• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Eden (PS3) not cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
From GAFfer and GameStop employee Maxrpg:

Maxrpg said:
Well it looks like the Kinect version of Child of Eden will be the only version. Just got the email today that it's cancelled for the PS3.
Can any other GameStop employees confirm or deny?

Additionally the astute RedStep has noticed there is no PS3 version listed on Ubi's website:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/search/vars.false/sort.relevanceFactor?q=child+of+eden

Update:

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Not cancelled, according to Mielke.

Rumor is false, people. Move along now. #nothingtoseehere

https://twitter.com/jamesmielke/status/58908649665474560

lupinko

Well the other rumour is that the PS3 version is being delayed to add in 3D support to go along with Move support.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man, I've never seen a game so completely bungled like the PS3 version of Child of Eden.

"Well its coming...maybe without Move, I dunno...later in the year...maybe 3D?...we haven't confirmed anything...could be a timed Kinect exclusive...ok it's canceled...maybe."

And we just had those rumours recently about the PS3 version supporting move and 3D. It would be really shitty if Microsoft bought exclusivity after it being announced on PS3 for almost a year.

Shurs

Hard to believe that Microsoft would pay for Ubisoft for exclusivity. While I think this could be a great game, it certainly doesn't scream "system seller."

snap0212

The PS3 version was always the red-headed stepchild. It's a shame, because no matter how good it will work on Kinect, it'd have been better with Move. Will probably get for Kinect then, but I'm not happy about this (if true).

Minamu

Yeah they said like 2 days ago that 3D & move support is coming and that is basically pushing the release back 4-6 weeks beyond the 360 release. Doubt they'd cancel a close to finished version of a game this close to release (?). The money bag required for that would have to be enormous to cover the financial loss it seemingly is these days to not be multiplatform.

Shurs said:
Hard to believe that Microsoft would pay for Ubisoft for exclusivity. While I think this could be a great game, it certainly doesn't scream "system seller."

I feel the opposite way - if anything it's the most interesting use of Kinect yet and would be good feather to have in Microsoft's 2011 cap. Not that I want exclusivity to happen, but then again I am buying the Kinect version..

Shurs said:

Considering the amount of times Microsoft pays for mere XBLA games, I don't think system sellers matter too much to them. They just want to wave their penis around.

Shurs said:

True, but it is pretty much the only thing that has got the average core gamer interested in Kinect, so having it as an exclusive would be a big bonus for MS.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
True, but it is pretty much the only thing that has got the average core gamer interested in Kinect, so having it as an exclusive would be a big bonus for MS.
That's definitely true.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
There's no way it's canceled. If anything they just pushed it back for a 6-12 month exclusive window, but MS isn't going to shell out millions just to throw all the work on the PS3 version away like that when a half year/year exclusive will work the same.

Shurs

SuperSonic1305 said:
Considering the amount of times Microsoft pays for mere XBLA games, I don't think system sellers matter too much to them. They just want to wave their penis around.

Sure, but in this case, you're paying to kill off a version of a game that's already near the end if it's development cycle.

Ubi doesn't just have to account for lost sales on PS3, they have to account for the amount of money they spent developing the PS3 version.

JustAnotherOtaku said:

This is very true and to be honest its the most impressive title for Kinect given its Summer release date.

kaiwing

I certainly hope not and that it is delayed. Adding in 3D for TVs is nice, but there is no reason for exclusivity here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
chubigans said:
There's no way it's canceled. If anything they just pushed it back for a 6-12 month exclusive window, but MS isn't going to shell out millions just to throw all the work on the PS3 version away like that when a half year/year exclusive will work the same.

Wouldn't be the first time this situation happened. See: Last Remnant. Can't say for sure if money was involved for that one or if it was terrible UE3 issues.

Kyoufu

Kagari said:
Wouldn't be the first time this situation happened. See: Last Remnant. Can't say for sure if money was involved for that one or if it was terrible UE3 issues.

Terrible game issues.
runs from LR fans

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I hope this rumor isn't true i wanted to buy it for the ps3, guess if it is canceled i won't buy it at all.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hate to speculate, but child of eden always seemed like a nice niche hardcore title to attract gamers to kinect... maybe MS moneyhats are involved for a (timed?) exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom