far. Move would also be acceptable.

But really, need to see gameplay first, can't really tell how much of that was indicative of what it'll play like.

farnham

Banned
why not have both

sin and punishment 2 (which is a on rails shooter like rez) has gc con and wii mote options

and can be played both ways

STG

please please please have normal pad controlls PLEASE

I love REZ and I will buy this, but I am not a fan of move/kinect :/

SolidSnakex said:
Mizuguchi has already posted on Twitter that he's going to be doing a live demo of it at the confernece.

Cannot wait, unless they superimpose a guy waving his hands around over my beautiful visuals.

LaneDS

Also, Sega, please make a Panzer Dragoon that controls like this and I'll buy it. I might even buy two, just for you guys.

thefil

This actually makes me want to try it with Kinect. I hope that the actual Gameplay is easier to make out than the parts they showed, it was extremely flashy.

In all honesty I may end up buying a Move for this, even though the Kinect controls look more compelling
maybe it would work with PSEye?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Love how Q Entertainment never disappoints in giving us simulated acid trips.

Would definitely like to hear more. Something tells me it won't be Kinect/Move exclusive.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This game could actually make non-contrived use of the glowing sphere on Move :lol As long as it's not using any other camera stuff, you could turn off the lights and get some philips aura style light effects going on.

ZealousD said:
Love how Q Entertainment never disappoints in giving us simulated acid trips.

Would definitely like to hear more. Something tells me it won't be Kinect/Move exclusive.

I'd very surprised if it was... they may pitch motion as the primary way to play, but they won't lock out a much bigger audience on gamepads.

Empty

Gamespot's video player won't load for me :(

mizaguchi with a spiritual successor to rez, though . i'm sold already

Danielsan

gofreak said:
This game could actually make non-contrived use of the glowing sphere on Move :lol As long as it's not using any other camera stuff, you could turn off the lights and get some philips aura style light effects going on.
Ooh man, imagine the move flashing with the beats.
Tripping balls man. :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice trailer, very pretty and colourful. I'm guessing it'll have normal controls too?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
gofreak said:
I'd very surprised if it was... they may pitch motion as the primary way to play, but they won't lock out a much bigger audience on gamepads.

Yeah, especially given that Q is pretty niche outside of Lumines. And we definitely saw a cursor.

Top Bottom