• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light | Co-op trailer, European Deluxe Edition (PS3/PS4/PC), cross-buy

Seda

Co-Op Trailer
1080p60 trailer:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_child_of_light_trailer_shows_coop-15088_en.html
Our new stream goes up to 1080p60 (still encoding, it will take another few minutes), give it a try!

iD3uR8uJ4rMay.jpg

PR (Euro)

London, UK – March 5th, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Child of Light, the poetic turn-based RPG that will release digitally on April 30th, 2014, will also be available the same day in retail as a Deluxe Edition on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and on Windows® PC. This Deluxe Edition is available for pre-orders right now and will be available in the UK and other EMEA territories only.

The Child of Light Deluxe Edition will contain exclusive content, including a poster designed by Yoshitaka Amano, the renowned Japanese artist, a 24 page art book with unrevealed artwork and an Igniculus key ring. This boxed edition will also include additional game content, with a bonus quest, a new character and a pack of collectibles.

Additionally, the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of the game, both in retail and digital, will benefit from the cross-buy option. Therefore, players buying Child of Light on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 will be able to play the game on both platforms at no additional cost.

Child of Light is created by a small team of seasoned developers based in Ubisoft Montreal. It has been developed on Ubisoft’s UbiArt Framework, a powerful engine that lets programmers and artists bring their art to life by allowing original concept art to be inserted unedited into the game world. In Child of Light, the effect is akin to stepping into an interactive painting.

Child of Light is a reimagining of classic fairytales, inviting players on an epic adventure into the magical painted world of Lemuria. Players will uncover mysteries, participate in turn-by-turn combat inspired by classic JRPGs, and explore a mystical kingdom. The game puts players in the shoes of Aurora, a child stolen from her home, who, in her quest to return, must bring back the sun, the moon and the stars held captive by the Queen of the Night. Helped by her companion Igniculus the firefly and several unlikely allies, Aurora will face her darkest fears, including dragons and other mystical creatures, in this modern take on a coming-of-age story.

The game will be available for download on Xbox LIVE for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, the eShop from Nintendo for the Wii U, and PC Digital, at the price of £11.99.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, I wonder if there'll be a DDE. I was going to pre-purchase on Steam within the next few weeks but I think I'll hold off, just in case.

Dinda

Really looking forward to this game, a bit undecided about the platform. PC? hmm i also didn't exactly use my PS4 a lot till now. But i think i will buy it on the WiiU. Should be a great game to play on the gamepad.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm very impressed with the value proposition, £12 day one, for both versions, and it's so pretty.

I applaud Mr Ubisoft on this.

shwimpy

Confused by the excitement for crossbuy when there's no Vita version. Are people really gonna play this on PS3 as well if they have a PS4?

Footos22

Confused by the excitement for crossbuy when there's no Vita version. Are people really gonna play this on PS3 as well if they have a PS4?

I got excited till they said ps3/ps4 no point having it on both unless the game.is.amazing and warrants 2 trophy lists ;)

Well as there are currently ten times as many PS3 owners as PS4 owners, I imagine people will enjoy knowing that they can buy it on their PS3 now and still have it available when/if they upgrade to a PS4.

Seda

for some reason I thought this game was Wii U exclusive.

Will be getting for PC!

wait is this not confirmed for N/A?

The PR states "This Deluxe Edition is available for pre-orders right now and will be available in the UK and other EMEA territories only."

Although I'm not sure if any retailer actually has pre-orders up yet, nor do we know the price.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Cross-buy is a nice gesture, even thought it doesn't seem very practical with it being PS3 and PS4.
Personally, I'm excited because it sets an amazing precedent for Ubisoft. I didn't think they'd go for Cross-Buy. I really hope these smaller games they have coming out this year are all successful experiments. I don't want them surviving on their open world stuff forever.

Takao

Banned
Ubisoft becomes the first major third party to support Cross-Buy ...

and of course there's no Vita SKU.

oti

Banned
But wait, we should be able to play it one the PS Vita over Remote Play on the PS4, right? And it's a JRPG, so no quick reflexes necessary. So basically it's Off-TV, which was the only reason I wanted to get this on the Wii U.

Vexxan

Gorgeous deluxe edition goodies but I'll stick with the regular edition. Hope the game turns out to be as good as it looks.

Top Bottom