• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden - Mizuguchi's next project

mehdi_san

According to gameblog.fr (source: http://www.gameblog.fr/news_16004_e3-10-child-of-eden-le-prochain-mizuguchi), Tetsuya Mizuguchi will be announcing his new game during E3 next week. The codename Child of Eden is a reference to Rez, which codename was Project Eden at the time. The game is said to be a spiritual successor to Rez, but this time the game won't use a 3rd person perspective. It will be for HD consoles (PS3/360 according to 1up), and it will be edited by Ubisoft. More info should come during Ubisoft conference on Monday.
I can't wait to see what it looks like (and what it sounds like also :D ).

Almost confirmed by Twitter? Thanks to Pirateben for seeing this:
pirateben said:
Official Q Entertainment Twitter just posted this and changed its background image from Space Channel 5 to Rez:
Quote: Q Entertainment's new game to be revealed on Monday @5pm PST at the LA Theater. Set your clocks now! Return to SYNESTHAESIA!!

And by 1up now. Thanks to gofreak for noticing this :
gofreak said:
Anyway, it may be nothing, or may be related...1up has a 'secret ps3/360 game' preview session scheduled as part of their E3 plans. They say: "We speak with an old friend about a highly anticipated spiritual successor."
There's a guy named Milky who used to work at 1up and who's now at Q entertainment (=old friend) and the anticipated spiritual successor is certainly Rez 2.

Also, can a mod change the title to "Child of Eden is Rez 2 - Mizuguchi's next project" ? It would be better I think.

Dascu

I thought it was rumored that the spiritual successor for Rez would be a Wii game? Code-named QJ or something.

mehdi_san

_dementia said:
I thought Rez's code name was K Project?
From Wikipedia:
Rez, developed under the codename K-Project, Project Eden, and Vibes,[2] is a rail shooter video game released by Sega in Japan in 2001 for the Dreamcast and PlayStation 2, with a European Dreamcast release and United States PlayStation 2 release in 2002.

Raide

Now, I could listen to Tetsuya Mizuguchi for several hours, so he will be perfect for the Ubisoft event.

Cartman86

Banned
DotComa said:
It'll disappoint a lot of people, as this is a Natal game...

...expect more news on monday :)

This is the kind of game that would NOT disappoint me if it was Natal. Someone who clearly knows how to make games gives me confidence. I sure as hell need it because so far all Natal seemed to be good for was mini-game collections for 6 year olds. I don't need hardcore FPS's on Natal, but I want something with obvious thought put into it.

StuBurns

Banned
I'd heard Rez 2 was in production around the time Milky left 1up to go and work on it. I'm not getting Natal, so I won't be playing it, but Rez is maybe the best game ever. Enjoy Natal'ars.

Vorg

Banned
I'll just assume this to be a lie so that I don't have to deal with the pain of getting my hopes up for a Rez 2 and not getting it in the end.

jax (old)

Banned
Screw every other announcement. This is the megaton if true. (and not motion controlled bullshit).

mizuguchi doesn't make enough games for my liking.

GWX

Dascu said:
I thought it was rumored that the spiritual successor for Rez would be a Wii game? Code-named QJ or something.

Yup, published by Atari. I wonder what happened with that...

Top Bottom