• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

Edgeward

Ataturk said:
I've had a lot of trouble calibrating the Move for this. For Dead Space Extraction it wasn't even an issue.

When it says to hold it to the side and press the move button, should you hold it closer or further away to get more precise control without having to move your arm so much?
Closer, like move your arm a couple inches only to get the expected results you want so that so you dont have to make big ass gestures to move across the screen. And keep the move where it would naturally be at nuetral for the first part as well, dont worry about tilting up and extending your arm towrads where the camera is.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Edgeward said:
Closer, like move your arm a couple inches only to get the expected results you want so that so you dont have to make big ass gestures to move across the screen. And keep the move where it would naturally be at nuetral for the first part as well, dont worry about tilting up and extending your arm towrads where the camera is.

Exactly, and keep in mind the different motion scaling between menus and in-game.

http://youtu.be/jB-hy8IbOTQ?t=6m50s

StuBurns

Banned
Watched your video last night TTP, very informative. Almost tempted me into buying a move, only almost though.

Anyone know what it runs at in 3D? I imagine the framerate takes the hit, not the resolution?

Ataturk

Thanks for the help. The video cleared it up. That difference in how the pointer controls in-menu and in-game is quite confusing.

Himself

Ataturk said:
Thanks for the help. The video cleared it up. That difference in how the pointer controls in-menu and in-game is quite confusing.

Yeah. I preferred the pointer controls to the 1:1 controls. Slightly off-topic: do House of the Dead and Dead Space Extraction have pointer controls or the 1:1 style?

Back on-topic: Stage 3 is tough on Hard! I beat 4 with relative ease but the "boss" of Stage 3 is whupping me.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Himself said:
Yeah. I preferred the pointer controls to the 1:1 controls. Slightly off-topic: do House of the Dead and Dead Space Extraction have pointer controls or the 1:1 style?

Pointer.

Jaeyden

StuBurns said:
Watched your video last night TTP, very informative. Almost tempted me into buying a move, only almost though.

Anyone know what it runs at in 3D? I imagine the framerate takes the hit, not the resolution?

Don't know the resolution but the frame rate is rock solid all the way through in 3d if that helps?

Chowfahn

Neo Member
DDL version from BoxedDeal for the 360 is still available for $12, too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449629

So I finally got around to playing this today. And wow, what a game. It works amazingly well with the Kinect. I have no urge whatsoever to try playing with a controller. It's also the first game in a long time to make me feel upbeat and happy. It's basically a love letter to humanity's ingenuity, passion, and art. Sure, there's not much "story" from what I've seen but that hardly matters. It's the message, you know?

On the whole, I'd say it's a much more cohesive package than Rez. It's been a long while since I played that game but all I remember is blasting baddies with my homing missiles and occasionally shooting down incoming missiles. In this game they force you to mix up the shooting types with different enemies. I don't remember that in Rez. But, again, it's been years since I played that.

And seeing
"Trip Mode visual effect unlocked"
at the end was pretty damn amazing. I can't wait to try this game again.

emalord

Hi guys, I'm back with my portfolio.
This time it's dedicated to Archive #3 - Beauty
Needless to say, it's beautiful.

6273123721_2fdde0381a_z.jpg

6273654602_42d7a98ca0_z.jpg

6273656432_3f71219dd5_z.jpg

6273660382_a306ea4bb9_z.jpg

6273137137_12c330ed34_z.jpg

6273140561_958325dc36_z.jpg

6273668382_5ff327de81_z.jpg

6273136419_9ac34b3141_z.jpg

6273663050_344ee91a00_z.jpg

6273128693_6731beeb1d_z.jpg

6273669174_ca7ca4768b_z.jpg

Okay WTF

Am I doing something wrong, with the PSMove why is the cursor SLOOOW/sluggish during the actual game?
It's perfectly fine in the menus.

What gives?

I just picked this up from amazon sale and had the same problem but figured out a fix.

When calibrating and it asks you to move the Move controller to the side, only move your wrist a tiny bit to the side. Gets the cursor to be more responsive

Rimfya

Banned
Bought this with that cheap online code the other week.

It's amazing. Such a shame they charged way too much for it at retail.

My arm is sore though... wish it didn't require such flicking or pushing.

Interview with Miziguichi up on the Japanese Xbox.com about the game, what he liked about Kinect, etc.
I enjoyed it, even through the "wonders" of Google Translate.

Interview here.

Such a good game, a highlight of my year (as was this thread :)).

I just got this game with kinect and ive been playing for an hour and can't beat the first level. I've calibrated everything, but it still just seems really hard. Am I doing something wrong?

I just got this game with kinect and ive been playing for an hour and can't beat the first level. I've calibrated everything, but it still just seems really hard. Am I doing something wrong?
Any luck?

Try switching to your left arm, your rapid fire as soon as any Purple targets are on screen.
You can pass the level using the rapid fire for 80% of it (just scoring less points).

I've been going at the game hard for a couple weeks, trying to platinum it on PS3. Does anyone know the name of the song from Matrix? The boss song is stuck in my head.

WhyMe6

I know it's terrible to do such a late bump, but I'm not really the type to make LttP threads. I just wanted to throw my two cents in since I recently purchased and beat this game.

As a massive fan of Rez, I must say that I am so happy that this game was made. I love that it has a different approach to aesthetics than Rez, and I love the message of the game. I'm not a corny guy, nor am I some peace lovin' hippy, but this is one of very few games that have ever touched me emotionally. As I was playing the final twenty minutes or so, the imagery, music and emotions of the game was just so overwhelming that I was moved to tears.

Child of Eden is an absolutely beautiful game. Like Rez, it is unforgettable and timeless. Thank you Tetsuya Mizuguchi for creating this! I hope one day you are offered another chance to create another game of this genre and style.

i bought this game again the other week since it was about 4 quid on PS+ and i wanted to see if 3D and move controls made it any better than the 360 version.

they don't :( the 3D is pretty good, but move controls are super glitchy and need recalibrating all the time. and the music is still the same.

i think this game might have been my most crushing disappointment of the generation. almost everything about it is a terrible downgrade from rez.

Z..

I must be alone in thinking it's much better than ReZ, then...

This game is insanely good when high. Just blasted through it with a friend from scratch... Amazing stuff, completely worth the 5$ it cost me.
Also, is it just me or is it much better with a controller than with kinect? Oo

This game is insanely good when high. Just blasted through it with a friend from scratch... Amazing stuff, completely worth the 5$ it cost me.
1) You're never alone in an opinion, but generally yes, Rez is considered the better game.
2) $5 when a lot of the posters paid many times that, so their perspective may be different
3) ... no. I don't it's just you. It's Kinect for gods sake.

Z..

1) You're never alone in an opinion, but generally yes, Rez is considered the better game.
2) $5 when a lot of the posters paid many times that, so their perspective may be different
3) ... no. I don't it's just you. It's Kinect for gods sake.

1 - I get that Rez's gameplay might be slightly better, but the eye candy makes CoE something I'll never forget, where as Rez is just a good game, to me.

2 - True. Anywhere over 15$, I would've felt cheated.

3 - I know right? It's just always been refered to as one of those cases where Kinect not only works well but is actually better to use than then controller. Which isn't the case at all, the controller feels so much better! Oo

3 - I know right? It's just always been refered to as one of those cases where Kinect not only works well but is actually better to use than then controller. Which isn't the case at all, the controller feels so much better! Oo
I actually enjoy it with both Kinect and controller. It feels very different. And it does have one of the more reliable Kinect setups.
But still, if that one in 10 times Kinect messes up and you waste a shot...

Himself

I'm with you on both points. I prefer Child of Eden over Rez, and I'd rather play with a controller. Such an indredible game.

Top Bottom