• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China calls for less 'effeminate' men in videogames and bans 'gay love'

BigBooper

Gay love? There's like two games I can think of. More manly men though...maybe China will end up saving our culture. That'd be something... What about the feminine women? China money speaks loudly.

tommib

What’s this nonsense about promotion? For 100 years we had straight “promotion” on tv and cinema but that didn’t make the gays not fuck each other in dark rooms and clandestine cinemas. You’re basically saying that I’m fine with the gays as long as I don’t see them anywhere. Let them stay marginalised, unable to function with dignity in society.

This hallucination with promotion ends up with LGBT free zones as in Poland. That must be such a heaven for a gay teenager. Much better than having a fucking gay character on your videogame.

Last edited:
How fucked up is it that China might be the one to take sone of this marxist stuff away.

But the bigger problem is China itself, scary times ahead.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Does China know what country produces Genshin Impact?

maxresdefault.jpg

tommib

China are concerned about the feminization of men, or men becoming "soft". This is not homophobic because it is nothing to do with sexuality. A straight man can be effeminate and a gay man can be masculine.

It is really not too dissimilar to JFKs warning in the 1960s that American boys were becoming soft.

Fair enough. The problem is that people in this thread started to associate feminine men with homosexuality. I should take them to the dark rooms I go to so that they meet some of the hot hairy builders and electricians I fuck.

Spaceman292

Banned
I agree with you there. The west is too focused on promoting lgbtq issues at the expenses of traditional values on family, masculinity and femininity. Heterosexuals are the majority in the world population. We can coexist and accept adult members of the lgbtq community but I'm against promoting it in children. They can be manipulated easily and I believe that it's better to let them develop naturally without people outside the family with an agenda trying to influence them. Hell the majority of us were. Manipulated into believing in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. Children can also be manipulated to become racists at an early age. Videogames for children shouldn't be promoting that and should just focus on being fun with neutral themes.
Go away Xi. I know that's you.

China got this one right. The decline of the west is directly correlated to the effeminate weak men being raised today (in my opinion) and they are trying to turn the ship before they follow suit.

The "decline of the West" is directly correlated to greedy governmental bodies, corporations and financial systems gradually weakening and curtailing the financial freedoms of the average man and woman, not just in their countries but in areas around the world (which have created big pockets of destabilized governments and economies), all for the pursuit of money and power. The other major factor is poor parenting between generations and loosening on moral and ethical traditions (mainly fueled by major corporations wishing to exploit this for increased profits).

But no, let's blame the existence of gay people and homosexuality instead 🤷‍♂️ China's only applied a capitalist coat of paint to what's essentially the same Maoism school of political totalitarianism they've always cherished, and it's just going to create a bigger slippery slope of more things they'll want to conveniently outlaw or ban for their idea of a "strong" society.

Which eventually will include people like you.

Sure. There are adult males that have high pitched voices. Sexuality is any depiction of sexual orientation straight or gay. They shouldn't push any of it on children. All good for mature audiences.

Well good thing Nickelodean doesn't have butch Abby ass-banging a self-insert in that new fighting game of theirs...or...any game they've made, ever. Same goes for Nintendo.

'Ya know, companies that primarily make family-friendly, kid-friendly games. Almost like all the sexual stuff is in more mature games appropriate for older audiences ;)

Sorry to TLOU2 fans. I just really don't like the way they did its story, and Abby sucks.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Fair enough. The problem is that people in this thread started to associate feminine men with homosexuality. I should take them to the dark rooms I go to so that they meet some of the hot hairy builders and electricians I fuck.
See that's the "promotion" you were talking about earlier. Why are you so eager for people to see what kind of hairy buttholes you like?

tommib

See that's the "promotion" you were talking about earlier. Why are you so eager for people to see what kind of hairy buttholes you like?
Promotion? I was jut pointing out that there’s nothing feminine about fucking men and a hairy arsehole. As if this forum isn’t filled with “promotion” of users wanting to fuck teenage anime school girls. Get the fuck out of here.

Last edited:
What the fuck does he have a handbag? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
handbags bro... this trend has finally made it's way to the west.

Been a thing in Asia forever! I'm thinking about picking me up a nice Gucci murse 🤔 ... but I ain't fancy like that, so I'll stick to my daily Moment fanny/sling bag for now :messenger_tears_of_joy:
If I was made to go into the office more often... it might be justified 🤔 :messenger_sunglasses: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TrueLegend

Ideally, creators should be free to do what they want but I wouldn't object to China's propaganda when it is set up against another propaganda in the first place.

If a country with a democratically elected government enacted these laws, would that be ok?

What if it was a proposition that passed overwhelmingly in a random region in a random country?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think China can suck a dick. Worst country on the planet right now. Letting Covid sneak out. Misleading the entire world for the crucial first few months. Concetration camps for muslim men. Marrying off muslim girls to lonely chinese men.

Im sure the average chinese folks are fine, but their government is absolute trash. They need to fucking rise up.

aclar00

I agree with you there. The west is too focused on promoting lgbtq issues at the expenses of traditional values on family, masculinity and femininity. Heterosexuals are the majority in the world population. We can coexist and accept adult members of the lgbtq community but I'm against promoting it in children. They can be manipulated easily and I believe that it's better to let them develop naturally without people outside the family with an agenda trying to influence them. Hell the majority of us were. Manipulated into believing in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. Children can also be manipulated to become racists at an early age. Videogames for children shouldn't be promoting that and should just focus on being fun with neutral themes.

Based on your rationale it would seem kids are manipulated into being straight historically....and presently no?

Not intending to sound like an asshole, but im curious to know what you find to being great example of child based game? My main thoughts lends me to believe you're thinking of Tetris, Pac-Man or educational type games?

Also, what age is 'mature' enough? 16, 17, 18 or another, possibly younger age?

aclar00

China are concerned about the feminization of men, or men becoming "soft". This is not homophobic because it is nothing to do with sexuality. A straight man can be effeminate and a gay man can be masculine.

It is really not too dissimilar to JFKs warning in the 1960s that American boys were becoming soft.

Propaganda for the "war-machine"?

MiguelItUp

Man, China has been making some hard swings lately, lmao.

Yeah, I think it's obvious that so many big companies and corporations are essentially just pandering to said things. It's really unfortunate. Nothing really feels "real" if it's being leaned into SO hard. I understand people really want or are super excited to see inclusion and diversity, I get it. But when it feels fake, forced, and doesn't feel true, it's doing more harm than good.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Games with a "wrong set of values," including "gay love," are to be avoided

The rules are explicitly homophobic.

wipeout364

It would be great to see them clamp down a lot harder on western media and games. Maybe then we could stop all the ridiculous pandering; for example removing skulls and blood splatter from siege and other bullshit.

aclar00

Dude...this entire site is filled with 90% staright nsfw ass, breast and thigh 'promotional' topics. Let alone the dozen or so weekly discussions of "uglyfication" of video game women at the expense of the heterosexual male gaze...

tommib

Dude...this entire site is filled with 90% staright nsfw ass, breast and thigh 'promotional' topics. Let alone the dozen or so weekly discussions of "uglyfication" of video game women at the expense of the heterosexual male gaze...
But then you write MAN FUCKING HAIRY ASSHOLE and it’s promotion of the agenda!

BigBooper

Yea, I never claimed otherwise. That poster in particular was saying promotion wasn't a thing and then in their next post said they wanted to take a few posters in to watch them have gay sex. It's not at all the same thing.

tommib

Is that the purpose of the EU? To homogenize culture? Rhetorical question, feel free to not answer.
The purpose of the EU is to respect their citizens and not marginalize them by amplifying anti-gay agendas and the creation of LGBT free zones.

tommib

Yea, I never claimed otherwise. That poster in particular was saying promotion wasn't a thing and then in their next post said they wanted to take a few posters in to watch them have gay sex. It's not at all the same thing.
Jesus Christ. I was making a point and a joke about homosexual sex not being inherently feminine.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

I don't know how you could possibly have missed the obvious point of that post lol

Amiga

That aside, everything you just said could be applied to violence in games, and kids are exposed to quite a lot of that,
kids shouldn't be playing violent games also.

kids are still developing physically and mentally. sex violence and bad language are very disruptive and destructive, could start negative impulses that are difficult to change.

Viscious82

Neo Member
I'm not chinese but maybe the majority of them are happy with their government overall. It's their call where they want to keep the cccp in charge. They are a completely different society with different values. They probably see us and wonder why we would ever accept our leadership. The US leadership is pretty broken right and they spend more time fighting than addressing social issues. Overall the Chinese leadership has been addressing social issues and improving conditions there over last 70 years. So it will be interesting to see how both forms of government pan out in the long term.

Top Bottom