• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light trailer/screens (Ubisoft JRPG, Rayman Engine, PC/360/PS3/WiiU/XB1/PS4)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Edit:
-You can interrupt enemy attacks by timing
-You can play co-op with a second player controlling the flame fairy dude

Joystiq said:
I was able to play a brief demo of Child of Light during the Ubisoft Digital Day event in San Francisco last week. The demo, which included a few encounters culminating in a boss fight, was understandably brief, but didn't diminish the game's beauty. While navigating potent vistas ripped from a watercolor painting, and foreboding caves inspired by old fairy tales, a pleasant and steady tickling of the ivories heralded my arrival to each new map.

There are no random encounters in Child of Light; rather, you see every enemy within the environment and, upon touching them, are thrust into battle. Child of Light's battle system is a variant of the Active Time Battle system employed in the Final Fantasy series. At the bottom of the screen, a bar shows how long it will take for enemy actions (and those of your own) to initiate; casting big spells or employing special moves will increase or decrease your attack timing, so planning is paramount.

Polygon forgot to put up a preview, but here are some screens: http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/10/4712022/child-of-light-artwork-and-screenshot-gallery

There's lots of art at the link.

CoL_Screen01.jpg

CoL_Screen02.jpg

CoL_Screen03.jpg

CoL_Screen04.jpg

CoL_Screen05.JPG

CoL_Screen06.JPG

Sequence_01.Still034_copy.JPG

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

modulaire

It looked more impressive in the blurry Vine-video imo. I expected a slightly different art style. A more mature look, this looks more like a Children's Book Illustration.

I'm still very interested, I can't wait to see more videos.

Top Bottom