• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China: Fishermen catch wildly huge 686-pound fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

giant-grouper-2-thumb-640x344-817446.jpg

Fishermen have caught a giant grouper that weighed 683 pounds (310kg) near the Nansha Islands. The fish was sold to a hotelier in Dongyuan, because apparently that's what one does upon catching an utterly massive mutant fish.

giant-grouper-1.jpg

Groupers are deep sea fish that usually weigh under about 3.3 pounds, or 1.5 kilograms.

Just last month, a 50kg bighead carp was cooked in the 23nd Chinese Chef Festival in Changsa, but that was nothing compared to this monstrosity.

giant-grouper-3.jpg

giant-grouper-5.jpg

giant-grouper-6.jpg

http://shanghaiist.com/2013/11/12/photos_a_683_pound_giant_grouper_ca.php

Famassu

If that's real and not just another China-is-great BS story, I wouldn't want to eat the fish. Who knows how much shit has accumulated inside it, having grown so freakishly big and all. There's some unhealthy amounts of mercury & shit in much smaller fish, don't even want to know how much all kinds of crap does that thing have, especially knowing it has come from China with such super-strict environmental protection.

TheMan

If that's real and not just another China-is-great BS story, I wouldn't want to eat the fish. Who knows how much shit has accumulated inside it, having grown so freakishly big and all. There's some unhealthy amounts of mercury & shit in much smaller fish, don't even want to know how much all kinds of crap does that thing have, especially knowing it has come from China with such super-strict environmental protection.

maybe you'd turn into a superhero after eating all that radioactive shit

Groupers are deep sea fish that usually weigh under about 3.3 pounds, or 1.5 kilograms.

Primates are terrestrial mammals that usually weigh under about 10 pounds, or 4.5 kilograms. This one grew to 165 pounds!!!!

Savitar

At least now it won't grow up to swallow children whole before one day becoming greater....more evil and fights Godzilla in a slobber knocker.

lol
there are hundrets of different groupers.
giant groupers (as the one in the article) can reach 3m in lengh and over 400kg.
they are pretty common too.

K69oSWj.jpg

90Psyb3.jpg

ib3Xksf.jpg

maybe you'd turn into a superhero after eating all that radioactive shit
Yeah you'd earn the power of FISH.

Or your wang would mutate and grow a fish head in place of the glans. Then it would look at you right in the eye whenever you took a piss, asking for death.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I swear some animals on this planet look like they come from another world.

and fish are one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom