• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China is getting fucked by the new Corona Virus, consoles will probably be delayed

Roufianos

The notion that both consoles could be delayed or have serious shortages is worth discussing, especially on a gaming forum.

You virtue signalling clowns need to make your way to ResetEra. Just because the OP made this post, it doesn't mean that he doesn't care about the fatalities.

Consoles doing delayed is trivial compared to people dying but we can still care about it. Surprisingly, humans can care about more than one thing at a time.

DonJorginho

Banned
Someone makes a post to just let people know what will happen, and show's no evidence that he does not care about the situation in China or that he is annoyed with delays.

NeoGAF Cucks: OMG OP YOU ARE SO SELFISH AND SAD WTF, HOW DARE YOU MENTION SOMETHING GAMING RELATED ON A GAMING DISCUSSION SITE.

Get a life you unwanted buckets of spunk.

@SLoWMoTIoN looks like you're another victim of his LARPing as a Chinese nationalist. He's Australian.

XyJC7Z1.png

Keep quoting a literal cyberbully. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

VMotives

Banned
Honestly, we could use this virus here in the US to clear up the overpopulation. Beautiful forests are getting torn down all the time, that shouldn't be torn down to make room for houses. If baby mama's out there quit popping out babies left and right like pop tarts, we wouldn't be in that situation. I wish we could adopt a one child per couple policy.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Honestly, we could use this virus here in the US to clear up the overpopulation. Beautiful forests are getting torn down all the time, that shouldn't be torn down to make room for houses. If baby mama's out there quit popping out babies left and right like pop tarts, we wouldn't be in that situation. I wish we could adopt a one child per couple policy.
Hi Bill Burr ;)

DonJorginho

Banned
If we are all being honest a global pandemic is just nature's way of clearing it's memory cache, gets rid of all the miscellaneous data holding up the RAM usage.

It sucks that people have to lose their lives but this is just the natural way of trimming down the population in mother nature's eyes.

Last edited:
How shameless and opportunistic must people be to be blaming the OP for not caring about or disregarding the loss of human life based on what he posted? He's simply stating the obvious on a forum that is dedicated to games and which is quite obviously highly anticipating the launch of the next gen consoles. This virus is a lot more serious than people think. It was brought up on this very forum before that the situation could end up affecting the launch of the new consoles, and it was almost immediately dismissed just as quickly as it was brought up.

Just because an observation is made regarding the realities of how and where these consoles and many other electronics are made, it doesn't mean that bringing it up somehow means you're a heartless piece of shit who doesn't care about the loss of human life. That's shameless shit folks, chill with the bs.

The notion that both consoles could be delayed or have serious shortages is worth discussing, especially on a gaming forum.

You virtue signalling clowns need to make your way to ResetEra. Just because the OP made this post, it doesn't mean that he doesn't care about the fatalities.

Consoles doing delayed is trivial compared to people dying but we can still care about it. Surprisingly, humans can care about more than one thing at a time.

Agree 100%

people should get off their high horses. Just because there are people dying doesn't mean you can't rationally discuss the effects of an event on other aspects of life. Sometimes horrible things happen and it effects the supply chain. If we aren't allowed to talk about it when that happens the world would go to hell pretty fast.

xrnzaaas

Even if the current epidemic won't turn into a worldwide pandemic we'll finally have an answer what happens when China can't produce cheap goods for the rest of the world anymore. So many companies have been relying on China-only made parts and products.

That's what you're worried about?
We can still discuss wider ramifications of the outbreak... Personally I think that the most worry some side effect (after all the deaths and suffering) it that the production of medecine and medical equipment for a lot of the world will be disrupted (including China) which will invariably bring more deaths.

If things really get out of control, how will the world be after that storm has passed?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
5c1d4bd785993d05e7d5f95f9bbd5509.jpg

I was thinking of corona infused consoles (is that even possible) but for some reason this came to mind.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: jts

Nymphae

Banned
Are we ResetEra now? Trying to twist people's words to shame them and be outraged.

He never said that. But this is the gaming section, so it makes sense to discuss how world news can effect video games.

Why not just go into every thread and tell everyone to stop talking about video games because there's a bunch of bad shit going on in the world.

Seriously. Some of you people here are addicted to negativity.

This is a classic example of people being so obsessed with the wish to have any topic being ‘on the table of discussion’ yet not actually being able to express any reason to want to have the discussion in the first place...

Personally I think playing the latest game is far down the list of priorities in this scenario to the point that it’s actually bad taste to worry / create a thread about it.

But posters who are *for* the topic and are defending it so adamantly - where are you going with this?

Ok let’s discuss it:

Potential pandemic / virus is infecting many parts of the globe which could mean you don’t get your new toy on time...

That’s literally it.

Think about this for a second before you defend tasteless / crappy topics like this - your thought process is going nowhere.

Where are you even going with this discussion should you wish to perpetuate it?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Corona virus could be the death kneel for complete globalization. At the very least it will change the way businesses work (in the short term) and possibly lead to governments passing laws that prevent the majority of goods coming from one country.

Diversification of supply chains, even if it means paying more, will be important in the future, and a government can force companies to have diversified supply chains in some cases (IE pharmaceutical companies selling in the US must produce at least 50% of their product in the US using resources 100% from the US.) This would force jobs to be created in the countries that have lost them to China, and would also cause the costs of goods to go up.

We will all be paying more for everything in the future is my bet. The good ol' days are over.

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
This is a classic example of people being so obsessed with the wish to have any topic being ‘on the table of discussion’ yet not actually being able to express any reason to want to have the discussion in the first place...

Personally I think playing the latest game is far down the list of priorities in this scenario to the point that it’s actually bad taste to worry / create a thread about it.

But posters who are *for* the topic and are defending it so adamantly - where are you going with this?

Ok let’s discuss it:

Potential pandemic / virus is infecting many parts of the globe which could mean you don’t get your new toy on time...

That’s literally it.

Think about this for a second before you defend tasteless / crappy topics like this - your thought process is going nowhere.

Where are you even going with this discussion should you wish to perpetuate it?

This is a gaming forum, guy.

There haven’t been new consoles in years and the new hardware that’s coming is, for some people here, wildly exciting. If there’s going to be a delay for any reason then people here are going to talk about the delay. A country could get nuked and the delay would still be talked about. It’s the DELAY we’re talking about here, NOT the circumstances surrounding the delay.

Maybe dismount from your high horse for fuck’s sake. You’re not better than the rest of us. We care about the people impacted by this virus just as much as you do. Stop suggesting otherwise.

This is a gaming forum, guy.

There haven’t been new consoles in years and the new hardware that’s coming is, for some people here, wildly exciting. If there’s going to be a delay for any reason then people here are going to talk about the delay. A country could get nuked and the delay would still be talked about. It’s the DELAY we’re talking about here, NOT the circumstances surrounding the delay.

Maybe dismount from your high horse for fuck’s sake. You’re not better than the rest of us. We care about the people impacted by this virus just as much as you do. Stop suggesting otherwise.

What fucking high horse?

People that are *for* this thread don’t even know what they want to discuss hence the only real replies from them have been bitching about others saying the thread is bullshit.

So you want to discuss the unconfirmed delay of the Series X and PS5?

Please do tell me more about this unconfirmed delay...

Let’s make up some shit just because we can and spark some real discussion...

Okay heres another scenerio...

The Virus increases in its radius and lethality causing more death and disruption. Due to this, China lock down production and other countries ban export / importing. Because of this the PS5 and Series X suffer a huge delay. How does this make you feel and what do you do in this circumstance?

Do you see how stupid this makes you look?

What fucking high horse?

People that are *for* this thread don’t even know what they want to discuss hence the only real replies from them have been bitching about others saying the thread is bullshit.

So you want to discuss the unconfirmed delay of the Series X and PS5?

Please do tell me more about this unconfirmed delay...

Let’s make up some shit just because we can and spark some real discussion...

Okay heres another scenerio...

The Virus increases in its radius and lethality causing more death and disruption. Due to this, China lock down production and other countries ban export / importing. Because of this the PS5 and Series X suffer a huge delay. How does this make you feel and what do you do in this circumstance?

Do you see how stupid this makes you look?
Leave the thread if you're not interested on any discussion. Fuck off to Restera if you want to take the moral high ground.
Let us discuss what we want.
We dont need your pompous, entitled bitch ass around these parts.

Siri

Banned
What fucking high horse?

Um, this... right here.
As I said before - a disgusting and tasteless thread topic.

Shameful.

There’s nothing shameful about discussing delays (whether they’re bogus or not). We all care about the people and their families who have been impacted by this epidemic. Stop telling us this discussion is tasteless and shameful - it isn’t.

And, btw, saying that we only care about ‘getting our toys on time’ is just downright condescending. Your horse is now a mile fucking high. So, yes, get down from it.

Leave the thread if you're not interested on any discussion. Fuck off to Restera if you want to take the moral high ground.
Let us discuss what we want.
We dont need your pompous, entitled bitch ass around these parts.

For fucks sake, what are you even discussing?!?

That’s what I’m saying... Do you comprehend this very simple observation?

You are discussing FUCK ALL... All you seem to be able to say is “go to Reeee, go to Reeee...”. How about you change the fucking record and actually attempt to discuss the thread you are backing up so adamantly?

Guess what? You can’t, because there’s nothing actually to fucking discuss. It’s bad taste, hypothetical bullshit and you know it.

This use has been permanently removed from thread. You can now watch the "lack of discussion" on the sidelines.
Um, this... right here.

There’s nothing shameful about discussing delays (whether they’re bogus or not). We all care about the people and their families who have been impacted by this epidemic. Stop telling us this discussion is tasteless and shameful - it isn’t.

And, btw, saying that we only care about ‘getting our toys on time’ is just downright condescending. Your horse is now a mile fucking high. So, yes, get down from it.

WHAT ARE YOU DISCUSSING?

I don’t see any fucking discussion whatsoever. Please enlighten me with your thoughts on this (Unconfirmed) delay? How do you feel if you don’t get your console until an 8 / 12 month delay? Well, go on - tell us your concerns?

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
The governments are obviously working very hard to control this. I don't know how long it's gonna take, but they'll probably have a vaccine. I mean, too much is at stake. Not only people's health, but also the global economy. Hopefully they're able to get this under control sooner rather than later.

And, about the new consoles. Frankly I don't care. There is a lot of stuff to play as is...and eventually they'll come anyway.

Reactions: jts
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously. Some of you people here are addicted to negativity.

For fucks sake, what are you even discussing?!?

That’s what I’m saying... Do you comprehend this very simple observation?

You are discussing FUCK ALL... All you seem to be able to say is “go to Reeee, go to Reeee...”. How about you change the fucking record and actually attempt to discuss the thread you are backing up so adamantly?

Guess what? You can’t, because there’s nothing actually to fucking discuss. It’s bad taste, hypothetical bullshit and you know it.

I see your point OP.

This really, really matters.

I mean it is literally so important. So very, very important.

WHAT ARE YOU DISCUSSING?

I don’t see any fucking discussion whatsoever. Please enlighten me with your thoughts on this (Unconfirmed) delay? How do you feel if you don’t get your console until an 8 / 12 month delay? Well, go on - tell us your concerns?

vDt36eL.png

Is it at all possible that this virus epidemic will even affect the PS5 announcement or reveal?
I know a mobile conference was cancelled in Barcelona and it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that maybe this will affect a potential Sony PS5 reveal.
This Coronavirus issue is getting worse and i'm all for delaying production or whatever else until the issue gets remedied.
We also have GDC coming up and maybe that could also be affected somehow. I don't know, just speculating here.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Isn’t that great? They’re all cooked for you to eat.
There's no butter in lobster hell. That's what makes it hell.

As far as next gen consoles go I wouldn't expect this to cause a delay. I would expect it to cause supply constraints which could limit the number of units available at launch. So they still hit their launch window, just with fewer units. Get ready to fight scalpers for your shiny new console if you want it day 1.

Last edited:
There's no butter in lobster hell. That's what makes it hell.

As far as next gen consoles go I wouldn't expect this to cause a delay. I would expect it to cause supply constraints which could limit the number of units available at launch. So they still hit their launch window, just with fewer units. Get ready to fight scalpers for your shiny new console if you want it day 1.
That's why you play it smart and pre-order online. Why use weapons to fight off scalpers lol, when you can use your keyboard and just reserve your console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom